Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hrishikesh DamleYour feedback matters!
My wife is 29 old and having leg pain for last 3 years after the delivery. Consulted with gynaecology everything is fine. Please suggest
I have stomach pain and go to anal what a problem my m.c not came since three months I check but no pregnancy I have now pain please advice.
Hi I am 18. And want to ask ho to control and get rid of pimples and spots on the face. Any changes in diet for Tht matter? I mean what to eat and not. Also I get sweating immediately when sitting constantly in this climate. What do I do?
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
The disease is contagious in nature, so it is advised to stay away from people who have shingles. Remember that if you are not immune to chickenpox, then coming in contact with a person who has shingles, might result in you developing chickenpox.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.