Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. HiremathYour feedback matters!
I am 26, male. My problem is comparing to others and deep thinking. Afraiding of crackers. How should I avoid these. Please help me doctor.
Through my perception my voice is much clear but when I am responded by the people it is said that I speak very fast & the word I speak does not come out of my mouth clear. So pls help me out of this.
Hello, I am 28 years old, I wish to ask that I consume alcohol daily, don't know exactly the period, may be from last 5 years. The amount of alcohol that I consume these days is more than 200 ml which is more than a quarter (180 ml) some times it exceeds to 300-400 ml too. Please tell me the detailed effects of it. And also how long a person can live with this alcoholic lifestyle
Hello sir, I am facing these symptoms memory is loss fatigue muscle spasm ,weakness, headache.. What should i do to cure?
Sir I can not concentrate on one thing at a time, even while studying I can concentrate only for 5minutes max. I start thinking about whatever I see going on in society like if I watch cricket I imagine myself as a best player of the team nd also like a soldier, agent, scientist nd so much other things also. I want to concentrate on my studies at a time. Help me sir.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.