Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JagdishYour feedback matters!
My 5 year. Old son is having fever and vomiting. I have already given p250 (paracetamol oral suspension) 5ml. Twice. Temperature reduces for some time and comes back. He is not eating anything. Kindly suggest what to do. I have also mefenamic acid suspension (mefetal -p). Shall I give this. Temperature varies from 101 f - 102.6f.
My son is 15 month. He no creative mind. He is only cry when he is see another person. He is no learn more anything. He is only like saw t. V; or mobile. What should I do?
I gave wheat rava today 1st time to 11 month boy baby. He is doing loose motion now at one time. Is not safe to give him. How?
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
Hi My child is 9 months old recently he had developed some infection in the front end area of the penis, I am not sure if it is a external injury or internal infection. There is swelling on penis and during urination it's normal he don't cry but while external touch he is crying. Is that something I need to worry about please advise.
My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. told to take blood test report was elevated wbc and crp. Wbc is 19000 and crp is 76. So he put him oñ antibiotics. For 7 days but after 2 days he is alright but now continuing the antibiotics. Dr. told to repeat the blood test but am very worried. I have google regarding end but it is shocking if elevated wbc is dangerous? Or only becoz of the fever the wbc is elevated? He is active and normal. Shall I repeat the test after 7 days. Is there anything serious ?
Hi Dr. My 1 and half month baby is getting darker day by day. Is this normal? Does baby changes colour and when will her complexion settles down? Can I do something for her complexion? So that she could get fair skin tone. I hv heard about one chemical called glutathione for fair skin. Can I use products made of it?
My son is 3.5 years old, he got stomach pain first. By taking motion test, the result is hookworm. Then after taking scan, he got mesenteric adenitis. He is taking macox zh kid and senasef. How long will it take to cure? What is the cause for this disease? Is hookworm serious? kindly tell what not to do?
I am confused whether to give my 7 month old son flu vaccine as it is listed as optional in the vaccination schedule. I live in kolkata and have not seen anyone suffering from influenza in the near past in my area. Please advise.
I have 15 months son his weight is 10 kg he has vomit n loose stools what food should I give to him wat medicine shall I give ? Emeset syrup am giving to him for vomit please help me.
My breast milk in 6 months. Now my baby s 10 month old still he is not sitting properly. Just falling down within 30 secs. What to do?
My child is 1 year and 3 months old but he can not walk only stands and only walk with my support doctor suggest its lack of vitamin D which fulfilled by vitamin d injection kindly advise me for this problem.
Hi, my son is three years old. He is having cough in night only. Day time he is very much ok, but night only he is having cough. What medicine we have to give?
My daughter age is 9. She have a stomach pain and she can`t go motion and urine freely. What should we do?
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oi
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neurological disorders. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory, and emotion. This has a detrimental effect on your overall brain health.
Let us see some of the signs which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends.
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior.