Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. J ManjunathYour feedback matters!
My mom tounge is turning black she has diabeties and now is 50 years old. She says and thinks that it is because of having her blood pressure tablets. Thank you!
I am a 22 Yr old boy. I had been suffering from sinus infection for more than 10 years. In dust, pollen season and winter, water like fluid continue to secretes from nose. I have tried in both homeopathy and allopathy but in vain. What should I do now? If operation is any solution to this problem.
I had sudden hearing loss in left ear one month ago, I have been taking Medrol 16 mg (3 times a day) for 25 days, along with Verbet 16 mg (3 times, Nerverich, Anti-O, Cetirizine 10 mg (OD) tablets. I had severe Skin Rash (non - itching) on whole body after taking tablet for 20 days. My consultant Dr. stopped Verbet ,Anti-O and reduced the Medrol 16 mg intake to Medrol 8 mg OD. I took Medrol 8 mg for three more days along with with Nerverich and Cetirizine tablets. But as my skin rash continued to grow, I stopped taking these tablets too. And now I find that my rashes are lessening but now they itch. 1. Will stop of Medrol cause any effect? Will its stoppage rebounce the hearing loss 2. Can I take Verbet 16 mg alone as my ear hasn't fully recovered (hearing ability recovered by 60-65%) and I still have Ringing sound problem, it rings 24 hours? Can hearing loss and Tinnitus be fully cured? 3- Treatment of skin rash, will it go away naturally in some days? please help me. Thanks.
I am 35 years old and suffering with sinus and allergy problems like sneezing all the time I had operation 2 years back and I feel that my through is filled with water like I have given up smoking 1 year back.
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?
I am shifted from one state to another after marriage and every I get throat infection. What is the cause and treatment?
Suffering from tinnitus in left ear no hearing loss is ginkgo biloba good to cure tinnitus any side effects of using it?
My throat is severely paining since 1 week, I have used many medicines thus there is no result. What should I do.
I am 49 years old Male, having a serious issue with my left ear of blockage and a sharp continue whistling sound. I had consulted doctors and did few hearing tests, they say I have to go for internal ear surgery and bone to be fixed. This could lead 100% hearing loss as a nerve may get damage during operation. Also they shared that operation success rate is not near to 100%. I have lost my confidence due to sleepless nights that is effecting my work as well. For me it looks like Tinnitus disease as symptoms matches over Internet. Please suggest if I can get rid from a sharp continue whistling sound. Thanks.
Why do we get our ears closed and weird feel in when we are travelling in a vehicle in cold temperatures.
I am having cold in every morning after get up from bed. associated with severe rhinorrhea and nasal irritation. I am exhausted with taking levocetirizine. Give me some advice.
I having itching inside my throat from last two days. Today I have gargled with salt water. Still I am feeling some itching. Could you please suggest what I need to do get relief. Using home therapy.
When I hear loud sound I experience a huge pain in my left side ear the pain remains for nearly two hours how can get rid of this pain please help me.
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?