Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Ipek JacobYour feedback matters!
Sometimes she has a severe burning sensation in her urethra. What is the cause? and what should be done? please reply asap. Thank you.
I am 25 years old. I am suffering malaria & typhoid on 18 th july but fever (101), headache, leg pain, eye back pain, stomach pain, liver pain is present today. I take vaccine & medicine. Can I know malaria & dengue be at a time. Please give me solution.
I have a weird stomach ache, and whenever I eat something a lot of pain starts, it has been happening just from a couple of days.
मेरी माता जी की उम्र 60 साल है। उन्हें पिछले 1 साल से उलटी दस्त की दिक्कत है। उन्हें महीने में कम से कम एक बार तो उलटी दस्त जरूर होते हैं।साथ में मुहं में छाले भी होते हैं। कई टेस्ट करवा चु का हूँ सब ठीक ठाक आता है।please guide me.
Hi I am 18 year old and my hair density become low than before. I think it's due to masturbation. What can I do to regain my density and now I quited masturbation also.
Hello sir, I am a 21 years male. I am suffering from sneezing for last 5 days. What should I do? Please tell me.
One my frd donate a bold two month back, after 45 day, he received letter from that hospital, in that letter they mention he has a Hepatitis B virus infection, and we want know what is that for, and how to recover that problem.
Sir Whenever I start study more than 4-5 hours I feel headache. Please tell me any solution to get relief to this problem as soon as possible.
I am feeling cough in throat for last 4.5 days and had taken some anti-biotics like azithromycin but still remained uneffected.
‘Head lice’ are insects that feed on the blood of your scalp. This condition usually affects children and is moderately contagious. Contrary to popular belief, head lice does not occur due to poor personal hygiene.
The symptoms of head lice are:
1. Presence of lice on scalp: Lice are small insects that are usually hard to spot. But their infestation can be felt because you experience intense itching on the scalp.
2. Itching: There will be intense itching on the scalp and the neck. This itching occurs due to the saliva secretion by the lice that the skin is allergic to. Usually, the itching starts after 3 to 6 weeks of infestation.
3. Lice eggs: The lice eggs stick to the shafts of the hair. They are very hard to spot as they are small and well camouflaged.
What can be the reasons behind their infestation
This condition is contagious; apart from direct contact with the scalp of an infected person, this condition can also spread if you happen to share the below mentioned items with an infected person:
6. Accessories for the hair
The treatments for hair lice are:
1. Over- the counter (OTC) products: OTC products are made from ‘pyrethrin’, a compound extracted from the ‘chrysanthemum’ flower. ‘Pyrethrin’ works as an insecticidal compound and it is advised to use these medications only after washing your hair with a shampoo. Vinegar may also be used to loosen the nits from the hair shafts.
2. Prescription medications: Certain medications can also be prescribed by the doctor, such as benzyl alcohol and lindane.
Certain home remedies for head lice include:
1. Essential oils: Apply oils such as Anise oil or tea tree on the scalp; these oils act as toxins for the lice.
2. Wet combing: This is a method wherein the wet hair is combed using a fine toothed comb to remove the nits and the lice. Repeat the procedure for 3-4 days every week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hi I am male 22 years I have lots of pimples in my face "I notice that when I do masturbations I will get more pimples on my face " I am trying to avoid masturbations but I can't control "I want some tips to avoid pimples naturally (what kind of foods).
I have so much pain on my head all the time, what kind of check up I have to look for? I am 23 yr old. Pls suggest.
I am a 19 year old Male. Have been masturbating since 11 years. Stopped for period of 11 months in between by controlling myself during which I grew in height and maturity. Then started again due to loss of self control. Now I am thin weak penis looking like thin weak dark and atrophied. I am willing to stop the habit completely. Please suggest medicine to over come these problems please!
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV is a virus which causes HIV infection and leads to "acquired immunodeficiency syndrome" or AIDS. HIV is transmitted by different means and ways.
Unprotected sex is a primary mode of transmission of the HIV virus from an infected person to a healthy person. Unprotected sex refers to having sexual intercourse without using a condom or any other mode of protection. It leads to HIV transmission along with other sexually transmitted infections.
How does HIV occur from unprotected sex?
While having sex without protection, the HIV present in the body fluids such as blood, sperm, vaginal fluid, pre-cum or anal mucus of an HIV infected patient can pass on to the body of his/her partner. The transmission occurs through the membranes of the penis in men, vagina in women, the rectum and also through mouth and throat. It is more likely for an HIV patient to pass on the virus during the first few months after getting infected. This is because the virus spreads over body fluids during this stage.
Which types of sex are more risky?
HIV is transmitted the most by having vaginal or anal sex. Anal sex accounts for being the riskiest because the lining present in the anus is much more delicate than the vaginal lining. It is prone to more damage, easily. There are two types of anal sex: receptive anal sex and insertive anal sex. Receptive anal sex is more risky.
HIV can also be acquired from oral sex. This can happen in case the person giving oral sex has ulcers in the mouth, sore and bleeding gums. In case the person receiving the oral sex is already infected, the other person gets HIV.
A person who has sex with multiple partners regularly is at a high risk of getting HIV because of unprotected sex. You can also take the package for Having Safe Sex.
Getting HIV from unprotected sex can be avoided if you use these precautions:
- Condoms: Condoms offer the precaution against HIV infection from anal or vaginal sex. They should be used by men before any kind of sexual contact to restrict the passing of semen or fluid, which may be infected by HIV.
- Lubricants: Sex is made easier by using lubricants and reduces the risk of tearing in the vagina or anus due to friction. The risk of a condom breaking is reduced using lubricants.
- Dental Dams: This is another precautionary device, which is a small sheet of plastic. It has to be placed to cover the mouth of the vagina or anus and reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
Unprotected sex is the primary cause of HIV and people who do not take precautions before sex are likely to be infected by HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.