Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. IndraYour feedback matters!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS lead to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
You might be extremely conscious of our health and might be working out on a daily basis in order to be fit. However do you know, getting the best result from your workout depends on a number of factors, the most important being the food you consume right before exercise.
Having these 6 foods will give you the best results:
1. Chicken - It is a lean protein and is perfect to build muscle. Also, chicken is rich in healthy minerals and nutrients while being low in fat, thus making it one of the healthiest products to consume before your daily workout.
2. Nuts - Nuts are abundant sources of protein and healthy fats and thus no matter what kind of nuts you consume before working out; they are guaranteed to improve your exercise regime.
3. Milk and Cereal - Milk has the goodness of protein and being liquid it also keeps your body hydrated during the workout. Cereals, on the other hand, are rich sources of carbohydrates that promote muscle growth. Try to pick cereals that are made of grains and have low sugar content.
4. Pasta - It is filled with carbohydrates and rapidly travels through your digestive system, thus instantly giving energy to your body. Moreover, the starchy carbohydrates provide stamina to help build perseverance during the workout.
5) Peanut Butter - It has high calorie content and thus can easily help you build muscle. In addition, it is a rich source of fat and thus consuming peanut butter helps you get the required healthy fat to burn as fuel while you work out.
6) Yogurt - If you indulge in muscle-building exercises and strength training, yogurt can do you a lot of good. This is because it is an abundant source of protein and also contains an adequate amount of minerals and nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Healthy and balanced sexual activities satisfy both the male and female partners, keeps and make all of them happy, nutritious and also dynamic intended for whole life, improve their doing the job volume and really feel youthful life. This makes their partners affectionate in their very own existence.
Some homeopathic remedies have the ability to supply enough energy both for male and female organs which can also increase the length of intercourse. Natural homeopathic herbs tonic such as argentum nitricum, lycopodium, damiana, aswagandha, agnus castus, avena sativa, caladium seguinum, salix nigra, conium, selenium are the best remedies for happy family life. Lycopodium and argentum nitricum work as a legend to remove the all types of weakness of male and female organs. Damiana, avena sativa and aswagandha can be used all year round. These are called tonic remedies in homeopathy.
You should know that intercourse does not mean producing children just nevertheless it maintains one particular match regarding whole life simply by increasing output of testosterone which gives more robust your bones and also muscle tissues thus assisting to prevent osteoporosis furthermore.
So we need to give attention to our family life. How can make your family life happy? I think homeopathy can provide you a nice solution. If you take any tonic remedies according to your symptoms regularly you can enjoy your daily life easily. These homeopathy remedies have the ability to build powerful protection against all fatal diseases.
Normal delivery or vaginal delivery is when childbirth takes place without the use of any vacuum extraction or forceps. It is basically when a woman goes into labour without the use of any other external drugs which induce labour. C-Section or rather caesarean section is basically when a baby is delivered surgically via an incision in the mother’s abdomen. This is usually performed when a normal delivery can put the child’s or the mother’s health at risk. It is also performed when you are expecting twins or rather multiples.
Why Normal Delivery is preferred over C-Section Delivery?
- One of the major benefits of having a normal delivery over a C-Section is that the former leads to a shorter hospital stay as there is no major surgery involved. If there is no surgery involved then obviously the risks associated with it, such as, permanent scarring, severe bleeding, septic infection, are completely eliminated.
- Reaction to anaesthesia is another thing that one must consider and it is the most crucial difference between a normal and a C-Section delivery. As C-Section is basically a surgery, the mother is administered an anaesthetic to numb the pain. Sometimes, even spinal anaesthesia is used and the side effects of it include: back pain, prolonged numbness or weakness, shortness of breath and in extreme cases, even maternal morbidity (death during pregnancy).
- After C-Section delivery, there can be a severe loss of blood leading to hysterectomy (permanent removal of the uterus).
- The best reason to avoid a non-planned C-Section is because, once a C-Section has been done then there is a potential risk of having all your future deliveries done via C-Section.
- A research has shown that women who deliver via C-Section are less likely to start early breastfeeding as the recovery time from a surgery is pretty high. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Is it true that on the day you take i-pill the new periods cycle starts from that day I mean for e. G. I took i-pill on 19 dec then my periods are supposed to come after 28 days from 19 Dec?
Iast time I had a question about my wife not period properly. We have sex with condom. Her period had delayed for 10 days. When checked with prega new found positive. Since I already have 2 years kid and not willing to keep the coming one. What to do.
Hi Doctor, my wife is carrying @ 3rd month right now. Is it safe to have sexual intercourse at this time. If yes, can you please share till when we can have sex with out facing any problem to our baby. Thankyou.
Is is safe to take nutrilite tri-folic tab (as it is written consult your doctor in case of pregnancy) for pregnant women, also ARG 9, surgical SACHET (while searching on Google it is used for hypertension) and are these to also protein sachet for pregnant women. Is it safe?
One of my friend is 27 years old, her one breast size is slightly different (big) from other. She feels pain sometimes. And thinks that it can it be first stage of breast cancer? Please guide on the same.
Hi I just had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last week! I took ipill within 24 hours of the intercourse. But now I am having headache and lower abdominal ache. Please tell ,Are these the side effects of the ipill? And my regular periods occur on 10 every month. So Will my periods will occur soon this time? Thank You.
I am a house wife I am pregnant after 2 years but 2014 I have operated of sist and fibroids my pregnancy started in january 26 2016 so what precautions I have to taken can you please tell me doctor.
I have miscarriage a baby now I am not getting pregnant may some problem of egg implantation so please suggest me some thing who help me in getting pregnant.
Sir sex karne ke baad agar 17 din tak mens na aye toh kya pregnency ruk sakti hai. Aur pregnency cheq karne ka sabse accha tarika kya hai.
I am 31 years, having pain in stomach and back upper side from morning, having period from yesterday. I didn't take anything from morning expect green tea and plain water, please suggest me which medicine I need to take though I too one medicine for gastric but didn't relief.
Hi Doctor, Is there any possibilities to get pregnant with twins if not gender specific without that family background. Also is there any medicines which are helpful in it. I have very irregular periods and due to which my chances of getting pregnant becomes less. I also have post pregnancy weight after birth of my daughter is there any medical methods available.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries?
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
- ankle sprain
- wrist sprain
- knee injury
- tennis elbow
- hamstring pull
- cartilage damage
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
1. Immediate remedies
Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
3. Physical therapy
A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduced inflammation and relieves pain.
5. Surgical procedures
If the injury is too severe and the pain too intense, the best option for treatment is surgery. This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs.
Tip: What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?
While relaxing or sleeping time, I am feeling tightness in chest and feeling like increase heart beat. Its occurs sometime for a short period of time and some time for an hour. What is the solution of this problem?
he chemical messengers of your body, hormones, travel to each organ through your bloodstream and regulate vital processes, such as metabolism and reproduction.
The most commonly fluctuating hormones of your body are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone (sex hormones), thyroid (metabolism hormone), adrenaline (energy hormone), cortisol (stress hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone).
Women experience greater hormonal changes than men. While both boys and girls go through puberty, women experience several additional defining stages throughout their lives – menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum, premenopause and, finally, menopause.
All these greatly change a woman’s body and cause her hormones to fluctuate. Being vital to key processes in the body, hormonal fluctuations significantly affect her overall mental and physical well-being.
Whenever we hear the phrase “hormonal imbalance”, our mind instantly procures an image of a flustered, hyperactive woman. This is a sad state of affairs as it reflects the negativity and insensitivity associated with this condition.