Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JagdishYour feedback matters!
I am 25year old. My gums got swollen and bleeding plus smelling starts, so what to do to tightening the gums.
Hi I have gaps between lateral upper incisors and central incisors are large. Can I opt for crowns or braces?
I am a 22 year old boy. When I was kid I don't brush my teeth properly but now I am brush daily. But the my mouth smell I feel very guilty please give me some ideas that the my mouth never smell.
suffering from mouth ulcer past 3 days. Pls suggest some medicine. I have tried home remedies by having plenty of water and applying honey on my sores.
Hello sir I have feel fever and allergic in my teeth and runny nose and feel weakness from last 1 day. What can I do.
I am 21 year male, and I have a toothache problem since crown is set up on the teeth after rcton my left up 6 th teeth. What should I do?
My teeth is very yellow. How I can make my teeth white. I lost my confidence because of yellow teeth. Please help me.
I am 22 years of age and at times face the problem of having bad breathe. I do brush regularly and wash my mouth after having food, I don't have any tooth decay too.
Dental sealants are barriers that can protect one's teeth from developing cavities. Made out of plastic material, there are usually applied to the molars and premolars at the back of the mouth.
How are dental sealants applied?
- The teeth on which the sealant is to be applied is cleaned properly and then dried. A solution containing acid is applied on the teeth to make the surface rough, as this helps the sealant bond well with the teeth.
- Then the teeth are rinsed, following which they are dried. Finally, the sealant is applied. At times, a special light is used to make the sealant dry easily.
Reasons to use dental sealants:
- The chewing surfaces of the teeth are aided by dental sealants. Sealants are thin coatings that are painted on those areas.
- One main reason for using sealants would be that even though brushing and flossing can remove the food particles stuck in the grooves of the teeth, at times some particles may be left behind. Sealants can prevent this.
- The sealant spreads over the enamel in the grooves of the teeth, acting as a shield. This prevents food particles from getting stuck in the pits and fissures of the teeth. When such food particles are stuck in the grooves of the teeth, cavities are likely to form. Applying sealants can prevent this.
- Children, who are at a greater risk of developing cavities, are often advised to use dental sealants to prevent their teeth from decay and damage.
- Adults whose teeth have suffered considerable decay may seek the help of sealants to protect them.
- Adults who have had fillings done in their teeth cavities may also apply sealants in order to prevent any further damage in the near or distant future.