Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. IndiraYour feedback matters!
Me and my fiance were jst fooling around and he slid his penis over my clit and vulva it happened for a while on 22may and there was no penetration and ejaculation bt there was some precum on my parts. I took ipill on 25th may. I hav ovarian dermoid n have irregular periods. I used regestrone for menorrhagia during last cycle and had withdrawal bleeding on april24th. Now I didnt get my periods yet. Today I noticed slight bleeding. Is dat due to implantation bleeding or due to periods. M very much worried of it. Please suggest me. I am virgin does pregnancy possible in my case without ejaculation?
Sir, I got married last week but we don't want child now. So Sir please tell me what can we do before sex or at the time of sex to prevent pregnancy. We can't use condom so Sir please tell me which medicine or pill take to prevent pregnancy.
I have disturbed menstrual period, constipation from last 2years Now growing lot of hair in face, weight gain. I want to know my problem.
Magnesium is one of the most abundant mineral found in earth, and a good 60 percent of all the magnesium in the body is stored in your bones. A small percentage is also present in your blood and this nutrient is beneficial for healthy bones and in regulating blood pressure. It also enables proper nerve functioning, good blood circulation, strong immune system and a healthy heart.
Magnesium deficiency can lead to a number of ailments including hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, chronic back pain, etc. Asthma is also widely known to be associated with magnesium deficiencies and can lead to irregular heartbeats and panic attacks. Magnesium deficiency occurs mainly due to unhealthy diet, alcohol abuse, excessive vomiting, and long-term diarrhea. Here are a few signs that indicate that you are suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- Muscle cramps: Regular muscle cramps are the first symptoms of magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is extremely important for muscle growth and regeneration. It increases the intake of calcium and potassium- the two key elements important for muscle functioning. If you experience regular cramps, consult a physician immediately. Also, frequent muscle twitching and eye twitching might be symptoms of magnesium deficiency.
- Migraine: Migraines are caused by a number of reasons and one such reason can be low magnesium levels in your body. Severe migraines should never be ignored as it can be due to an underlying medical condition. Check with your physician as in some cases, migraines can be treated if magnesium deficiency is addressed.
- Irregular heart beat: Irregular heartbeats and rhythms are the biggest symptoms of low magnesium levels in the body. Magnesium is extremely important for proper functioning of the heart and proper blood circulation in the body. If you are suffering from these symptoms for quite some time, seek medical attention immediately.
- Anxiety and restlessness: Restlessness and anxiety can be a norm of life for some people. There can be many explanations for this and one is magnesium deficiency. Magnesium can make our body and mind calm, and lack of this nutrient can cause depressions and restlessness. Increasing your magnesium level can help in reducing anxiety levels and restlessness.
- Fatigue and weakness: If you are experiencing black outs and constant weakness, then you may be suffering from low magnesium levels. Magnesium plays an important role in breaking down glucose into energy. This energy is needed for metabolism and fights the weakness of your body. Lack of magnesium can be harmful in the long run and you might experience extreme instances of weakness and fatigue.
Magnesium intakes: Always have a healthy magnesium rich diet to supplement your magnesium levels. You can best get them from foods such as almonds, avocado, bananas, beans, and pumpkin seeds. You can also opt for milk, cashews, potatoes and yogurt. You can intake magnesium supplements too, but do consult with your doctor before taking them.
Changing something as important as your cholesterol might seem an insurmountable task. Here nutritionist guy gives seven day-by-day tips to help you on your way.
Monday - Increase your fruit and veggie intake. They are rich in important nutrients, low in saturated fats and are cholesterol-free. They are also rich in fibre, which has a cholesterol-lowering effect. Aim to have at least five serves a day, and to eat a variety of different coloured fruits and veggies each day.
Tuesday - Reduce your intake of unhealthy fats. Saturated and trans fats raise blood cholesterol levels. Trans fats are the worst, so limit your intake of processed and fast foods. Choose low-fat dairy products, healthy oils such as olive oil, and flaxseed oil instead of butter. Trim fat from meat and skin from poultry.
Wednesday - Cook with olive oil, a source of healthy monounsaturated fats. It has a higher oxidation threshold than most monounsaturated oils and remains stable at higher temperatures, so is more resistant to hydrogenation and the formation of trans fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower total cholesterol levels.
Thursday - Eat more garlic. Studies show that, as part of a low-fat diet, it can help reduce cholesterol levels - lowering levels of" bad" LDL cholesterol and raising 'good' HDL cholesterol. It also helps to thin the blood, which helps reduce the risk of heart attacks. Studies show countries that eat more garlic have lower rates of heart disease.
Friday - Eat more legumes. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, beans, and peas are good for people with high cholesterol levels. They are low in fat and rich in nutrients such as b vitamins, iron, and unsaturated fats. They are also a rich source of soluble fibre, which helps to lower cholesterol levels.
Saturday - Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Whole oats are packed with heart-healthy dietary fibre and nutrients such as b vitamins, vitamin E, and iron. Oats are an excellent source of soluble fibre, which lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease. Choose fibre-rich whole oats over quick oats.
Sunday - Snack on nuts. They are rich in unsaturated fats. Choose nuts that are higher in unsaturated (mono and poly) fats and lower in saturated fats. These include almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and pistachios. Try making up a trail mix with your favourite raw, unsalted nuts, dried fruit and a mix of seeds.
Whats is TIFFA scan? Is this necessary for all and when its will taken in pregnancy. I mean in which week.
Hi, I'm suffering from PCOD problem. While i'm having periods it is paining a lot & over bleeding up to 7 to 10 days. Present i'm taking homoeopathy treatment is it good using homoeopathy. While i'm having sex with my hubby it is paining a lot.
Im 32 years old n I had a sizerian one years ago before periods were regular 5 days. Periods started frm 3rd month of delivery only and from february im getting late for more than 15 days and periods long for two days only. Im scared wat myt be the reason.
Hy. I am 25 years old. I hd sexed manh times before marriage. In coming nov I am going to get married. So I need to knw is there ilanything like. artificial vagina. Which could bleed out at time of sex during first night. Or another remedies. Pls giv me suggestion also for tightening my vagina. Thnku.
Chances of pregnancy if unwanted 72is taken with in 10 min of unprotected sex. Nd its effect on date of periods.
A woman’s body goes through a number of changes during her lifetime and therefore, it is always better to undergo regular health check-ups at proper intervals to ensure that all organs of her body function well.
Endometriosis is something, which every woman is likely to have heard about. However, not many women are aware of what it exactly is. Even fewer know about what they should look out for when it comes to having endometriosis or understanding what it means to be suffering from it. Is it not a lot better to be informed about all of this?
The condition of endometriosis is when the tissue that is supposed to be inside the uterus also known as the womb and lining, starts growing outside it. What effectively happens is that the lining of the uterus, known as the endometrium, is trapped in the pelvic area.
Some amount of discomfort is usually experienced by women who are menstruating. However, when a woman has endometriosis, the amount of pain is pretty persistent, sometimes extending to a month-long duration. Some women also suffer from excess bleeding.
Unfortunately, the symptoms are not only limited to this. Women who are adversely affected by endometriosis usually find having sex painful as well, ironic as it is supposed to provide pleasure.
Also fertility is the primary function affected by it. There are so many complications in this regard. It is said that about 50 percent of women who have endometriosis have trouble getting pregnant and carrying a baby. Effectively, as sad as it is, endometriosis has the potential to take away the entire prospect of motherhood from a woman.
In addition to this, a fair number of cases, show that the symptoms, which are experienced worsen over the course of time. So, what this means is that the lifestyle of the woman may be severely affected as the symptoms get progressively worse; which is just one of the reasons why treatment is something, which should be resorted to sooner than later.
One of the lifestyle changes which may be beneficial in reducing the severity of endometriosis includes a change in your diet. Increased intake of green vegetables and fresh fruits along with a reduced consumption of red meat is definitely worth a try. Regular exercising is also helpful in treating the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I'm 25 years old unmarried girl (weight 33 kg. I have cyst in my right Overy which measures 5 cm. Doctor advised me to remove cyst by laparoscopy. I have used endosis tablets for 3 months. But there is no charge in size. If I remove cyst by laparoscopy, is it affect pregnancy?
It is often said that the couples who do most day-to-day activities together are more committed towards each other. But does the same stand true when it comes to watching sexual content or pornography? Well, research certainly seems to indicate that, with a whopping 96% couples watch pornography together. Here are some pros and cons of viewing porn with your partner.
1. It may help you both in discovering your sexual preferences
It is important for both you and your partner to be on the same page when it comes to discovering your sexuality and figuring out each other’s sexual preferences. Just like adolescent sex education, pornography too educates you about the mechanics of sexual play. It is a useful tool that brings out the kinky side in you and makes you more open to discussions on things that pique your curiosity in the bedroom. As and when you see such visual imagery, it may appeal to you enough to try it out with your partner. Discuss such desires with your partner. This may help you in discovering what really turns you and your partner on.
2. It may help you in maintaining sexual fidelity in your relationship
Watching porn together with your partner can potentially increase the intensity of physical attraction between the two of you.This, as a result, leads to greater gratification for both of you, and if you are sexually satisfied by your partner, you are less likely to look for pleasure outside your relationship. Also, it is way healthier to indulge in it as a team rather than discovering your partner watching porn alone.
3. It may help both of you to pick up newer positions
Porn has the ability to expose you to new and exciting positions you never knew. About 58% of couples who viewed pornography claimed that the shared activity had a positive effect on their sex lives. New moves and unique positions are known to spice up sex lives. Men can surprise their women (or vice versa) with an exotic move or two. Porn may also help in decreasing shyness and in opening up your minds so that you can pick up and practice new moves.
Although porn viewing may consist of potential benefits, it may also affect your relationship adversely. When watched in excess, porn may cause certain problems in your relationship, which are-
1. It might set up wrong expectations in reality
Porn movies give you a warped view of what beauty is. It may cause you to have unrealistically higher expectations from your partner, whereas the reality may not match your imaginitive hopes and standards. As a result, it may also lead to frustration, aggression and infidelity.
2. It may lead to pornography addiction
The visual and physical appeal of porn may impact a person’s mental or social well-being. Increased porn viewing may hint at a person’s social isolation, loss of interest in career and other activities etc. It may also make you highly dependent on it, as it allows immediate sexual gratification. As a result the usage may go out of control and relate directly to compulsive behaviour.
3. It may affect your sexual drive and libido
Making love to your partner in real-life may become a foreign concept, as porn can decrease your physical drive with the possibility of making you sexually lazy. Porn may also have certain side effects including probable loss of libido and even difficulty in lasting longer. It may also make regular intercourse seem boring as it may not have the same sensual and visual appeal as pornography.
After realising its various pros and cons if you want to use porn, it is advisable to not use it as replacement but as an accessory for better sexual well-being.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My friend is 24 yrs female unmarried, she feels as if she got some lumps in her breasts, is there any other symptom that it would be a breast cancer, or it would be some other problem, please give suggestions, she is afraid a lot.
What precaution or care should be taken after immediate operation of uterus removal for female (age 59 years) please suggest diet and ways in order to recover to good health.
Hi now my wife is 28 weeks present but initially she is a thyroid patient I mean before her pregnancy her thyroid level more than 5 now its 2.5 is her thyroid level gives problems during delivery.
Dry fruits undoubtedly are great energy foods that are loaded with vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Anjeer or fig is one of the most popularly used dry fruit, and has multiple benefits. So, it's essential to include this fruit in your diet. Anjeer or fig can be consumed in multiple ways.
First is, by sun drying it and having it raw. You can even store this dried fig throughout the year. People across the country love the milk shake of Kaju Anjeer. For which, you need to soak some figs and add them along with cashews to the milk. Alternatively, you can even roughly cut them and add to your salads. The most delicious way to have figs is by adding them in your desserts. You can also make sweets like barfi and peda (milk sweet) with this healthy ingredient.
Here are 9 health benefits of this super fruit:
- Controls blood pressure and ageing: Figs are rich in potassium, which negates the effect of sodium and helps in controlling blood pressure. They can also help in controlling ageing effects by providing you enough iron, estrogen, etc. This keeps your hormones in check and boosts your energy as well. Figs are also great for skin and hair and nails. Mashed figs applied on the face can prevent acne.
- Helps in weight management: Moderate amount of figs can help in controlling weight. They are rich in fiber, and therefore eating figs is a good way to keep junk and fried foods at bay. When in the mood for a light snack, pick figs and they will make you feel full, at the same time, but in a healthy way.
- Heart healthy food: Figs reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are the culprit for inducing heart disease as they are fat particles which accumulate along the blood vessel and cause heart attacks.
- Reduces chances of cancer: Figs are rich in antioxidants and therefore help in controlling release of free radicals and chronic inflammation. The free radicals are the ones responsible for chronic inflammation including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Figs are therefore believed to have a preventive effect on these chronic health conditions.
- Controls blood sugar: The chlorogenic acid present in figs helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetics. Potassium which is found in abundance in figs also plays a good role in control of blood sugar levels.
- Improves bone health: Calcium is the main ingredient required for healthy bones, and figs are a good natural source for this. While dairy products are a good source, they are not alone sufficient, and figs can be a good second-line supplement.
- Aids in constipation: Being rich in fiber, figs are good for intestinal motility and can prevent constipation. The fiber provides roughage, aiding in good bowel movements
- Keeps the reproductive system in check: Figs are rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, and manganese which contribute to vitality and fertility. Figs can be soaked in milk and consumed or eaten in other forms as mentioned above. So, if you're pregnant or planning a baby, do include this super food in your diet.
- Prevent kidney stones: Boil some figs in water and once cool, this water can be consumed for a few days to prevent kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.