Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. J AvinashYour feedback matters!
I'm 45 years male with severe gastric problem. Initially I couldn't digest coconut and Paneer (few other dairy products) but in the last couple of months what ever I eat, my stomach bloats, back becomes stiff and lot of gas accumulates in the lower back of my body. It becomes very uneasy. Other Inputs would be I maintain timely diet, walk for 5 kms every day, other good habits are, smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day and weekly once I take 3 to 4 large of Whisky.
My wife is facing back pain problem from 1 year, her body temperature is high during night hours also having indigestion problem. Nodes forming and dissolving in both breast after menstrual cycle every month, mammography has been done doctor said it is normal.
Ayurvedic treatment for Hyperacidity
Acidity gives you tremendous discomfort. The stomach condition wherein acid levels of the gastric juices are much more than normal is known as hyperacidity. It causes uneasiness alongside symptoms like loss of appetite, heartburn, unexpected stomach pain, etc. According to Ayurveda, the main cause of this condition is the worsening of the Pitta Dosha (the fire element) in your body.
The reasons that worsen this dosha are:
- Having foods that don't match your constitution or which aren't supposed to be had like milk and salt or milk and fish
- Extremely spicy and sour beverages and foods
- White flour products
- Products made from white sugar
- Excessive intake of coffee and tea
- Having food even though you may be suffering from indigestion
- Controlling the urge to urinate or pass stool
- Prolonged exposure to heat and the sun
What happens to your digestive power?
The exacerbated Pitta worsens your digestive fire, causing your food to be not properly digested as well as influence the production of ama (toxins). When ama builds up in your various digestive channels, it brings about the problem of hyperacidity. The treatment focuses on calming down the irritated Pitta Dosha. For this, certain herbs are used to get rid of the toxins that block these channels. This automatically improves your digestive fire, bringing about better digestion.
What changes you're required to make?
To keep this problem at bay, there are certain lifestyle changes that you may have to make such as
- To curb the consumption of acidic foods like garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar, and tomatoes
- Avoid having curd/yogurt at night
- Practice yoga and Pranayam like Bhujangasana, Vajrasana, Shitkari Pranayam and so on
- Avoid fermented as well as processed foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcoholic or carbonated beverages
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 4 Superfoods to Get Rid of Acidity + 4 Home Remedies
I have acne on my hands, And it has spread all over the upper arms, and I consulted a doctor, she has given sebonac cream which has salicylic acid and tretin. BOTH one after the after day I have to apply. What can I do for goof results? Those are not itching acne. Think they are dead.
I'm suffering from neck pain and back Head ache and negative thoughts I'm going crazy and has panic and anxiety disorder and acid reflux how to get rid of this I can t bear help me.
I m 32 years old. I m having severe acidity problems. Vomiting an stomach pains at times. I have taken many measures like vild milk an antacids to.
Whenever I get my acidity increase then I get head ache vomiting neck pain and back. What will I have to do?
From last few months my digestion is not gud. I felt like to burpp again nd again. Like a gas problem. Only a normal diet make mah tummy heavy nd sometime can't sleep properly . Wht to do is this because of my schedule . Or what.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.