Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. IbrahimYour feedback matters!
My mother is 54 years old and I got the reports today that she is having malignancy. I am from Bihar, but I can go Delhi, mumbai or anywhere in India. Just guide me to choose the best place for this disease to get cured.
The lower part of the digestive system is known as the large intestine (colon), and colon cancer is the name given to the type of cancer that affects it. The rectal cancer is the cancer that affects the last few inches of the colon. Collectively they are known as colorectal cancers. In most of the cases, small, noncancerous (benign) clumps of cells called adenomatous polyps are formed in the intestine. They are not harmful on their own, but over a period, they enlarge to become colon cancers. Let us have a look at the early symptoms.
Polyps and the symptoms
Polyps are very small and do not display symptoms on their own. Doctors advise regular screening test to find polyps and destroy them before they can aggravate to colon cancer. In most of the cases, the symptoms start to appear only in the advanced levels. These include:
- Changes in the bowel movement: There can be severe diarrhea or constipation. There can also be changes in the consistency of the stool.
- Blood clots in the stool: There can be a persistent bleeding when passing out the stools. In some cases, there can be a general discomfort and pain while passing the stool.
- Severe abdominal discomforts: Abdominal cramps and gas can be a regular occurrence. They would not respond to any digestive medications.
- Weakness or fatigue: The body tends to get weak and fatigued easily. Even performing essential activities can be a daunting task.
- Unexplained weight loss: Even after a proper diet, the body tends to lose weight. Weight loss can be categorized as one of the advanced stages of the disease.
The symptoms vary drastically depending on the size of cancer and the location in the large intestine. It is advisable to consult an oncologist if the symptoms mentioned above persist and it is also mandatory to have regularized screening after the age of 50.
There are also certain important factors that have to be looked that may increase the risk of colon cancer. These include:
- Old age: It usually affects people more than the age of 50. Chances of it occurring in young people are very minimal.
- Inflammation of the intestine: Chronic inflammatory diseases of the intestine such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease can increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Genetics: Chances are that the genes could be passed on through the generation and family; thereby enhancing the likelihood of colorectal cancer.
- Diet: Fatty foods and foods that are low in fiber content can be one of the causes of colon cancer. People who are overweight and obese also increase their risk drastically.
- Smoking and alcohol: Smoking and drinking in excess levels increase the chances of getting colon cancer.
My mother is 80 years weight 47 kg. She has diagnosed adenocarcinoma of rectum (mucin secreting. Rectum ulcerated friable circumferential growth from 12 to 18 cm. Please advice what to do. Can we think of surgery.
Cancer is usually detected at a very late stage when it is almost incurable. Can it be detected in the beginning? if yes please advise the procedure /tests.
Hello doctor! I just wanna knw what are the initials symptoms of the disease cancer and how to take precaution form that and what are the tests to be performed to detect cancer?
Hi, I am planning to study in Australia in few more months, but, according to reports. Australia has the highest chances of getting skin cancer due to UV rays, what are the precautions 1 can take to be safe from skin cancer & what are the symptoms of skin cancer?
Dr. what are the symptoms of cancer how we can identify it in earlier stage. And does it curable if we identify it.
My mom 37 year old female web to general check up gynecologist while checking my mom noticed a white color patches in the mouth of the uterus Dr. did colposcopy and the result came by seeing that Dr. said that its a infection no cancer symptoms eventhough we need remove that patches by conbiopsy and come for routine check up or hysterectomy can be done I need to know that which method is safe and no problem will occur in future.
May I know what are the symptoms of cancer and how we could stop it. What is the life span when it affects a person. Is there any vegetables to affect us.
Today is world cancer day, here we mentioned some of our routine work precaution by which we can avoid cancer, ayurveda play very effective role in cancer treatment. Mentioned some research about cancer in ayurveda.