Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HirayathYour feedback matters!
I am 8 months pregnant now. My baby weight is only 1 kg. How to increase the weight of baby. Please tell Me what to eat for increase the weight.
My son age 4 and half years now he suffered illness with cough next 7days. I visit and consulting Dr. Child specialist and his condition is but not well. Dr. Advise mri, ct screen and ecg. My questions is how can he good health.
I had 1 month girl baby since born she is not crying and not drinking milk please advise me what can I do ?
Hi, My son is 3 yrs 7 months. He has developed the following symptoms over last 2 days: runny nose and watery eyes mild fever congestion coughing at night morning cough due to which he vomited. Is the above symptoms for common cold? What should be the treatment?
Respected sir's/ madam, I need a baby milk powder it's name - neocate infant dha/ara (nutricia company). Urgent need, many distributors said that they are unabel to supply, please sir help a 1n half month baby she have some food alergey. Thanks,
Nw my baby 8th month old. Male baby. .now I have cold. What medicine I vl take cn you tel me. Y I am asking na breastfeeding to baby. My baby also having cold. What I vl do .can you tel medicine for me and my baby.
Sir kindly advise recent blood report of my son are as under 1. ALP 769 U/L 2. Calcium 10.2 mg/dl 3. Phosphorus 5.1 mg/dl 4. Calcium serum 9.8 mg/dl 5. PTH 53.9 pg/ml may please advise what problem is with him.
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
My child is a 4 year old. But he have a problem, that he is suffer fever frequently between 24-30 days continued. What shall I do at first ? But I had consulted with a doctor and prescribe some medicine, but not works properly. What shall I do, at first for my child ?
My child is seven years old, cared for her very much. He does not have any work carefully. My child is good at studies, but he does not read the carefully. While studying, he seems to make the picture. What to do?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Kid is 5.5 months old suffering from cold and congestion giving nasal drops any medication for congestion. No fever.
Hai sir/madam I have 8 months baby girl she was doing loose motions daily 8 times last 4 days onwards and fruits mango watermelon giving daily and mother feeding giving and kindly give any suggestions.
My daughter 3.5 years old by mistake had diabetic (glyco mat) tablet, within a seconds we take out from her mouth, what is the short run side-effect, what is long run-effect?
My baby born at 30 weeks .birth weight :1.515 now she's 7 month old her weight 5.910 .she's doesn't like anything except breast milk. When I feed her food n lactogen she takes only 1 tablespoon .more than that she's crying. Pls give some suggestions?
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.