Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jacksy RobertYour feedback matters!
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- Age: The risks increase over the years
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers: They ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.
I haven't beeb able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do, please suggest me.
My problem is hairfall my age is 20 nd my hair became thin. Advice me so that I can I stop hairfall early.
I am loosing my weight rapidly. I want to become fat very soon please give me the suggestion to increase my weight. And what are the reasons for loosing weight.
I am 38 years old and 20 days back I got braces on my teeth. Now from last 4-5 days I am noticing brown spots on my teeth and even my teeth look yellow then before. I have gum problem called periodontal and after orthodontics a flap surgery is suggested by the dentist.
I am a male. But I like to grow long hair. Prescribe any oil or medicine (best natural without side effects) for my hair's strength and softness. If it becomes soft I can grow a lot. Now my hair seems to like fiber and easily breaks often while grown longer.
I am getting obese and getting lethargic. In fact I do evening job. In order to do that I take redbull before starting the work. How can I reduce weight and be more energetic.
I'm 24 years old. I am having kidney stone since 2 months. So I want to know if there is any restrictions on my diet for this issue. Kindly suggest.
Yauvan pidika or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne. According to ayurveda, kapha, pitta & rakta and meda or fat dhathu are responsible for producing acne.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root. Herbs like Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and Kushta (Saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Chandana (Santalum album) are also effective in treating acne. The application of Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) and Khas-Khas (Vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.
The following are some of the ayurvedic remedies for treating acne:
- To reduce the growth of pimple, rub powder of jamun (Syzygium cumini) seed and apply it on the pimple.
- The peel of orange has medicinal properties that can be used effectively in the treatment of pimple. Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water; apply it on your face on a regular basis. It is an effective remedy that cures acne and improves the skin tone.
- To achieve an immediate result, apply a paste of lodhra (symplocos crateigodies), vach (acorus calamus) and dhania (coriander). Improvement will be noticed within 7 days.
- A paste of red chandan (red sandalwood) and jaiphal (nutmeg) are also effective in reducing the appearance of acne and pimples.
- Apply a paste of masoor dal (red lentils) with milk, ghee and camphor on your face. It reduces the appearance of acne and clears the scars which are left behind.
- Prepare a paste of lemon, kalaunji (seeds of fennel flower) and milk. Apply it on your face on a regular basis before going to bed. Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. This remedy ensures speedy disappearance of acne.
- Make a mixture of nimbu (lemon), extracts of tulsi (basil) and black kasundi (coffee pods), dry it in sun and apply the mixture on face. It is a powerful remedy that is known to cure the problem of acne.
Besides these home remedies, a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will also enable you to reduce the risk of recurrent acne.