Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagadish ChikkegowdaYour feedback matters!
I have cold from my childhood days. Now also I have cold. Doctors told me that my nose have a small bend. So we want to operate. I have fear of operations. So please give me a solution for this. I will be thankful. Cold will come more when I clean and be in dust. Dust allergy is my main problem. And when I use to rain then also I am getting cold and sneez. I have 22 years old. If I continue this types of problems, i'll not able to marry. If I marry anyone, she will become shy to walk with me. So will you give me a solution. More over I am losing confidence while attending the interviews.
For me sperm releases While sleeping. Is it good or bad? Please help me to diagnose this problem if it is wrong.
From my childhood I'm getting sweat on my hands and legs. I even can't write exams because if it. How to stop it.
After potassium alum applying on cuts in barber shop 10 days back, my LFT report today shows total bilirubin 2.26,direct 0.84, indirect 1.42,sgot 15.7,sgpt 11.3. Usg abdomen normal and hbsag rapid test showed negative and I am anemic too as checked in earlier reports my hemoglobin will be 12. Do potassium alum cause hepatitis, taking Liv 52 tablets. Is rapid hbsag test effective.
Male 60,i have enlarged testes(hydosile)for the last 30 yrs.My right side testes is enlarged by 6 times the normal size , left side testes is normal in size.I am very very afraid of operation.I become faint when think of operation.Please get my hydrosile cured by medicine if possible
I have problem with my nostril its block when I am sleeping when I awake in morning me having little headache and catarrh and cold so what I do.
Sir we did unsafe sex yesterday, My wife is feeding mother of 2 month baby if she take I pill is there any harmful causes to her? Or what should I do in this situation please help.
I totally lost my voice my throat is paining and swelled I can not raise my voice so please suggest me medicine.
I'm suffering from headache for the past two years when I'm emotionally upset or tensed. This started when my head got hit on a wall. There was swelling for almost two weeks. I haven't consulted with a doctor yet. Please help me.
My wife, suffers instantly from skin allergies as soon as she puts on woolen garment during cold season, any suggestions please.
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.