Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. IbrahimYour feedback matters!
Solution for digestion problem. Early morning after eating breakfast .I felt like motion in my body.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
Hlo. I am unable to pass free motion. After completion I feel some motion is still left and I am unable to pass it. After lunch again I feel urge to go. Please suggest me tips to avoid going motion multiple times in a day.
I am having a problem pf acidity. And it is regular problem with me. Do not what to do n my age is 20 years! I have tried many things. But never got any proper solution. Sometimes I also use. Instant medicines like eno. Aciloc and cold milk. To get rid of this prob. But it is very limited. I want proper medication for this problem. Thank you so much. Hope for the answer soon.
Sir I am suffering from acidity at last one year, every day I eat omega capsule. Please sugest me what I do.
Not able to digest food. Burning sensation is felt inside food pipe and sometimes in stomach as well. Problem of acidity is also there. Most of the times suffer from constipation. Please suggest me treatment and provide me with the reason.
My father is 53 year old, he have his belly bloated and so much pain and blood is getting out from anus and black latrine. He has addicted to drinking and smoking. And the pain is occurring from last two weeks. Sometimes got lost his mind and he don't know that what is he doing from last week. Please help me. Thanx. Please fast reply.
My wife who is 24 years old got recently diagnosed with genital tuberculosis when she had undergone laparoscopy for pcod. One and half year back we had undergone treatment for infertility by taking hormonal injections for 4 consecutive months but was a failure. She didn't conceive. Right now doctor suggested she need to take medication for 6 months for tuberculosis and go for ivf since her fallopian tubes got blocked and cervix is not good. Doctor also suggested to try to open her fallopian tubes after 3 months. My concern is will her fallopian tubes get open if she tries because damage caused to fallopian tubes is irreversible. I doubt as it is not completely blocked then it might also get open as I believe. Also I have seen many cases where performing yoga especially kapalbhat has opened the blocked tubes naturally. Doctors who read it please help me understand about this situation. Also let me know whether it's contagious to husband so that if it is then I can start the medication. Help me also to understand what are the possible ways to open the blocked fallopian tubes medically and surgically. Thanks.
To reduce subsequent episodes of diarrhea, malnutrition, and delays in physical and mental development.
Exclusive breastfeeding until age six months
Continued breastfeeding with complementary foods until two years of age.
Complementary feeding may be considered in younger infants if growth is inadequate.
The consumption of safe food and water.
After every loose stool give ORS/boiled sugar-salt solution or rice water or any
homemade made clean solution to prevent death from dehydration.
Water brought to a rolling boil for at least five minutes is optimal for preparing food and drinks for young children.
Hand Washing after defecating, disposing of a child's stool, and before preparing meals.
The use of latrines; these should be located more than 10 meters and downhill from drinking water sources.
Rota virus accounts for majority of diarrhoea in children. Rotavirus vaccine can prevent diarrhoea from this common,deadly virus
Need to know the treatment for anal fissure. Want to know precautions and edibles to cure this permanently.
I am 28 years old Male. From yesterday I am having severe pain at the anal muscle. I believe this is due to dehydration and sun stoke (i went to office n spend some time in hard sun) as I dint go out of house for last 2 weeks due to leg injury. Now one of my well wishers Nurse has suggested to take meftal spas. Please tell me what should i do for that?
Hi, I am having digesting problem, gas after every heavy meals and motion also from more than 2 years. Please help me out.
I am a mbbs ist years student @ my digestive system is very bad @whenever I eat I feel like I need to expel out something to outside like nausea @stomach is heavy n hot n nausea like @always I eat something or take a gap I feel something needed to be expel out @@like nausea @@thats why my condition is very bad. Wat can I do to avoid this.
I am 57 year old and under went bypass surgery ten years back. I am fit and fine but I am suffering from gas trouble. After meal or before meal I feel heavy in my stomach and and feel suffocation. Though I can breath easily but feel uneasy. Please advice.
Hello doctor, I am using mirtazapine from past 1 year for IBS-C. Now my course is about to stop as I am feeling good. Now I am using mirtazapine 7.5 (60 mg- 45 mg-30 mg-15 mg-7.5 mg) from last month. In 15 days I have to stop the medicine. But now I am getting constipation and severe headaches with gastric disturbances. My question is" Is it medicine withdrawn side effects or do I need to increase my dose again? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
I can't digest egg for last 2 3 years, if I try to eat eggs it starts pain on my stomach why does it happens please help.
I am 27 years old. Sum times it bleeds when I go to potty. It is very little but it does sum times. What should I do. Tell me eating behavior.
I am suffering from Pimples from last 4years. Now dark patches has been initiated. What should I do. Also gas problem is always there, not having oily food for last six months.
Doctor I have fistula past 1 year I see doctor also he confirm I have fistula. And he give some medicine. Now I lost that preparation. Now I need to take medicine. So pls suggest medicine to recovery soon. When I am going Toilet I feel unbelievable pain after release motion good. Pls suggest any medicine for me. Thanks
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.