Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HirayathYour feedback matters!
Hi my son is 3 years old & he takes proper diet however he do potty once in every alternate day. Please suggest.
We have a 7 days old daughter but my wife unable to produce her breast milk and my daughter is not able to feed her breast milk please suggest with remedy.
My son is now 40 days old and is on PreNan. He always pooped well; however, off late he seems constipated and has been pooping in the form of clay balls. At times he cries while pooping. What is should I do to help him so that he does not struggle?
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development. Inattention and hyperactivity are key symptoms of ADHD. Symptoms can include having problems sustaining attention in tasks, not listening when spoken to directly, not following through on instructions, failing to finish schoolwork or chores, starting tasks but quickly losing focus, getting easily sidetracked, talking nonstop, blurting out an answer before a question has been completed, finishing other people’s sentences, or speaking without waiting for a turn in conversation. Raising a child with ADHD isn’t like traditional childrearing. Normal rule-making and household routines can become almost impossible, so you’ll need to adopt different approaches. It can be frustrating and disheartening to cope with constant impulsive behaviour from your child. Here are a few tips to help you:
1. Create structure:
Make a routine for your child and stick to it every day. Establish rituals around meals, homework, playtime, and bedtime. Simple daily tasks, such as having your child lay out his or her clothes for the next day can provide structure.
2. Break tasks into smaller chunks:
Breakdown any task into smaller manageable tasks. Have a task list up on a wall and write down any and all tasks the child needs to finish. This way they know what needs to be done and when they need to get it done by.
3. Create a quiet corner:
Create a small quiet space for your child where they can do their homework, reading and have some time to themselves. Make this place a quiet distraction free area for them. Keep this place neat and organized at all times.
4. Promote wait-time:
Children with ADHD often speak out without thinking of what they are saying. It is important to encourage thoughtful responses while doing any work or reading a book. It is important to teach your child how to think before speaking.
5. Declutter the space:
Children with ADHD welcome distractions such as television, video games and computer games. These encourage impulsive behaviour and thus should be regulated. Decreasing time with electronics and increasing time doing engaging activities outside the home, will give your child an outlet for any built-up energy.
Infant mortality is still very high in India.
40% infant mortality occurs in first 30 days of birth.
50% of these death can be prevented by simple measure like cleanliness,hand hyegine, preventing hypothermia and breast feeding, which require just public education and awareness.
Important causes of maternal mortality are anaemia,preeclapsia,eclapsia.sepsis and post partumhaemorrage.
These can be prevented by early institutional care,early registration for pregnancy care and institutional delivery.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.
My 3 months baby boy. When he born known us TEF problem. So operate him now he take feed well but he suffering from lots of cough. Suggest me what I do. I'm very worried about him. Please.
My daughter is 5 years old. Now a days after eating little bit of breakfast, she has stomach pain & vomiting. But in noon & night she is eating well. What is the reason for this symptoms?
My 1years 2months baby had febrile seizure last month for first time and I have got some solution from doctors through Lybrate. Thanks for all of them. Now my query is that, is it not possible to restrict febrile seizure permanently, that it should not attack the baby in future. And also suggest me either any chances of this disorder will appear due cold or caught.
Learning disability is a term used to cover a wide range of learning problems. A learning disability is not a problem with intelligence or motivation, the brain is simply wired differently. This difference affects how you receive and process information. Children and adults with learning disabilities see, hear, and understand things differently. This can cause problems with learning new information and skills and putting them to use. The most common types of learning disabilities involve problems with reading (Dyslexia), writing (Dysgraphia) and math (Dyscalculia).
Once identified, it can be difficult to find the right way to help the child understand new concepts. Here are some tips for both parents and teachers:
1. Play word games: Playing word association games will help the child learn new words as well as help them remember old ones. Repeated exposure to the words will further help the child learn.
2. Don’t rush: It is important to be patient with the child. Once you have a better understanding of the learning disability, it is important to not rush them when learning new concepts. Let them work at their own pace. It is also important to remember to give the encouragement they need while learning.
3. Be creative: Use different methods of teaching. You can use art or writing to help them better understand concepts and ideas. If you allow them to use the tools they feel comfortable with, it will help you teach the child better and also encourage them to continue their learning.
4. Use clay: Clay is a very versatile tool which help you teach different concepts. You can mould it into different letters to teach the alphabet or different words to teach various concepts. This can also help improve the child’s fine motor skills and ability to grasp several concepts.
My 80 days old baby is sucking finger badly even after breastfed, how can I help him to rid of this habit?
Hello Doctor, I am 24 year, my baby is about a month & I stated feeding but after a month my left side breasts nipple is very paining every time he sucks for milk and after that also he remains pain. And as right breast is not so pain. When I do small massage around the nipple it feels so relax but after feeding paint starts. 2) at the time of feeding I also feels very thirsty? Why it is cause of that? Please help me out doctor.
HI My 3 years old daughter is having severe cold, cough and sometimes runny nose and sometimes it gets blocked along with fever sometimes from last Saturday. Being very restless in night sleep. Have consulted a very good Paediatrician and giving medicines at regular intervals and feeding food somewhat at time. But till now no improvement and condition gets worse day by day. If it continues the same what should I do next. Being worried a lot. Expecting your help. Thank you. Medicines: Advent drop Syrup 5 ml - 0 - 5 ml Ambrola Syrup 3 ml - 0 - 3 ml.
My baby is suffering from fever due to urinary track infections. He is having antibiotics and paracetamol but fever is not going away. What should I do?
Suvarna prashan sanskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in ayurveda for children.
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
This vaccination is the most superior one when compared to the modern vaccinations like bcg; polio drops; hepatitis; etc. As they have many other side-effects too.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)