Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jacksy RobertYour feedback matters!
I have borderline Thyroid issues . My TSH has been 5.15 to 6 since last 2-3 years but is maintained . I do not feel other symptoms except for excessive hairfall plus mood swings (anger/irritation) only close to the monthly cycle. No Weight Gain . But weight loss is slow. Should I take a medicine.
Hello doctor My mom age 50 .from past years she has become more chidchidi .got angry too much even in small jokes also n things .she always thinks she is right .not only mom even dad too .I know it's a affect of growing age .they r becoming like childish nature .old age is return of child only bt there is point of time or situation we can't control our anger so we speak loudly .just like my father after job lay down in sofa in watch TV .my mom gonahate it hartime TV Nd small fight noon understand each other .they will compare us with other at the age of you I do or people do lots of things but you r so weak always tired .ya I'm weak I can't do lots of work just like garage shutter is too heavy whenever I try to open it my hands pain so I avoid it plus I'm thin not so strong whatever it's depends on habit .a worker do lot of work bt don't feel that much tired but if we work half of it also one day we will fell exhausted .bt parents perspective can't b change .or if I will compare them with other then the silence prevails before the storm. Whatever it's a family drama .bt please suggest me what to do to improve their nature plus suggest me too how to deal as sometime I feel so depressed .I know it's a starting only later onn much difficulty r waiting .then also please suggest ty. My age 22 thin .wt 40 .very emotional person.
I am 21 year old boy my hair are fall very rapidly. I consult some doctor but my problem is not solve please help me dear sir.
Dear doctor, I have been having stomach cramps and loose stools since 2 days. I vomited twice yesterday after having food. What should I do?
I am suffering fever for 7days, is it viral fever? If I take a tablet decreasing ,after some time increasing.
I have hairfall problem from long time. I have already tried all shampoo but its not working. Any suggestions.
Hello, I have a very big problem of dark circles under my eyes over a year. Have tried many aloe vera gels and under eye creams. As I am into computers my work totally gives stress to my eyes. But there is no way out. And the dark circles are making my problems in my job life too. Please help.
Hi My mom's age is 55. She suffering from high blood pressor which is goes to 180/135. She take a medicine Amlokind AT. But no any positive response when her BP goes to 180/135 she said "legs and hand kaam karna band kar rahe hai aur chakkar aa raha hai" what I can do? please give me positive response thanks.
Sir I am 44 year old and suffering from knee pain and bones pain and my all joints create sound so what I do?
Is any medicine present in market that can take kidney stone patient and stone not made again and again?
I have tell the about stomach pain and this problem increasing day by day but not relief. Please give me solution of this problem.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of disc in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing: