Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagadish G SYour feedback matters!
Wrinkles are an unavoidable part of growing old. As we grow our skin becomes thin and loses its elasticity which results in sagging. However, excessive sun exposure, stress, sudden weight loss or genetic predisposition can also lead to wrinkling of the skin.
Luckily, there are a number of ways to fight wrinkles; here is a list of 10 natural ways to reduce your wrinkles:
- Drink plenty of water: The first step to reduce wrinkles is to keep the skin hydrated. This helps flush out toxins and maintain the elasticity and firmness of skin. Along with drinking water, applying a moisturizer is also essential to keep the skin hydrated.
- Bananas: Bananas are rich in vitamins and minerals and are essential for healthy skin. They keep the skin nourished and boosts collagen production. It also fight against the damage caused by free radicals and gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Ginger: Ginger is rich in antioxidants. This helps flush out toxins and also prevents the breaking down of elastin, thus reducing the formation of wrinkles.
- Egg whites: Egg whites can be used as a face mask to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. This helps stretch the skin and shrink open pores. Egg whites are also rich in a number of minerals that help in repairing the tissues and fight wrinkles caused by free radicals.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is best known for its natural bleaching properties. It can also be used to exfoliate skin and shrink open pores. This gives skin a smoother appearance and increases elasticity.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural remedy for a number of skin conditions. It is rich in malic acid that makes skin elastic and thus reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Zinc in aloe vera also helps shrink open pores and boosts collagen production.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish the skin and give it a healthy glow. It also functions as an antioxidant that keeps the skin supple and reduces the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Honey: Honey is the best suited to dry skin. It hydrates the skin and prevents moisture loss. Honey also exfoliates skin and promotes the generation of new skin cells. This helps lighten age spots, scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Almonds: Almonds are a superfood that's great for your health and your skin. It is rich in nutrients like vitamin E, zinc and folic acid that nourish the skin and prevent the degeneration of skin. It also helps delay the aging process.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds are rich in vitamin B3 and niacin that can help repair damaged skin cells and promote the production of new skin cells. This also helps reduce wrinkles and lighten age spots, fine lines and crow's feet.
I am female. and I have too much dark circles. Kindly tell me. What can I do for reduce. Under eye dark circle?
A rash on your child’s body or their regular cough bouts can sometimes be triggered by an allergy. We can excuse it by calling it a common flu or a heat rash, but the reason behind it might be something you are not aware of. Your child might be allergic, and it is imperative for you to find out that exact thing your child is allergic to, it can be dust, nuts that you may think is beneficial for your child’s health or even the fabric of the clothes you put on them. Allergies are caused when children come in contact with allergens, which can he inhaled, injected or even eaten unknowingly. If you see any of the symptoms of allergies, consult your doctor at the earliest and do not treat it lightly.
Some common triggers for allergies
These are divided into four groups
- Foods: Certain foods like peanuts, eggs, milk and it products which you feed your child might be triggering their allergy.
- Outdoors: When kids play outside pollens from trees or flowers might causes allergies. Even insect bites and stings are a major trigger
- Indoors: Animal fur or hair and even dust mites and mold that exist in your house can trigger an allergy
- Irritants: Common irritants like cigarette smoke, perfumes or even car exhaust should be watched out for.
Symptoms of common allergies
- Nasal Congestion: It is referred to as stuffy nose, which is very common in kids. Allergies are the most common cause of chronic nasal congestion (a stuffy nose) in children. Sometimes a child’s nose is congested to the point that he or she breathes through the mouth, especially while sleeping.
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever): It is also common and its symptoms include a runny or itchy nose and constant sneezing. A child with allergies may also have itchy, watery, red eyes and chronic ear problems. Even though it’s commonly known as “hay fever,” allergic rhinitis isn’t triggered by hay and doesn’t cause fever.
If you suspect your child has an allergy, make an appointment to consult a specialist. Start a diary before the appointment and keep track of what symptoms your child experiences and what you think causes them.
I have acne scar on my face, so whats best medicine or solution to get rid of that and even my pores on face are visible, and its quite big big pores. Please help me.
Apart from the skin on your face, the skin on your elbows and knees needs special attention as well. Whether you’re fair skinned or dark skinned, with age you may notice your skin on the elbows and knees becoming darker than usual. This happens because the skin in these areas is thicker than the rest of the body and has more folds than usual. It also has no oil glands and very little blood supply that makes this area rough and dry.
Genetics, exposure to the sun, improper hygiene, hormonal imbalances and certain medications are some of the factors that play a role in the darkening of the skin in these areas. Resting your elbows on the tables or kneeling puts the skin on your elbows and knees in contact with other surfaces and causes friction that can also make the skin darker. Luckily this is not a condition that requires medical attention and can be treated with simple home remedies. Here are a few-
Lemon and Honey Scrub: Lemon and honey are excellent for the skin. Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties and honey is a great moisturiser. When combined together, they lighten the skin and make it softer simultaneously. Mix 1 lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey and apply on the affected areas. Leave on for at least 20 minutes and then rinse.
Vinegar and Yogurt Mask: The combination of vinegar and yoghurt helps remove black spots and moisturises the skin. To use, mix a few tablespoons of vinegar with yoghurt and apply on the skin. Once dry, rub the mixture in a circular motion to scrub the dead cells off and then wash off.
Aloe Vera Gel: Along with all its other health benefits, aloe vera gel is also very good for the skin. In particular, it addresses damage caused by sun exposure and moisturises the skin. Ideally, use the gel from a plant directly. Apply aloe vera gel on the elbows and knees and leave to dry for at least half an hour before rinsing it off.
Turmeric, Milk, and Honey: Turmeric is well known as an antiseptic and when combined with the moisturising properties of honey and the bleaching properties of milk can do wonders for darkened elbows and knees. To use, mix equal proportions of all the three elements into a paste and apply to the affected areas. Leave on for 20 minutes and scrub in a circular motion before washing off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Sir I have a burn spot in my face how can I remove it. This accident happened in my childhood. Now I am 18+. I don't use any product remove it.
Hello to clear the face, like I have black spots as well as pimples on my face I want to get rid of it! please help!
Hi, I need your consultation on skin, I have been experiencing the uneasyness on my skin, formation of pinples, dark pimples and also these days I am witnessing the hair growth on my ears. Need your help in preventing the hair growth and pimples free soft skin thanks.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.