Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. J N MurthyYour feedback matters!
Regarding, skin allergy From the past 1 month I have been suffering from allergy, on my right knee, someone said it is psoriasis, Please help me out.
I'm getting pimple again and again only on forehead I'm using Himalaya pimple cream but pimples are coming again and again, I don't know why there are coming and only on forehead please tell me what treatment to go for and reason why this happen .What to use for this.
I have pimples in my face . My skin is oily. I use facewash (Ahaglow from torentz). How can I clear the pimples and the dot's of pimples . And also I have a dark spot under the eyes. How can I remove that. ? Pls give me a suggestion and medicines.
My hair is falling from last 2 months. I have tried many shampoo but not recover it. What should I do?
I am 26 years old and I have got the back pain from a long time now for 2 years now. How to cure it?
Hi, my daughter having 8 year old, white spots on her skin from 2 years. They are start from her legs, showing on her chest, hands in small size. Which type of treatment is better for her and can she get normal?
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Hello Doctors, I have 3 problems right now: 1. Lower back pain: I had a lower back spasm few months back and it was reduced (as told by therapist) but still the pain did not reduce 100 %. I feel pain in my lower back and buttock when I sit for long. I feel muscle tightness on my buttock muscle. When I sit, I feel I am sitting on something on my right buttock. 2. Knee Pain: I had an ligament problem 4 years back and again few months back I did jumping squats and that pain returned. I have mild pain when I stand for long time or walk for long. Sometimes I feel the muscles or ligament at knee are vibrating (One of the doctor said it is due to improper nutrition). Sometimes I feel right leg is taller than left. 3. Ankle & Feet pain: In November I had an ankle sprain and then doctor said to take rest but due to floods in Chennai I could not take proper rest. So I had the ankle pain for many days. Now the ankle pain reduced mostly but I have pain in feet when I stand or walk for more than 10 mins. I had been to physio therapy and doing stretches cum workout as prescribed by doctor. I have consulted 3 doctors and got X-Rays but everything is fine. All these ailments are on the right side. After using allopathic and exercises the pain and discomfort did not cure completely. Now 2 days back I have started homeopathy and continuing exercises. I will be grateful if any doctor could help help what I can do next. Thanks a lot in advance for your time.
Hi, I have allergic rhinitis and I took treatment and avoidin dust almost. But now I still have pigmentation around my mouth. Kindly suggest some permanent treatment.
Some people are lucky enough to get a dark spot in the exact place as Cindy Crawford's mole. For the not so lucky others, the only way out is to get rid of them. Zap it, buzz it and eliminate it permanently. One way to do it is with lasers. Laser is a focused beam of light that has just one colour. When directed towards a problem area on the skin, it destroys that particular pigment or tissue without affecting the surrounding areas. Laser is being used to treat brown spots, scars, unwanted hair follicles, and for tattoo removal. Lasers are also used to treat and remove brown and red spots, liver spots, age spots, sun spots, broken capillaries, birthmarks and angiomas.
Most women continue to lead a normal life with dark spots until they start feeling conscious about it. If dark spots are leading you to run from the sun and undervalue your looks, get them treated easily with laser.
- How to choose your practitioner?: When you visit a doctor for treatment, the only way to know if the doctor is right for you is by asking a lot of questions. Ask them about their training and their experience in treating particular types of spots. Another wise thing to check is the number of lasers the clinic has. Some small set ups have just one type of laser, which they recommend to all their patients. It is not just a question of experience and skill but also trust, which will ultimately help you choose the right doctor for your treatment. Also, you may be tempted to try a particular laser treatment since it worked wonders for your friend. Refrain from doing so.
- Types of laser treatment: Your type of treatment will typically be chosen depending on the severity of your dark spots - how dark they are, at what depth in the dermis do they occur, what amount of area they cover, and how old they are. The dermis is six layers deep, so the depth where the spots start can determine what laser your face will need in order to get rid of them. If your spot is fairly new and is only on the top layer, the doctor will start with the first level. Because laser can reach deep down in the dermis, it works where other treatments don't. The treatment does involve a degree of pain and sore skin, but it can yield good results if done right.
- Cost of laser treatment: Laser treatment will cost less than all the money you spend on over-the-counter skin lightening creams over years. It will also cost lesser than the amount of money you spend in buying high quality concealers over time. The cost will typically depend on the type of set up (spa or clinic) and the expertise of the practitioner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.