Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. HumaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr, What could be the reason for bitterness in my mouth, due to which I have loss my appetite.
Is it necessary to go for root canal if you have 20% cavity on jaw tooth or filling would be enough.
Hi Doctor recently I started taking Sharkoferrol upon prescribed by a doctor. After 2-3 days of its consumption I noticed I am constipated and my teeth has started becoming brown. Right now I have stopped taking the syrup but please suggest me how to get rid of constipation. I do drink lots of juices n water but nothing helped.
My teeth gets in yellowish color and there are some black spots on some teeths. Please let me know the cure.
My gums leave roots of teeth here is fungus tell me what I do, when I do brush pain in my gums bt I have no pairia.
Having nerves pull in right side of my face and unable to open my mouth widely and chew anything harder and having headache and ear pain.
I m 50 years old man. My mouth is not open properly. Chewing tobacco products since many years. What can I do suffering this problem?
I am a 34 yrs female. I have a very bad odour coming from my mouth. When I floss then also its there. No likes to talk to me closely. Including my husband. It is ruining my life. Can this odour be because of any internal stomach or body dysfunction problem. Please help me.
In case of geographic tongue, I am taking all care which is necessary. I m taking vitamin supplements, oral take care & whatever risk factor I have removed. So, I get relief 60-70%but, it completely not clear. So, 1 doctor in the past suggest me candid lotion (clotrimazole) topical solution usp for white patches. So, I want to know it can be use or not?
My tooth always hurts after eating sugar. What shall I do. Are there any home remedies or I should remove it by going to a dentist?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.