Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old. I frequently get periods of dry cough usually it lasts a week. It generally gets cured by anti allergic medicines like levocet or histafree m along with cough syrup ambrdil s. However I feel very uncomfortable as these attacks are very frequent. Can you recommend specific tests if any? or medicines to boost my immunity levels.
I am on fasting as this is month of Ramadan. I didn't drink a single drop of water by 3: 30 AM to 7: 00 pm (means for a period of over 16 hours ). When I urinate at evening ,many a time I find there is white and a bit thick material comes at the end of urination and also it cause uncomfortable (burning) for short period of time. I want to know why this is happening to me?& also how it can be treated?
Sir mere shadi ho gae hai pheli raat main jab main sex k liye ready hua to mera penis sex position main aaya hi nai. Maine koshish ki par na kamayab raha. Ek baar jab woh position main aaya to sex karne k phele hi discharge ho gaya fir uske 1 hr. Wait karne par bi penis sex k liye nai ready hua. Solution batae.
I am 19 years old and I am suffering from cold and cough and also fever at night so what should I do?
I basically snore when m really tired or exhausted after hectic schedule at work. I snore and realize that m doing and wake up post that. What's the reason of same ?
I feel like I am facing erectile dysfunction Can you suggest which doc should I consult and keep it discreet.
What are the symptoms of swine flu (H1N1)? How can we prevent it and what are the different treatments available?
I masturbate a lot. And I want to stop it. What should I do for decreasing its no. It's around once daily.
Too much masturbation leads to what kind of side effects in body? Like lose weight and back pain is side effect of that? How we can reduce this?
I do masterbate everyday and i'm doing this for past 10 yrs. Is it will affect my penis health in terms of size and erection? i'm worried, i'm not able to stop. Please advice me.?
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.