Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
What are the prevention methods for the cold cough and dry cough in winter season and cold nesa due to season change.
I am suffering from cough and have tried all medicines related to cough but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do? Can you please help me with this?
What are some symptoms of lung cancer that are observed generally? Is long staying cough is one of them?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I have cough from past 3 months. I have consulted 3_4 physicians. I have dry cough. There is no improvement. I did chest x_ray as well which was clear. I am having pain in my joints now. Also I have a block like there in my throat. Please suggest what should I do now?
I have one nose always blocked and sometimes when the suitition get wrost both nose got blocked. Also I have sinus problem. Please let me know will it be useful to get sinus operation or should just take the medicine. kindly advice Thanks
I had a problem I can't breath easy, my sputum from nose comes with blood and a terrible cough. And I had a pain in my left chest, I went to hospital and treatment they checked my pulse and pressure then said everything is fine but you have a huge sputum in chest. Then they gave me some medicines tab maxim 400 mg and syrup dextrokuf. Now I feel good cough is cleared and the blood comes in my sputum are stopped. Now my problem is chest pain and I can't breathe normal. I afraid Is I still have a symptom of cancer.
I have sinuisitis from last 5 to years, Had opertation 2 years back but not effective, from last 2 to 3 months its more not under control, currently medicated with cetrite and theoasthalin tablet daily once at night. Please suggest what is best solution to stop sinus completely ?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary. However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
It is important to have some basic knowledge of the problem. Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease—sometimes worrisome and inconvenient—but a manageable condition.
Asthma is a condition in which airways of lungs become narrow and swell and produce extra mucus.
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.