Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J Avinash
Submit a review for Dr. J AvinashYour feedback matters!
Feeling itching at anus and nearby areas of anus since last 4 months. Consulted 3 doctors in between. Last doctor said it is anal cramp & gave a medicine tube to apply on it. Problem arises on every 10-15 days. When anal cramp happens after hard stool, it is painful to pass stool. After applying tube for 2 days, pain heals but 2 or 3 times I feel urge of itching there. What to do?
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from stomach problem. Sir mujhe bahut dino se pet main dard rehta hai. Endoscopy krwane pr pta chala Ki mujhe gastritis Ki problem h. Sir please iske liye koi treatment suggest kare. Thanks sir/mam.
Dear doctor, my anus (ass leak) leak after stool please help through food please help me save my life.
He is suffering from piles and experiences pain while evacuation of stool. Hard stool is causing so much pain. Please suggest some tips to get rid of the pain.
Iam feeling with a light gastric problem sir. Can I have. A suggestions please. If I eat masala means then it'll be very disgastic way to me. Please give me some solution sir.
I have gastric problem for over 2 year what should I do. I am taking medicine regularly medicine work for some hour only.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination