Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hsc KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir My daughter is seven years old her height is not increasing. She eats paper so please tell what should i do?
My daughter is very thin actually wife's parent and all her relatives are thin, but I need my daughter to gain wait so please suggest me some vitamin or protein syrup. She 2.5 year old.
My baby when born is iucr and he is 2 now but he is not healthy not eats food what to do. Please tell to make him healthy.
My boy age 11 months frequently passing the urine. In an hour approximately 6 to 8 times. May I know the reason.
Hi doc. What are the fruit juices can be given for 8 month baby during winter and rainy season as wel as to treat constipation?
3 crucial things a newborn needs the most
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: one of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: the best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable.
I have 8 month old baby. I am breastfeeding and giving formula milk to him. Doctor has given easum cerelac to him. I am giving him twice a day. Now what type of food and fruits should be given to my baby and in which form and what timing gap should me made between food help me in this.
I am breastfeeding my 2 and a half month baby. He was born preterm, at 32 weeks. Does it cure him, if I eat ajwain when he gets cough & cold, and does he get cured if I eat heeng if he would be having gas problem or stomach ache. Is it ok for me/my health, if I eat ajwain and heeng daily.
My daughter is 2 months old and I give her vitamin drops dhup daily and incidentally it fell on her eye. I immediately rinse off it with water and then put breast milk in her eye what should I do further for the same.
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Insufficient intake of lean meat
- Pure vegetarian diet
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment.
Related Tip: Permanent Cure for Anemia - Only Through Homeopathy
Sir, I am asking about my 2 months baby podiatrist tell heart beat combined with murmur sound. Is that anything serious? He told that consult with cardiactist doctor I went cardiologist they check and told she having normal heart beat no worry. Again went podiatrist for general check up again telling the same baby having some heartbeat with murmur sound so check after 3 or 4 months. Tell the reason for murmur sound what to do next?
My son is 4 years old. He is unable to write alphabets or numbers but he is able to say them. We are struggling day and night making him practice more and more but we are failed to him write himself. Please help us what to do so that he can write on his own?
How to check that 1.5 month baby is taking complete breast feed. It was normal delivery of our baby. My wife is not satisfied after feeding the baby and mentally disturb due to this which is not good for both mother and baby. My wife says that after 2 hr breast feed baby still licking his tongue which means he is still hungry. My doc suggest that we can give Nan 1C milk to baby if mother feels that baby is still hungry. But my wife do not want to give external milk. She is very disturbed. Please help us. Thanks You doctors. He always drinks Nan 1C comfortably even after 2 hrs continuous breast feed. That means he is still hungry. From birth after passing meconium for first 2-3 days my baby passing stool after every 2-3 days but bot regularly. His weight at the time of birth was 2.6 Kg and after 5 weeks 4 day it is 3.5 kg. Is it Normal? We are giving Nan Pro twice a day from day 10 from birth (10.11.2016). Should I increase external feed dosage? He has 8-12 wet diaper and passes stool every 2-3 days. Stool is Yellow mustered color. Baby is Active but I feel weight gain is not up to the mark. He sleeps on feeding every 15 mint and when keep on bed he starts sticking out tongue.
My daughter .6 yrs. Is having pain in the pelvic area. Kindly suggest what and why it cud be. And what should be done?
Hi Doctor, Please suggest any tonic for my daughter for deep hunger. She depends on milk 2-3 times in a day only. She never asks for any food. She is only 3.5 years old only. Please suggest a good tonic for her to increase hunger. Thanks.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.