Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. J.p BhattacharjeeYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old, but I feel so tired all the time. Also recently I am not able to sleep properly. I feel weak and my nose feels blocked all the time. What is wrong with me? Please help.
I am a female 40 years. I have a throat problem with cough t repeatedly . Low immunity. Please suggest treatment. Ayurveda?
How To Take Care Of Your Ears?
1) Avoid unnecessary and excessive use of earbuds.
2) Avoid staying too close to a loudspeaker for a longer duration
3) Do not insert sharp or pointed objects in ear for cleaning.
4) Use earplugs while swimming.
5) Listening to music on a headphone at a high volume for a long time can cause deafness.
6) Avoid using otc medication like drops or tablets for ear problems. Always consult a doctor.
7) If you experience sudden hearing loss, take your doctor's appointment as soon as possible.
I am 50 years of age and diagnosed having vertigo, as I at times loose balance and find everything shaking or spinning. What care should I take and how to cure this problem ?
I have phlemn in my throat and it's not coming out. There is neither cough nor sneezing. Cd you suggest a simple and permanent remedy to resolve the problem? Arun Sharma, Ex-journalist, TOI.
Lately I'm having trouble getting a good sleep because of Heavy Snoring n Drooling. Please prescribe any medicine which can help me cure it.
I am suffering from ENT problems just like throat pain, cold, cough so what medicine you suggest for me.
Is there any affect on luns with throat infection and I suffered from cold also with throat infection.
I am, aged 44 yrs, feeling dizziness (vertigo problem, including a light pain in shoulders And light stiffness on neck. Pls suggest homeopathic treatment.
She's my sister he has hearing problem she had her ear operation of both last year due to hole in ear drum she is been taking taking medicines for too long but yet she is not able to hear clearly. Please help with some effective cure.
I am 27 years old male and I have an increased bone inside my nose. Can you please tell me what does it mean. Doctor told me for operation but I don't want to operate.
I often get ill. I have a pharyngitis problem. I feel pain in throat, sore throat, throat pain, cold cough, weakness, lack of vitamins and minerals, pimple and acne problem, headache, stress,
I am a teacher, after 2 -3 days of teaching mera gala bath jata hai. L teach music and hindi language. After some time I am unable to sing any song. So pls help me and tell me the precautions and medicine. Thanks.
Sir, I had my CT scan done of the PNS coronal. The report showed the following problems: Nasal Septum: Deviated to right Osteomeatal complex: Pneumatization of vertical lamella of both middle turbinates Sinuses: Patchy mucosal hypertrophy in ethmoid sinuses Sir, I was facing problem of cough and has consulted a ENT doctor who recommended CT scan. I shall be unable to meet him for few days from now and I am really scared from what this report of mine has to say. I am unable to understand any term of it. You are kindly requested to tell me what does it mean and is it some serious problem.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.