Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hi this is pradip taware I am 21 years old and there is one dark spot on my right hand I already used all the creams suggested by the doctor, but it's not work. Please please Help me.
My husband has a brown small spot in his right face. The spot came from due to chicken pox before 5 years ago. But it is still now.
I am facing tan problem ,even though my age is less but face is not glowing as it ,recently I am getting black spots due to pimples.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.
Good day to you For the past few years, there is something that is really concerning me. Im 22 years old, my knuckles crack alot. It happens itself. It started when I was around 14 years old. When I make my hands stiff and curl my fingers to make a fist, all my knuckles crack. I do not have any swelling or problems due to it, but it still really bothers me. What is this and why is it happening? Can it be due to malnutrition? How do I cure it?
I have to know that I have a skin problem like Eczema. The problem is more than a year please solve my problem.
Am using rotatory shaver for shaving. I have black skin in shaving area. So advice me to remove black skin.
I am suffering from skin problem dark patches in lips corner and too much dark circles and I am using melaglow cream but there is no effect. So please help me?
Previously I had pimples after using a cream. Now that I have got dark marks. How do I get clear scar free skin?
My face skin is oily n small pimples on chicks. N my colour was loosed in sun. What is treatment for bright skin.
Hello, im 18 years old, during my childhood days im so much fair and my skin tone is indian white but now I lost almost all my colour. Im male, please suggest me to get back my original colour.
I am 20 years old female and I am suffering from severe hair loss and pimples and dark spots. What I have to do?
Doctor I have problem of lining like rashes scratch marks in my outer muscles of knee and on my hip. There is no itching problem.
Hi I am 25years old I have a clear and dry face. I have become darker nowadays I was not this much dark before and this is because dust and sun. I have tried many cosmetics but got zero results. So I request doctors to suggest me a cream or face wash or any medicine so that I can get back my complexion and whiteness back. I want to become fairer.
I am 25 years old guy, in summer my skin becomes tan, and gets pimples on face, what should I use to glow my skin and remove pimples? Please advice some non cosmetic products.
I am training for weight gain. I soak a cup of black chana and moong dal at night in water and I eat it next day whenever I get time. Does it still contains the same calories and nutrition if I eat all the amount I have dipped. Also if they have same calories as the raw beans why do I feel very hungry after eating it?
Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your skin care, dry air can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable. Dry skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed.
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.
1. Prevent baths and showers from making dry skin worse. When your skin is dry, be sure to:
Close the bathroom door
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin. To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of:
Drying off after a shower or bath
Washing your face or hands
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Shea butter also works well. Other ingredients that help to soothe dry skin include lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
Tip: Carry a non-greasy hand cream with you, and apply it after each hand washing. This will greatly help relieve dry skin.
4. Wear lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips. If your lips sting or tingle after you apply the lip balm, switch to one that does not cause this reaction.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using:
Skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.
6. Wear gloves. Our hands are often the first place we notice dry skin. You can reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Be sure to put gloves on before you:
Go outdoors in winter
Perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet
Get chemicals, greases, and other substances on your hands
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry and raw even clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating. To avoid this:
Wear cotton or silk under your clothing made of wool or another material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
8. Stay warm without cozying up to a fireplace or other heat source. Sitting in front of an open flame or other heat source can dry your skin.
9. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
When to see a dermatologist
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If these changes do not bring relief, you may want to see a dermatologist. Very dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. Dry skin also can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. A dermatologist can examine your skin and explain what can help reduce your discomfort.