Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagadeesh .PYour feedback matters!
Everyone loves healthy shiny hair. But in today's world many people are suffering from hair loss. Hair loss could be because of number of reasons such as aging, too much stress, smoking, hormonal imbalance, infections, use of wrong hair products, genetic factors and nutritional imbalances.
Our scalp consists of about 100,000 strands of hair and it is normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day. It is only when you start losing more than that some medical intervention is required.
PREVENTION OF HAIR LOSS
First of all, it is very important to detect the root cause of your hair loss at an early stage. Once it is detected, it becomes easy to treat it. Following home remedies can be tried to prevent it at first stage:
- Avoid excessive or chronic stress or at least learn to release your stress.
- Avoid "crash diets" for rapid weight loss.
- Quit excessive smoking.
- In case of any hormonal imbalance see your doctor immediately who will then advise you to undergo proper treatment.
- Observe if any medicine you are taking is leading to hair fall. Call upon your doctor to replace it with some other medicine.
- Eat a healthy diet with enough proteins, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamin, and minerals to support healthy hair growth.
- Make sure you receive enough iron to avoid symptoms causing anaemia. Avoid overdose of vitamin A.
HAIR FALL TREATMENT
There are a couple of treatments available for hair loss which includes medications, surgery, laser therapy, and wigs or hairpieces.
There are only two medications available to treat pattern baldness which are FDA approved. These medicines are:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine). Minoxidil is an over-the-counter liquid or foam that you need to apply onto your scalp. This is to be applied twice a day to grow hair and to prevent further hair loss. It takes at least 16 weeks to show the effects. However you can have scalp irritation and unwanted hair growth your face and hands while taking this medicine.
- Finasteride (Propecia). This medicine is prescribed if you don't respond to minoxidil. This medicine is to be taken daily in the form of a pill. You need to keep taking it to retain benefits. However, there are some side effects of taking this medication which include diminished sex drive and sexual function and an increased risk of prostate cancer.
In case you don't respond to any of the above mentioned medicines your dermatologist might advise you to undergo hair transplant or restoration surgery. During this procedure, the surgeon removes a part of your skin and then implants it on your scalp. Such procedures are generally expensive. There is also a risk of infection and scarring.
Wigs and Hairpieces-
You can also use a wig to hide your baldness if you do not want to undergo any surgery or are irresponsive to above medications.
Hello doctor, I have poor facial hair, is any natural remedies for get facial hair growth or any treatment or tablets available now. please help me.
Hi m tirumala age 30 I hve psoriasis since 7 years and I am using ointment propysalic nf6 but is there any other medicine to cure permanently.
Hi, I have hair fall problem from last 5 years. Lot of gaps between hairs. Which homeopathy medicine is more effective for this.
I am a 25 year old girl. I am having severe acne problem for the past 2 - 3 years. The acnes leave behind scars. I had tried all home remedies. Pls help.
Can we regain black hair over grey hair? If yes, what are the simple ways to get rid of very hair result may be slow but should be effective.
Hi my name is raghu I have hair falling problem from few months how can I over come this problem can you advice me. Daily I have loss my hairs from 100 - 150 hairs please advice me how to solve this problem.
Hiii I am 31 year old man I have a problem of itching in my secret part and both the corner also. There always comes water like in that corner side and now after lots of itching that skin moved and blood coming from corner. I can not control itching please help.
I Am 21 years old female. I have excess hair growth on face please help me what should I do. I have searched a lot but I am unable to find any solution to the problem. I have regular periods but sometimes delayed. My weight is 80 kg and height 5" 8 and sometimes experience sudden weight increase.
I have hair fall problem from last one year now I leave in kazakhstan here I don't know medicine name and I am not able to talk with doctors I need a solution for my hair fall please suggest me some medicine to stop my hair fall.
Lybrate | Dr Jaya Sharma speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY