Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Hiranmayi SeshuYour feedback matters!
tomorrow there is my ADC Exam, I want to stay awake All Night I have taken Redbull Still I'm Feeling Sleepy Please Help Me! I want to stay awake all night today Please help me Fast Please give me some working tips to stay awake without Coffee, Redbull, Caffeine etc.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping all time .Please help me.
Sir I am suffering from huge depression from last few weeks pls suggest me so that I can get rid of it.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fill very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am suffering from depression because of my family and my 12th class examination this whole makes my mind so depressed I feel that I just want to suicide please resolve my problem what can I do doctor because ist is God than after God there is doctor.
Do girls feel similar effects of infatuation (like attracting to some guy. As guys do feel for girls at age of 18-23.
I am a regular marijuana smoker and I smoke about 3 pots a day. Can you tell me the consequences or the I'll effects?
What to do if I want to change my behaviour and the way of reacting to different things and situations.
The main thing is that even I taking sleeping pills like Rivotril 0.5mgx2 tablets before sleeping, the mind keeps working on any problems, and I do not get sleep before 4 or 5AM. Ofcourse I get up late at about 10 or 11 AM. Again sleeping the afternoon for 1 to 1.5 hours. I am retired. Please advise. Prem.
Sir, My wife is affected by depression aged about 54. Refusing to attend a hospital/psychiatrist for treatment/consultancy. It is very difficult to manage her daily. Please give the solution.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
A patient suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. It is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. Patients suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone.
Causes of BPD:
- Neglect and/or sexual abuse
- Some kind of childhood trauma like abandonment
- Loss of a dear one
- Neuro-chemical disturbance in the brain
- Genetic vulnerability
- Prolonged and chronic stress or anxiety
Symptoms of BPD:
- Disturbing thoughts: One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings: The patient often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis. 4. Suicidal feelings and attempts.
- Intense but unstable relationships: Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
- Impulsive behavior: Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.