Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Hymavathy RajeYour feedback matters!
I am 66 years male with problem of involuntary leakage of urine during sleep at night. I have Diabetes which is controlled. I do not have any prostrate problem. Please suggest a medication to control my above problem.
Hello doctor I m 20 years old. My breast size is 32, I don't find it growing. What should I do? 2 years before I had lump in both the breasts and it was mobile but now i am safe.
Dear Doctor, I am 30 years old unmarried girl, doctor advised me do mammogram of both breasts as it was discharging fluid for some time, report is as follows- Few mammary ductules near nipple dilated and measured 2.3 mm in diameter. Axillary lymphadenopathy seen Breast mass at right breast is identified and measured 0.6 cm Breast Microcyst are identified in both breasts. Secretory tissues of both breasts in all quadrant appears normal and comparable to each other Fat lobules well formed and appears normal. No focal lesion seen Rectoareolar region appears normal No abnormal collection or calcification Underlying muscles and ribs appears normal No dilated ductiles are seen impression- Few dilated mammary ductiles seen in both breast. Secretory tissue and fatty tissues of both breast appears normal and comparable. Breast mass at right breast is identified and measured 0.6 cm Underlying muscles appears normal. Axillary lymphadenopathy seen. please advise.
Cervical cancer (a malignant tumor of the cervix, the lowermost part of the uterus) is one of the most preventable types of cancer. Because of the Pap smear test, the number of cervical cancer cases has actually dropped over the past 20 years. However, many women still develop cervical cancer.
While some cases of cervical cancer cannot be prevented, there are many things a woman can do to reduce her risk of developing cervical cancer.
Reduce Your Risk of Cervical Cancer:
- Get a regular Pap smear. A Pap smear can be the greatest defense against cervical cancer. It can detect cervical changes early on, before they have a chance to turn into cancer.
- Limit the number of sexual partners you have. Studies have shown that women who have many sexual partners increase their risk for cervical cancer. You also increase your risk of developing HPV, which has been shown to lead to cervical cancer.
- Quit smoking or avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking cigarettes increases your risk of developing many cancers, including cervical cancer.
- If you are sexually active, use a condom. Having unprotected sex puts you at risk for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which can increase your risk factor for developing cervical cancer.
- Follow up on abnormal Pap smears. If you have had an abnormal Pap smear, it is important to follow up with regular Pap smears or colposcopies, and whatever else your doctor has recommended for you. If you have been treated for cervical dysplasia, you still need to follow up with Pap smears or colposcopies.
- Get the HPV vaccine. If you are under 27, you may be eligible to receive the HPV vaccine, which prevents high risk strains of HPV in women. The vaccine is most effective when given to young women before they become sexually active.
Again, cervical cancer prevention should be a top priority for all women. Small lifestyle adjustments, combined with regular medical care, can go a long way in preventing cervical cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
The prostate gland is a very important gland in the male reproductive system. It is responsible for producing around 30% of the fluid which comprises semen. While the statement that homeopathy cannot treat problems in the prostate such as prostate cancer is true, it is untrue that prostate gland enlargement cannot be treated by homeopathy.
Here are the most common homeopathic remedies for prostate gland enlargement and what are the medicines best suited for it:
- Baryta carb: Baryta carb is one of the best homeopathic remedies for prostate gland enlargement in the elderly. Common conditions which may indicate that Baryta carb is the best remedy for your prostate gland enlargement patient include degenerative diseases such as losing memory, cardiovascular problems and other problems besides losing memory in the cerebral system.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is mostly used when the patient suffering from prostate gland enlargement also suffers from heart problems. Digitalis does make the pulse weak, slow or even intermittent, however it is worth note that oedema may also occur.
- Staphysagria: Staphysagria is one of the best homeopathic medicines for various pains which occur in the urinary system in addition to prostate gland enlargement. Common pains which staphysagria cures include pain while urinating, burning sensation in the urethra, feeling like the bladder is not completely emptied as well as pain in the urethra when one is not urinating.
- Conium: Frequent urination is yet another symptom of prostate gland enlargement. This problem is caused by an injury to the area where the prostate glands are located. This injury hardens the glands. The passage of urine will be extremely difficult with urine starting to pass and then stopping again. There is also dribbling of urine after completion of urinating.
- Sabal Serrulata: Sabal Serrulata is one of the most popular homeopathic medicines for prostate gland enlargement with many patients having consumed it reported great results. It works for most causes of prostate gland enlargement as well.
Even though homeopathy is supposed to have no side effect, it is still imperative that you consult your doctor about which ones to take.
Sir My brother has operated for brain tumor in left frontal lobs in june 2014. After that operation doctor said he has cancer-anaplastic astrocytoma stage-3. He has take one month radiation with chemo 120 gm and 130 mg chemo. After radiation he has take 3 month chemo 250 mg and 350 mg alternative. But after One year now doctor saying that MRI showing a small ring in post operated area. It may be disease- mean again growing cancer cell. So please suggest what we can do this time. Is there is need of radiation again. Please suggest .
Sir this is on behalf of my child suffering from mps1. Tell me the treatment option available for this rare genetic disorder and best hospital offering bone transplant at affordable cost.
Helo doctors. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer stage 2 two months ago and she had surgery to remove one breast. Then they did some tests and she is advised to undergo further treatment chemo or radiation. How long is it safe for her to stay without starting the treatment?
Carrying on from my previous post, another important type of stem cell transplant is known as an autologous transplant, in which the patient's own stem cells are harvested in a manner similar to the harvest of donor cells.
After harvest, the patient is treated with high-dose chemotherapy. Autologous transplant is done mostly in multiple myeloma (standard of care), relapsed high-grade lymphomas (commonly diffuse large b cell) and Hodgkin lymphoma. After high-dose chemotherapy there is an intervening period of low blood counts when the patient is susceptible to infections and bleeding. Support is given in the form of blood, platelet transfusions and antimicrobial drugs. The stem cells start producing blood cells by around day 11 and recovery occurs. The outcome depends on the status of the disease before transplant. Patients in remission prior to transplant do much better in the long term than those with active disease.
Generally speaking, around 50 percent patients with relapsed lymphoma get cured with this approach. Multiple myeloma is a more complex disease and is known to relapse after varying intervals after transplant. Transplant in this scenario improves overall survival and provides freedom from disease for a few years.