Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Hymavathy RajeYour feedback matters!
My age is 21 yrs since 2-3 yrs I feel some small lumps like structure in my both breasts, should I be worried about it?
My father had a laser holmeum surgery for Prostate problem and he contracted an UTI infection from the catheter. This infection was detected to be Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and my father had already taken Niftran 100 mg twice daily for 3 months. The recent urine culture showed that Niftran is now resistant along with many other antibiotics and his infection is still active. The pus cells were 25 to 30 in the routine microscopy. The only sensitive antibiotic was Colistin. Our doctor is advising to wait for few more days as he is asymptomatic. He is also diabetic from the last 11 years. Please suggest.
My sister has colon cancer she is taking ayurvedic med for it from last 4 years. Now she got tested for she has become anemic. They found she has internal bleeding. What can be done what r her options.
Dear sir, I am from Allahabad (U.P.) India. I have giant cell tumor on my right wrist. I knew it after my Biopsy test. please suggest me Is bone grafting is best for these type of GCT. And what percentage of recurrence of giant cell tumor. please reply sir.
I have piles prob and prostate too. For the last 15 years, age 60yrs, weight 79kg. Height 5. 5. In delhi, no suger no b. P. Rest all ok
Question is for breast cancer stage 3 and grade 3 Why is cancer patient survival rate is measured in relative of 5 years. If the patient is diagnoses with cancer and he go for the treatment like chemotherapy surgery and radiation and he successfully cured the cancer then why he can not survive for 10 years, is it is because of sideeffect of medicines chemo surgery radiation etc.
What are the symptoms of cancer and what are the effects and what it forms what are its main agents.
What are the symptoms of lung cancer? How can I overcome the lung cancer? I was suffering from cough over a month!
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with a doctor.
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
I'm 24 years old female. Got married recently. I'm getting water from my breast. May I know what could be the reason. Isn't health problem?
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult a doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.
I had throat infection, cold and fever. When I cough I got single drop of blood. I showed doctor, he told nothing to worry, after 2 days it again happened when I drunk hot lemon tea and water. Is this lung cancer? I am passive smoker because of my friends. Is there anything worry? Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
Male 56 years old, taking olmezest 20H+nebicard50, EchosprinAV75 for BP & palpitation & Flotral for enlarged prostate have been suffering from erectile dysfunction.
I am 82. Suffer from enlarged prostate. My urine output at night is heavy. Nearly 1.50 liters. I take urimax 90 at night since 2007. My psa is less than 1.0. I have no sugar. No cholesterol. I weigh around 89 kg. And five feet eleven inches tall. Do lot exercise.. Take 4000IU D3 every day. B12. And Vit E daily. Kindly advise if I am okay in health? Thanks
COMPLEX THICK WALLED OVARIAN CYST. Please I was diagnose with a complex thick walled ovarian cyst. Could this be ovarian cancer? How can I handle this cos my heart is popping out of my body. Please anyone with similar case?
Oral cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells called tumors that invade and damage the tissues surrounding it is in or around the mouth. Oral cancer, like all other types of cancer, is life threatening if not diagnosed and treated in the early stages. There are eight types of oral cancer namely cancer in the throat, sinuses, hard and soft palate, floor of the mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue and lips. Dentists are usually the first ones to notice and detect the signs and symptoms of oral cancer. This condition is also known as oral cavity cancer. The risk factors and symptoms of oral cancer are mentioned below.
The symptoms of oral cancer, especially in the first stages, seem non-threatening and similar to common oral problems. However, visiting the doctor is mandatory to rule out cancer as an option. If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, visit your dentist immediately.
- Thickenings and swellings, lumps or bumps, crusts, eroded areas or rough spots on the lips, gums or surrounding regions inside or around the mouth.
- Bleeding in the mouth that is unexplainable.
- Persistent sores near and around the mouth or throat that bleed easily and may take more than two weeks to heal.
- Unexplained numbness or pain and tenderness in the mouth, throat or face.
- Development of patches, which are usually speckled, red or white in the mouth.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Excruciating pain in your ear.
- Loose teeth.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Lumps in your neck.
- Stiffness or pain in your jaw.
- Pain in your tongue.
- Dentures that fit poorly.
Men above 50 years of age face the greatest risk of developing oral cancer. Women are at a much lower risk of developing oral cancer than men. The following factors increase your risk of developing oral cancer:
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes
- Snuff, dips or chewing tobacco
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- History of oral or other types of cancer in the family
- Chronic sun exposure, especially facial exposure
- Sexually transmitted virus such as HPV
- Diagnosed of oral cancer previously.