Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ipek Jacob
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ipek JacobYour feedback matters!
I have GERD problem and taking tablet whenever I have issue. Suddenly I have continue breathing problem, I have been asked to check heart specialist by Gastro doctor. Checked heart specialist. He did breathing test and informed it's anxiety and not an asthma. I am always thinking about my breathing and still have breathing problem. Now I am taking ODIMONT -FX and ALPROCONTIN 0.5. Sometimes I have cough problem. Not regularly. My question it's curable or I need to take tablets always.
I have a fungal problem from last 3 months and had used too much anti fungal cream, medicines, precautions but no improvement. Sometimes it seems problem reached to my blood help me please?
I am having severe cough and fever upto 101 for more than 6 days.my all the test conducted for malaria,thypoid, liver,kidney etc are negative. COUGH IS SEVERE DURING NIGHT
I am 36 years married man. I have a daughter 3 years old. Me and my wife both do not want 2nd child now. Doc has suggested doc copper t but my wife is not ready for it. I use condoms at times but the satisfaction level is less in terms of sex. Now she is taking pills from last two-year but now she is fade up with taking pills every day. I hv seen add for some DMPA injections. How useful it is to avoid pregnancy. Any side effects. Pls suggest.
I am a married lady. After marriage I had sex with my husband but he is not able to insert his full portion of penis into my vagina. What shall I do now? please inform me the reason and solution.
Sir last time I had asked about eye flashes with shaky vision. My all eye test were normal and also mri was normal. I want to ask you weather cough can cause vision problems in mind? Because I have cough problem from childhood. Perhaps cough gathered in mind and causing vision problems.
Yesterday, I had lunch at hotel and then it started with loose motion in afternoon, and then in the evening I got fever with body ache and shivering. I took paracetamol 500 mg with ibrufen 125 mg 3 doses since yesterday to now. But still I have fever and heavy head and irregular stomach ache. Kindly advice appropriate medicine.
Peptic ulcer indicates the growth of painful ulcers or sores in the lining of your stomach, digestive tract or small intestine. Ulcers, though curable, can result in serious health problems if are not treated at an early stage. Peptic ulcers occur as a result of the reaction of pepsin and stomach acid. There are many causes responsible for the growth of peptic ulcers; they are mentioned below:
- Smoking regularly
- Consuming alcohol
- Taking medicines like aspirin, painkillers frequently
- Production of excess acid
- Radiation Therapy
The most common symptoms of peptic ulcer are as follows:
- A burning sensation in the stomach
- Vomiting or nausea
- Pain in the abdomen region
- A burning sensation in your heart
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Passage of blood through stool
Homeopathy offers effective remedies for peptic ulcer. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Crotalus horridus: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating peptic ulcer. If you show symptoms of frequent vomiting and passage of blood with vomit, then your doctor may recommend you this medicine.
- Graphites: If you experience a burning sensation in your stomach, your doctor may advice you this medicine.
- Uranium Nitricum: It is usually recommended for ulcers in the small intestine region and gastric ulcer.
- Calc ars: This medicine may be recommended to you by doctors if you show symptoms like pain in your stomach.
- Argentum nit: Your doctor may recommend you this medicine if you show symptoms of vomiting or indigestion.
Along with the aforesaid remedies, a change in lifestyle is also required to cure peptic ulcer completely. Self-medication is never recommended. Above given are just a few of the numerous homeopathic medicines that used to treat peptic ulcer. It is recommended to consult a specilized homeopath.
There is a commonly held view that eating disorders are a lifestyle choice. Eating disorders are actually serious and often fatal illnesses that cause severe disturbances to a person's eating behaviors. Obsessions with food, body weight, and shape may also signal an eating disorder.
Signs and Symptoms of Common Eating Disorders are discussed below:
People with anorexia nervosa may see themselves as overweight, even when they are dangerously underweight. People with anorexia nervosa typically weigh themselves repeatedly, severely restrict the amount of food they eat, and eat very small quantities of only certain foods. Anorexia nervosa has the highest mortality rate of any mental disorder.
- Extremely restricted eating
- Extreme thinness (emaciation)
- A relentless pursuit of thinness and unwillingness to maintain a normal or healthy weight
- Intense fear of gaining weight
- Distorted body image, a self-esteem that is heavily influenced by perceptions of body weight and shape, or a denial of the seriousness of low body weight
Other symptoms may develop over time, including:
- Thinning of the bones (osteopenia or osteoporosis)
- Mild anemia and muscle wasting and weakness
- Brittle hair and nails
- Dry and yellowish skin
- Growth of fine hair all over the body (lanugo)
- Severe constipation
- Low blood pressure, slowed breathing and pulse
- Damage to the structure and function of the heart
- Brain damage
- Multiorgan failure
- Drop in internal body temperature, causing a person to feel cold all the time
- Lethargy, sluggishness, or feeling tired all the time
People with bulimia nervosa have recurrent and frequent episodes of eating unusually large amounts of food and feeling a lack of control over these episodes. This binge-eating is followed by behavior that compensates for the overeating such as forced vomiting, excessive use of laxatives or diuretics, fasting, excessive exercise, or a combination of these behaviors. People with bulimia nervosa usually maintain what is considered a healthy or relatively normal weight.
- Chronically inflamed and sore throat
- Swollen salivary glands in the neck and jaw area
- Worn tooth enamel and increasingly sensitive and decaying teeth as a result of exposure to stomach acid
- Acid reflux disorder and other gastrointestinal problems
- Intestinal distress and irritation from laxative abuse
- Severe dehydration from purging of fluids
- Electrolyte imbalance (too low or too high levels of sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals) which can lead to stroke or heart attack
People with binge-eating disorder lose control over his or her eating. Unlike bulimia nervosa, periods of binge-eating are not followed by purging, excessive exercise, or fasting. As a result, people with binge-eating disorder often are overweight or obese. Binge-eating disorder is the most common eating disorder.
- Eating unusually large amounts of food in a specific amount of time
- Eating even when you're full or not hungry
- Eating fast during binge episodes
- Eating until you're uncomfortably full
- Eating alone or in secret to avoid embarrassment
- Feeling distressed, ashamed, or guilty about your eating
- Frequently dieting, possibly without weight loss
Unspecified Eating Disorder:
- This happens when the behavior do not meet the criteria for any food or eating problems but still pose significant threat and problems.
- This also happens the clinician is not able to assess whether an individual is affected by a certain disorder.
Treatment is available. Recovery is possible.
Eating disorders are serious health conditions that can be both physically and emotionally destructive. People with eating disorders need to seek professional help. Early diagnosis and intervention may enhance recovery. Eating disorders can become chronic, debilitating, and even life-threatening conditions.
When you begin to notice that disordered eating habits are affecting your life, your happiness, and your ability to concentrate, it is important that you talk to somebody about what you are going through.
The most effective and long-lasting treatment for an eating disorder is some form of psychotherapy or psychological counseling, coupled with careful attention to medical and nutritional needs. Ideally, this treatment should be tailored to the individual and will vary according to both the severities of the disorder and the patient's particular problems, needs, and strengths.