Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JagdishYour feedback matters!
I have 23 month old child he catch two much cold and running nose and he is lethargic. I want to carry on with Ayurvedic medicine pls help me out. The problem is he gets running cold every 15 days we give him regularly tulsi water but still problem come again and again.
I am 32 years old woman. My last delivery date 13/08/2014. I discontinue Brest feeding my baby after one year of delivery due to some problem. Nowadays I want to continue feeding again but my milk is insufficient for my baby. How can I increase my milk naturally. Thank you
Hi doctor I have 10 days male baby he weighs about 3.25 kg but most of the day he is sleeping if he wakeup he needs feeding after feeding he used to go latrine n some times bit of water is coming out in one eye after wakes up from sleep .at the time of feeding and while bathing he is not respiration properly is it ok .plz suggest.
My baby is completed his 2 year 2 month and I want to stop breastfeeding but it's not possible for me as well as for my baby what should I do I want to stop feed him please suggest me some solution.
My son 1 month old. He is having prickly heat on his face and head. He is having much on head. How to get rid of prickly heat. Please suggest any medicine.
Hi Doctor My son 1 yr 4 months old, he undergone for a surgery Coarctation of Aorta in his 3rd month. For a past 1 week he had a severe cough and cold, even we undergone for a medication, they prescribed Deriphyllin, Bromisal, Docser which is not responding for his cold & cough. Kindly pls tell me.
How to get rid of masturbation? Is it cause for a lean and low weight body. Because my age is 17 and 1/2 years and my weight is 45 kg and height is 5 feet 6 inches. Please suggest me to get rid of this bad habit and how can I get weight.
Hi doctors, my baby boy is 6 months and 10 days old, he's having running nose for the first time and having difficulty to fell asleep at night. We bought medicine for him as prescribed but I do pity the little soul in the middle of the night. Is their any home remedies?
3 year abhi mjhe baby ni chahiye. Vomiting ki tarah morning me lgta h food ko dekh k iritation ho rha.
Hello doctor, My baby is 10 months old she crawls very nicely and stands too but fears to walk and falls down. So what should I do to make her walk? Should I massage her back and legs and with which oil?
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.