Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indira RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 6 months 8 days pregnant. My ultrasound shows I have breech presentation n baby's cord is around d neck. Is there any serious problem. M very afraid this is my first pregnancy. please help me.
I had done sex with my gf in periods and I gave pil to her. Next day his periods stop. Pls advice soon.
I am 2 month pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy was premature. Will my second one will b same?
I am 25 years old after my first cesserion delivery my weight gains very fast and now it is 74 kg. Can you suggest me and medicine for lossing weight very fast. Or can I take" pure cambogia ultra" with 60hca. Please suggest me what can I do?
I am 19 years old female. On 4th day I getting brown Color like Some waste was discharging. And also I feeling irritated. Always happens with me I notice in this year only. When my period was about to stop always happen like this. Is this any serious problem?
I feel nauseated. Feel giddy. Have pukish feeling. Not able to understand the reason. I am 31 year old woman.
I had sex with my hubby yesterday's afternoon on first stage he discharge his sperms into my vagina but after some time that sperms came out and on second time the sperms are again discharged into my vagina but that time it did not come. So should I take any contraceptive pill or not? Because we are not planning a baby. Please advise.
I am an 18 year old girl and I had unprotected sex 10/3/16. It's been 3 days and I am experiencing red patches on my breast and hands along with frequent urination trips. What should I do? Am I pregnant? Is Mifeprin advisable?
Tomatoes are integral part of indian cooking and diet. This sweet-sour fruit, which is used as a vegetable, has multiple health benefits. It helps build immunity against several ailments because of its rich nutrient content.
8 health problems tomatoes will guard you against.
1) cancer - tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin c. They help fight the formation of free radicals that are said to cause cancer.
2) blood pressure - while someone suffering from blood pressure needs to lower their sodium level, it is also a good idea to increase the level of potassium in the blood. This can be done by eating tomatoes.
3) heart - tomatoes have fiber, potassium and vitamin c, all of which are very good for the heart.
4) diabetes - tomatoes are good for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients. Type 1 patients are known to have lower blood glucose level because of the fiber intake and type 2 patients can improve insulin, lipids and blood sugar levels with tomato consumption.
5) skin - tomatoes act as one of the best anti-tan solutions for the skin. It has vitamin c which is essential for collagen which in turn is the skin's support system. The vitamin c acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent damages caused by sun, smoke and pollution. It also smoothes wrinkles, improving overall skin health.
6) constipation: one should eat food that is high in fiber and water content. Tomato is just the kind of food. It adds bulk to the stool, keeps us hydrated and facilitates regular bowel movements.
7) pregnancy - pregnant women are advised to consume tomatoes due to its rich iron, vitamin c and folic acid reserves. Folic acid from the fruit protects the newborn from neural tube defects.
8) depression - tomatoes are known to help in depression. The folic acid in tomatoes prevents homocysteine, (that prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain), from forming in excess in the body. Due to this control, mood is regulated and sleep & appetite are normalised.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have sudden breast secretions. Plain discharge from both breasts with slight pain. What do you suggest me?
I have purchased manforce condom of ₹25 a pack of 3. Is it safe for oral sex (blow job) please suggest.
She is pregnant from last four months but now these days she feel immediate little pain daily at lower part of abdomen what is the reason.
My periods are irregular since 5-6 months and also I get very severe stomach ache during periods and they last for more than 15 days since few months. My mum and sis are diagnosed with PCOD. Are there chances that I am suffering from the same.
All the treatments and principles of ayurveda are based upon one goal; that is to balance the tridosha. So if you look for a healthy living, you need to understand all three doshas.
My period usually comes on 11th. I had an unprotected sex on 8th july (just before 3-4 days early from my next period). I took unwanted 72 after some hrs. But, my period is missing from 2 weeks. I took pregnancy check from prega news 2 times in last three days. Every times two different colours appears. I am pregnant or not? Now, what should I do?
I am 25 years. First pregnancy. I am now 37 weeks + 5 days pregnant. My scheduled c section is on 14th Nov, 5 days later. C section was an elective choice I made. My latest ultrasound done on 37 weeks shows dat baby weight is 2821+-200 gms. Growth is 11 percentile. Also fetal somatic size showed 36 weeks. I am very worried about the maturity and weight of the baby. Pls advice. Pls. How much weight can I xpect at birth. I was under tremendous stress during my entire pregnancy due to my in laws.
Hi im 19 my girlfriend want me to do oral sex with her vagina is this safe .or else I will get conjuncted with sexually transmitted disease.
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.