Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Intezar MehdiYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 23 years old (male. My father passed away 1 years back because of cancer at anus, rectum.radiation treatment taken but it not completely solved and cancer formed all over the body then dead. My question. Is cancer comes to me also from my older generations?(because my grandma had tongue cancer and dead 30 years back and my grandpa also some what cancer symptoms while dead. I am also getting some few symptoms like pain and discomfort at anus area. What should I do? I am really scared all about this. With in a short span of time 1 1/2 years my father dead. Still am in shock mode. Please guide me.
My sister diagnosed as a breast cancer patient. She under gone PET SCAN. Its result is- Elavated metabolic activity in multiple irregular enhancing lesions in the left breast, multifocal primary. Metabolically active thickening of the overlying skin and nipple areola complex,? involvement. Tiny soft tissue nodules in the subcutaneous tissues adjacent to the left breast, deposits. 2. Metabolically active enhancing soft tissue deposits on the left pectoral muscles, deposits. 3. Multiple metabolically active lymph nodes as described (left axillary, cervical, supraclavicular and mediastinal), metastases. 4. Metabolically active focal lesion in the segment VIII of liver as described, metastases. 5. No other site of elevated metabolic activity elsewhere in the body. Now what is her stage of CA? Whether she has to take chemo first or do the surgery first?
I have tumor on beside of knee since 6-7 years. It is benign tumors. Sometimes it had been grown, and painful. After some days it come back to normal size and painless. In later stage it can be malignant or not? It it dangerous to me? Please give me your opinion.
I am 39 years old and I want to know whether I can detect any growth of cancer at early stage. What are the procedures/tests available to detect any cancer in my body. Kindly advise.
I feel pain in left side of groin area often in mornings and while having a walk. I only get relieved after resting for sometime. I consulted a urology doctor, treatment did not work. My prostate is normal. I want to know whether it is a neurological, orthopedic, or related to urology. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
I am suffering from fibromatosis tumour from last 3 year and medicine tamoxofin is going on but it has very slow effect. So please suggest regarding this.
My father is 74 years old, diagnosed with Prostate cancer (life changed after biopsy) Hi, My father is 74 years old and was doing great and very healthy. With frequent urination issue, we went and found that prostate was enlarged and they suggested to biopsy though his PSA was not so high (7ng/ml). Post biopsy (which was anyways negative/benign for prostate cancer), everything got changed,
My mother has to have yet another operation After several operations for breast cancer. This Time they are going to remove her glands. Why Are glands removed after operations for cancer?
Sir I want to know the symptoms of mouth cancer and if someone smoke once in week then is it possible chance of cancer. Sandeep.
I am 19 And feeling little heaviness in my throat I think it is cough. But it's not out while coughing. When I cough it feel very dry and during breathing it feels like something is stuck I used various home remedies like Steam Ginger Salt water gargle But it Didn't work. I think the reason would be because of smoking or drinking I have just stopped the smoking. Otherwise I use to smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day. But I have stopped it because of this. From past few weeks I was taking drink like whisky. Whiskey was taken twice or sometime thrice a week.. My whole lungs are clean. The only thing is I am feeling roughness in my neck And its not getting clean since a 4 days. What should I do no. And also a basketball player. So I use to run 5 km a day And a Normal light weight training. I need a advice what should I do. And one thing more. Does 5 months of smoking leads to any type of cancer in my body?. Lungs cancer or voice box cancer. Please help me. thanks.
I am a cancer patient (breast, Stage II). I have completed all treatments for the last 2 1/2 years ago. Doctors operated by only partially (only affected area). The whole part are not remove. Cancer cells are again formed? Or not formed?
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer