Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J M PoornimaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am a patient of left ventricular hypertrophy what precaution I take and what exercise I do regularly and what r my do nots pls say my age is 51 years having slight hypertension no blood sugar
My mothers right leg's left ankle swelled up & reddish and pain is going down to upward. Muscles below the knee are tight?
I am 22 years old I have pimples mark and it's very dark black marks and some white light patches all by pimples.how can this be cleared?
What is the cure for premature ejaculation while having sex? Bcoz after 1 down or shot, penis do not react to stand properly, this reduces the confidence, what to do?
I'm 23 years girl, sometimes in a day, I feel too much burning in vagina area and urine too, it's too irritating, what to do for this, please help, its really so painful?
I am very lean from my childhood and I want to become fit and healthy is there any way to become fit and healthy and to gain weight.
I am 30 years old I have a leg pain and I applied ointment and went near doctor but also the pain is there what is the problem.
Hello Mam, I am little fat because of my thyroid problem my weight is 63 kg right now. Kindly suggest me what I should have to look good and slim.
I am feeling less energetic these days. Easily Get tired in walking or running. All time I feel sleepy. I also feeling fever with cough and loose motion and also sneezing. There is some pain in my legs and hands.
Hi I am having trouble with gaining weights since I was 16. So I started gym in 16 and do it about 4years not regular. But my weight never go above 57. I tried alot eat alot. I take whey protien supplement two times. 1st is locally made up not original but works well without any side effect. And the second one is origin number one brand ON I get it fron new your. Works great. But not gain any thing else. I got stomach infection 2times in 2years because of eating too heavy things in one time. Sick for a weak. I quit the gym in 2016 january. Because of negativity not gaining weight. I feel to dizziness laziness not energized every time every day. Pls help me.
Hi I am 22 and male, While sleeping if I got any sex dreams sperms are coming out and it's can't controllable. Why it's happening like that and whether it will affect our body condition and future sexual reproduction. It is happening for me for last one year. What should I do?
My legs is paining always. I had consult with doctor is given medicine but still my legs is paining. so what is the reason behind my legs pain.
Like nightfall occurred in man as like this is being in girl and it is true girl are fill of more sex than man.Please tell.
List of 10 foods high in uric acid to avoid
1. Red meat: Red meat is one of the certain foods that deliver more uric acid than other foods in your diet. However, poultry and white meats, like pork are also high in the uric acid, so it is best to keep your intake of meats and wild meat to an overall minimum. If you’ve high uric acid levels or gout, you should avoid these meats or at least limit to 4 – 6 ounces per day. Instead, you can maintain a steady mix of fruits and vegetables to go with your meals and snacks.
2. Organ meats: Like white and red meat, organ meats also deliver a high amount of the uric acid. Though you can enjoy having onions or livers for dinner, it is best to cut down on this meal as well as other foods which include organ meats such as sweetbreads, tongue, tripe, and pate.
3. Seafood and fish: If you are a seafood lover, you will be really disappointed to know that seafood and fish are off limits during gout flare-ups because they are other main sources of the uric acid (purines) in your diet. Besides, herring, anchovies, tuna, sardines and other oily fishes should also cut back on your dinner table because they not only aggravate gout symptoms but also trigger one. However, when your gout can be under control, it’s ok to indulge in scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab salmon, or eel. You need to be sure that you do not eat more than 4 to 6 ounces per day of whatever kind of seafood and fish you choose to eat.
4. Beer and alcohol: In fact, beer is twice as bad for people with gout than seafood and meats. That is because it will raise the production of the uric acid levels in the body and make the body more difficult to remove the excess uric acid. Although alcohol does not have much harm compared with beer, it can still raise uric acid levels. Hence, most doctors always recommend avoiding all beer and alcohol if you suffer from gout.
5. Drinks high in sugar: You should not reach for both soda and fruit juice with fruit sugar. These drinks deliver high fructose corn syrup that will stimulate the production of uric acid. According to studies, women and men who consume a lot of fructose and take many drinks with fructose corn syrup will get a higher risk of having gout. Instead of sugary beverages, you can stick with water, coffee, tea or pure, fresh-squeezed juice.
6. Asparagus and spinach: In fact, animal products aren't the only foods which are high in uric acid.
Certain vegetables such as asparagus and spinach can also trigger a gout flare-up. However, they do not seem to cause much harm compared with animal-based foods. Uric acid from vegetables is also excreted from your body more easily than uric acid that comes from seafood and meats.
7. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a bland vegetable and is rich in the uric acid. However, vegetables can help your body get rid of the uric acid and purines, so you need not cut them out of the diet completely. Besides, they also have nutrients that can reduce insulin resistance that plays an important role in controlling the gout flare-ups.
8. Beans, peas, and other legumes: Beans, peas, and other legumes also have good sources of uric acid, which can make them become poor food sources for people who have gout. According to world’s healthiest foods, peas have a moderately high amount of uric acid, which is 5 – 100 milligrams of uric acid per 3.5-ounce serving. However, when peas, spinach, and asparagus are eaten in raw form, they will cause less damage than in cooked form, as long as you consume a small portion.
9. Mushrooms: If you’re thinking of eating mushrooms as a replacement source for meat, you should think of something else. Actually, like legumes, mushrooms are considered to contain a moderately high amount of uric acid.
10. Oats: Though there has been some discussion about the exact amount of uric acid that oats contain, oatmeal and other foods which contain oats deliver a moderate amount of the uric acid. Most doctors recommend that those who suffer from gout should limit their consumption of oatmeal as well as other oat-based foods.
Although this list can seem discouraging if you suffer from gout, many of these above foods can still be consumed, provided, as long as you only take the small portions and only have them when you aren't having a gout flare-up. Besides, other foods such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits, foods rich in complex carbohydrates, and foods rich in dairy can really prevent gout flare-ups and therefore, are recommended for those who have gout.
If you want to know more about super foods or other vitamins and minerals go to our main super foods page. After reading the article of top ten foods high in uric acid, hope that it can help you identify uric acid-rich foods to avoid eating them for your good health. If you have any question, or you know other foods high in uric acid, please leave them below.