Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. HridyaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I am 60 years old. I have breakfast of two toasts without butter, one bowl of corn flakes/ oats. For lunch, I have stir fried vegetables 50 gms and one non fat sandwich. Evening I have an apple/ orange and dinner two chapatis with vegetables cooked in olive oil. I do go for morning walks, but I am not able to reduce weight. I am 175 cms tall and weigh 80 kgs. I have severe constipation, for which I take Kayam Churna or some laxative pill everyday. Please advise. Regards
Dear Doctor,What kind excercises can be helpful with controlled asthma. When running or walking fast i feel respiratory problem.Please help
Hi doc I am 10 weeks pregnant I face a severe hairfall I am very upset regarding my hair what can I do it is normal pls tell me my hair looks very thin.
I have single undescended testicle and I do workout not too intense but moderate coz I just started doing workout from January. Generally I don't have any pain in my undescended testicle, I feel little pain only when I have gastric problem sometime. So my question is does this single undescended testicle going to effect my testosterone level and my workout? Thanks.
Hi, I am 29 year old female. I have serious hair fall problem that makes my scalp clearly visible. There is no density at all. It looks so so thin and it is like baldness. Even if touch my hair with fingers my hair breaks. Please help me out with your advice to over come hair fall problem and to grow dense hair with out any side effects. Note: since I have grey hair I have used hair dye at least once in a month or two. Now stopped using dye due to hair loss issue and using henna pack.
Dear sir I have pain in my neck and back of my head for last 7 8 days. actually I have backache in my neck about 12 days ago. I taken medicine for that. Moch backache almost gone but there is pain in left side of my head. I contact some doctor they give some medicine but the pain was not gone yet. Please advise me what to do.
I have very dark circles under my eyes. I use face wash to remove it. But I don't c any results. Is there any other way to remove it.
hello my name is Mukesh and I have hair loss from last three months. What I can do for these. please help me . Thank you
PCOS is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of appearance. It can also affect long term health.
1. Irregular periods or no periods at all
2. Difficulty becoming pregnant (reduced fertility)
3. Having more facial or body hair than is usual for you (hirsutism)
4. Being overweight, rapid increase in weight, difficulty losing weight
5. Oily skin, acne
6. Depression and mood swings
The cause of PCOS is not yet known. PCOS sometimes runs in families. If any of your relatives (mother, sister or aunts) are affected with PCOS, your own risk of developing PCOS is increased. The symptoms of PCOS are related to abnormal hormone levels. Hormones are chemical messengers which control body functions. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the level of glucose (a type of sugar) in the blood.
If you have PCOS, your body may not respond to the hormone insulin (known as insulin resistance, so the level of glucose is higher). To prevent the glucose levels becoming higher, your body produces more insulin. High levels of insulin can lead to weight gain, irregular periods, infertility and higher levels of testosterone.
This disorder affects the function of the ovaries, which produce eggs and the hormones oestrogen and progesterone. As the ovaries aren't working properly, eggs may not be released in a regular monthly cycle.
I have dandruff in my head. I also having hair loss. So please suggest me some good shampoo and hair oil?
I AM 80YRS. I AM DIABETIC SINCE 1976. FOR LAST 15 YEARS ON INSULIN 25 UNITS AND 20 UNITS. YET THE SUGAR AFTER FOOD PP IS NOT IN CONTROL. KINDLY SUGGEST ?
I am female 25 suffering from stomach and throat pain, acid reflux from last six months problem get worse when I study or do stress full things I feel nausea and weakness when I study and when I eat something little spicy or warm I want to get cured or die I am depresses with this disease please help me I beg.
Dear sir/ma'am, I am 21 years old. I have boils on my buttocks. I am taking medicines and my boils are draining but after drained one boil another one is creating. 5 boils has been drained. Actually some days ago I shaved my butt and after that this is all are happening. Is shaving is the cause of my boils?
A Quick Guide to Geriatric Nutrition
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?
I am suffering from throat cancer. What treatment can I take to ease my pain. I took some radiation and chemotherapy treatment.
I'm 22 years old. My weight is 35 kg. Even I eat well. Please suggest any tablets to gain weight. My parents saw alliance for me. Give solution.
I don't have any hair focilles on face that is I don't have even a single hair or hair focilles in the chin area that is beard So using jojoba oil can I grow beard.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.