Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J. Lakshmikanth
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. J. LakshmikanthYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old male. Suffering from right knee pain since laet 9 months. What should I do? I have consult with doctors at hindu rao hospital. Took mesicine but no relief yet. Mri shows that' impression Mr. Imaging revels----- 1. Focal cartilage thining with underlying subchondral edema at medial facet patella- likely chondromalacia patella grade-4.2. Minimal knee joint effusion. So please suggest me. Thanks.
Hi is it advisable to take paracetamol tablet twice a day for a month. Why the Libotyrp tablet will be used. During night sleeping my knee area paining unable to sleep, my doctor given above medicines. Just want to know details about this. Please let know.
I am taking tapal 50 mg. Daily I take 6 to 8 tab. I am taking from last 5 yrs. The ortho Dr. Given to me because I was affected back pain in lower side. Now I become addicted. If I not take it I get loose motion. Decrease energy. Bad cold occurred due to it neck also badly effected. So pl suggest me alternative who can I get rid of this ?
I am IT working guy I have to sit for 9 hrs on chair and I have to travel in cab 2 hrs in morning and 3 hrs in evening to reach to office. Now from last couple of days I am feeling back pain. What precautions should I take to avoid back pain and to cure back pain.
My mom is suffering from leg pain in scan report it has come that fluid in knee had reduced which help in lubrication so one doctor told now we cannot bring back that fluid on the knee only option we can reduce the knee pain now she is living with knee pain so is it I need to consult pain management specialist will it be worthwhile for my mom one thing she is teacher so he profession demands standing she is 50 years age gall bladder removed currently she will be going to operated of hernia in future please give me to the point suggestion what should I do.
I'm suffering from back pain & leg pain its from 3-4 years I'm doing x-ray but every time its show nothing. & I didn't get permanent solution.
A backache in pregnancy. Is normally seen. To remain a backache free use a flat shoe, maintain right posture, avoid heavy weight, use warm water for bath. Keep changing your posture. Learn exercise, take vit d calcium rich food.
I would like to know the procedure of back spine l5 disc operation. My question is . Any need of stripping full clothes and lay nude at operation time. How they prepared me for the process. Im really confused and little bit frightened. Pls give me the details.
I work out regularly. One day I woke up with a wrist pain cannot recollect what wrong I do. I can still lift up heavy weights but I can't put pressure on it like when I do push ups, its very painful. When I press my hand on the bed or wall the pain is there. I can bend my wrist inwards but if I hold my fingers n pull behind it pains . I don't know what should I do.
I have taken treatment for Chicken Gunia 3 months ago. After 1 month of treatment most of my leg, hand and joint pains got relief. From last 10 days pains started again, when I asked few of the specialists they said pains will be their of next 3 months. Kindly suggest me on the same.
Strange pain/cramping feeling below right lower part of rib cage its been 3 month and I have changed 3 docs since then no improvement cramping feeling/pain is light but it is continues. I have had 2 ultrasound and those both have normal report. I have had many medicines also which I found was of infection like norflox, meftal, then vsl etc.
What are the Different Kinds of Arthritis and How to Treat Them?
Arthritis is a very common medical condition that affects a lot of adults as they age. It occurs due to inflammation of the joints, which can be caused by a number of factors such as aging, injury or infection.
There are over a hundred different kinds of arthritis that cause various sorts of problems to those affected. However this condition can be broadly classified into two major types, which include the following:
1.Osteoarthritis - Also known as degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis is the most common kind of chronic condition to affect the joints. This occurs when the cartilage that surrounds the joint wears away and allows the ends of bones to rub against each other causing immense pain and is often accompanied by inflammation and swelling. The primary cause of osteoarthritis is aging and occurs mainly due to pressure on the joints from lifting heavy weights.
2.Rheumatoid Arthritis - This is the most common type of arthritis that occurs due to joint inflammation. It is an autoimmune condition, which means that it is caused by a dysfunction of the immune system that leads to inflammation of the joints. Chronic inflammation causes joint deformities and even the development of rheumatoid nodules on the skin around the joint. Two-thirds of patients affected by rheumatoid arthritis are women.
Depending on the nature of the condition and the age and medical history of the patient, diagnosis, and treatment of arthritis varies. Although there is no permanent cure for arthritis, especially the type caused by aging, a number of remedies exist that provide relief from pain.
Some of the common methods of treatment for arthritis are:
- Medication - Some medicines provide relief from the pain of arthritis if it is not too severe. These include painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills, sprays, and ointments, etc. In case of high-intensity pain, codeine is often prescribed.
- Stem Cell Therapy - This method involves drawing platelets from the patient's own blood and injecting it into the inflamed parts of the joint in order to repair damaged muscles and alleviate pain.
- Injections - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and lubricants can be injected into the affected joints to decrease pain. Ozone gas injections are an example of this.
- Surgery - In extreme cases, surgical procedures are resorted to for treating arthritis. However, successful surgery cannot always be guaranteed and it comes with its own set of risks.
Sir I am suffering from severe pain for the past 4 months in the right mid-thoracic area and in right calf area and right shin above the ankle and pain above to the right wrist.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.