Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Indumathi CYour feedback matters!
I am putting on weight since last one year, inspite of following the same diet as usual, I am 21 years old and I have irregular periods often.
- Drink lemon water every morning after you wake up. This will have an alkalizing effect on the body and keep the body hydrated and mineralized. Stay hydrated throughout the day,
- Must include vitamin D3 in your diet. Especially if you live is a colder climate where sunlight is reduced during the winter season.
- Increase consumption of leafy greens to ensure enough B vitamins, fiber and mineral supply in the body. You will get a lot of calcium, magnesium, iron, B vitamins and other minerals through leafy greens. Swiss chard, collard greens, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, spinach contains these minerals.
- Eat fatty fish, fish or flax oil every day to get relief from hormonal imbalances.
- My most favourite remedy to get relief from cramps is an Ayurvedic home remedy using cinnamon and ginger to make a tea. Just use quarter tsp. of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground ginger or a couple of thin slices of half an inch of fresh ginger to a cup of hot water. Wait and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and drink the tea.
- Vitex or chaste berry is a herb that eases menstrual cramps,
- Evening primrose oil or borage oil are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and are known to reduce breast pain and tenderness as well as PMS symptoms.
- Dietary intake of calcium and magnesium is crucial for balancing the hormones.
- Using heating pads or hot water bags around the area relaxes the stiff muscles and reduces pain by bringing oxygen in the area.
- One of the most important things to address is relaxation through 7-8 hours of sound sleep and stress reduction. Meditation and breathing exercises (pranayama) also assist in reducing stress.
- If you eat a lot of nuts, seeds and grains then increase aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises release endorphin hormones or 'feel good' hormones in the body. The presence of this hormone works like a natural pain killer.
- Apply natural progesterone cream or wild yam cream. Apply this cream on the stomach, lower abdominal area, buttocks, things, breasts and upper arm area. Best time to apply this cream is a week before the start of your period.
I missed my period my last period date is feb 19th i am trying to a baby. After my miss period i do many pregnancy tests but the result is negative at every day when am i check test. What is my problem i am suffer with nausea sometimes
I had a sex with my girlfriend 25 days before .After sex she has taken tablet bt still she has not got her periods. Kindly help wch tablet to give now.
I am 34 year old ,i have to ask a question related to my wife, she is 30 years old and has miscarriage problem since last one year, last year she has lost her pregnancy of 14 week Feb 20015, in this year she has lost her pregnancy of 12 week in this July, pl advice us to get out of this problem, do the needful for us.
What Is the reason of itching at labia majora and there is a very small rash at perineum and very little discharge from vagina?
I am 27 years female. Today is my 63 days since my last periods. I have took pregnancy test 2 times as per the proper prescription but the same came negative. What could be the reason.
My baby is 11 month year old. I had cesarean delivery. I got too much pain only on stomach and back. Kindly advise me what to do.
Dear Dr. I got married last year june 20. I need baby. We are trying for baby from starting onward. Still not at all. We are in tension please help me out. Which is the best time for inter course?
Hi doctor, I am wanting to pee every 3-4 minutes. I can feel burning and a lot of irritation on the vagina. What do I do? Why is this happening?
I am 31 yr old lady (, software professional) with 4.5 yrs old baby. Normal delivery. After delivery, by 7th month, frequent urinary infection started. Uti is a frequent story and had lot of noflox 400 for this. Every time had this for 5 days 3 times. Next month again like that. After delivery I have started feeling week in regular intervals in a day. Took lot of tonics alopathy and homoeopathy under doctors supervision. Homoeo medicines have me solution for 6 months. Then that will not work then tonic chnaged at last using fourrts' protein powder. Now that too not useful by 2015 march. No abnormality in any check up. 70/110 bp and 84 fasting sugar and 86 after food sugar. 2 weeks before hypotyroid diagonised 5.54. Started 25 mg (on 1-may-2015) for 45 days. 92 tabs for 15 days). In the morning by 8 I am having giddiness everyday. Then whatever is there in my hand will fall down and I have to lay down in bed asap otherwise I will fell down. After laying down for 15-30 mins I will be ok. The same will occur again in 30 mins. Then I will be ok till 3pm. Again same thing will happen. In office I used to keep my head on my desk during this time. In the night also I have same issue by 8.30. I am taking food on time. Taking 3 ltrs of water everyday. Taking b-protein twice daily. Mainly veg diet following. I have 3mm stone in left kidney.(identified on last oct) and during periods I am getting fainted these days. So b long and rimroz for 10 days before periods and during periods I cannot leave with out meftal 500. (1500 on first day 1000 on next 3 days. Normal flow. On feb found out cervical erosion is there and had antibiotic treatment and cauterization.(on march end). Dovctor told now everything is normal. I still have abdominal pain so pres cribed urikind, cranpac and citralka for that. Please help me to identify what will be my real issue.
Iam 27 yrs old and I recently got married. Iam completing 3weeks since I missed my period and I got the symptoms of pregnancy. What should be the first action I have to take and tell me the diet to follow.
I am planning for family. And want to conceive. I just want to know the exact days for making relation from my period date, so that I can accordingly plan for it. I am 30 year old.
Don't ignore the early signs of strain injury like weakness of the grip, numbness, and pain or discomfort in the arms, hands, wrists or shoulders.
Hi am 27 year old planning to conceive. Generally mine 32 days cycle last Feb 4th my periods starts and my next expected period time is 8th march but today 5th march morning my periods starts. Last 23rd we got sex intercourse. This is very first time am getting before periods. Why?
The term menopause refers to the dearth of menstrual periods for a stretch of 12 months. Although the average age for women to attend menopause is 51 years, the range varies from 45 years to 55 years. It is this span of 10 years that is defined as perimenopause meaning “around menopause”. During this time, a hormonal shift affects the process of ovulation and menstrual cycle.
Common menstrual cycle changes during perimenopause:
While a normal menstrual cycle has a particular flowing pattern of progesterone and estrogen, perimenopause doesn’t show any such pattern. Spotting and irregular bleeding are often faced by women as a result. Other changes include very long or very short periods. There could be months when periods might not occur at all. Some other changes include sleep disturbances, urinary changes, night sweats, changes in sexual desire etc.
Close to 25 percent of all women reports heavy bleeding during their perimenopause. Sometimes this condition is known as hypermenorrhea or flooding. The blood flow can be so heavy that even pads might not be able to contain it. Heavy bleeding might lead to anemia as well. At times there could be a feeling of faintness. If all these conditions prevail, it only indicates a loss in blood count. Some quick fix to excessive bleeding include intake of soup, thick juice etc. Intake of NSAID thrice a day also decreases the blood flow by a good 30-40 percent.
Prolonged bleeding is a bad sign and should not be ignored at any point. It is wise to visit a doctor or a healthcare professional to know more about the cause of bleeding. Doctors often suggest tests to understand the blood count and level of iron present in the body. Iron pills have been known to replace blood cells and fight anemia.
Other ways of treating heavy bleeding is progesterone therapy. If all else fails, a doctor might suggest hysterectomy. It is wise to explore a less invasive method before deciding to remove the uterus.
A woman going through perimenopause bleeding often experiences hot flashes. This is a symptom where a woman might feel hot and sweaty all of a sudden. It is often followed by cold shivering.
Disturbance in Sleeping-
Approximately 20 percent of the women facing perimenopause reports sleep disturbances. Mostly, a woman goes to sleep at the right time but wakes up very early in the morning without getting any sleep throughout the day.
Excessive bleeding in the perimenopause phase can lead to vaginal walls becoming drier and thinner. There are instances where women report of wear and tear in the vagina walls leading to dissatisfaction during intercourse.