Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. HemarajYour feedback matters!
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
- Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
- Soups and warm water: Drink warm water, soup or broth, and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
- Turmeric/Ginger root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
- Spicy food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing severely blocked sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
- Apply warm packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
- Take a steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 23 years old boy I can't able ear on right side on my small age self more than 20 year I am ear in left side ear oly now days left side earING also decrease no pain neck pain oly coming many time what to do for pls suggest me.
I am 20 year old student, I get sneezing everyday in the morning, I don't know y. Can you help me for this?
My right side of the nose always get blocked whenever I sleep. I was using nasivion nasal spray for long but now a days I have stopped using it as I have heard it has lots of I'll effect on health. Nevertheless I did CT scan where the right side of my nose has been shown as blocked with mucus. I feel helpless. Kindly help Regards Soumya Mukherjee.
How to resolve the sinus problem. My nose has suffer from sinus. Please suggest some home made solution. Thanks.
Summary Sex : - Male Date of Birth : - 20/10/2010 Current Age : - 4 Year, 3 months Weight at the time of birth : - 3300 kms. Present weight- : - 18 Kg Delivery Mode : - LSCS Blood Group : - O (+ve) Patient is suffering from enlarged adenoids as well as acute nose block problem during slip due to allergy, his nose always remain discharged (thick and thin liquid may vary from time to time) Regarding his health issues we have discussed many doctors, but doctors are telling that he had allergic problem or Low immune system to resist Dust, Cold & smoke mainly. As he comes touch with cold, smoke and dust, his nose begin discharged, split coming out of the mouth during sleeping, facing acute problem in breathing then fever and cough had difficulties to him, If any medical treatment not given to him within 2-3 days, then his position becomes critical. We had given him an antibiotic and anti allergic tablets as advised by doctors, but from three years nine months, he is suffering same problem and doctors are telling as he will grow up, his immunity will improve as a result day by day his problem will cure. We have discussed with many Child specialists and ENT who told us to avoid surgery for adenoids because enlarged adenoids will cure by self with the time now main problem of nose block during slip is to be cured, because breathing from mouth may also cause of throat infection. When he go out then he has to face dust, smoke and pollution everything that all was beyond our control. So what to do, I am very worried about his health issues. So, we hope your Excellency will look into this matter and suggest as deemed fit for a child health and future. Further, if you required any Diagnostics / reports then please let me know accordingly I will send you.
I started having symptoms a year ago. My vision went blurry, my ears started ringing & I got so dizzy. I have pressure in my ears like they are full and they both ring constantly. I am 27 years old male, I most definitely can't see straight, as my vision is just not right. Its making everything looks like blurry and foggy. I feel light headache, vertigo and inability to concentrate. I have Tmj also. Can tmj cause tinnitus?
Hi, Actually from 2 days I am suffering from tonsillitis. Until now have not taken any medicine. I want you to suggest me some medicines for tonsillitis. And I have also suffered before like this. In body it's too weakness and fever+common cold and I am feeling very uneasiness. Please tell me what to do. Looking forward for your answer. Thank you.
The nose for sure must be one organ that most people are unhappy about. Almost everybody has a complaint about the way the nose looks sharp, rounded, blunt, too short, too long, the list can be quite long. Now everyone with these complaints has a reason to cheer and that reason is rhinoplasty. Corrections of the nasal shape or rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures and is extremely common.
If you are unhappy with your nose, read on to know more and then decide if you want to go for it.
What is it?
It involves modifying the bones and the cartilage (in the upper and lower parts) of the nose to achieve desired and improved aesthetic results – narrowing it, heightening the bridge, refining the tip, removing bumps, etc. This correction is done either through an incision in the inside of the nose or the outside so that cartilage and bone can be manipulated to achieve the desired shape. Additional cartilage can be used either from the septum or the back of the ear or very rarely ribs to fill and make it longer.
There are some things to consider before going for a nose job
- Do it for the right reasons: Psychological disorders where people are obsessed with their appearance is not a reason for going under the knife. Then there will be another body part which is not perfect; it will just go on. A better-looking nose can definitely improve the appearance, but remember that perhaps that long pointed nose that you admire may not look good on your face.
- Set expectations: Talk to your surgeon about what will work best for you and have a detailed discussion. Else, you might have to go for a second surgery (what is known as secondary rhinoplasty, which is also quite common)! Remember that the result of the correction should be an improvement from what it was and not a perfect nose.
- Age: Skeletal development should be complete before going for a nose job. This means girls no younger than 17 to 18 and boys no younger than 18 should go for it. Although obsessing with looks starts quite young in life, wait for nature to run its complete course of growth before going for manual intervention.
- Cost: Done purely for cosmetic reasons, health insurance does not cover nose jobs, and prepare for the cost.
- Recovery: The first week after surgery, you would be using a nasal pack or a splint. There could also be facial swelling and discomfort and restrictions on going out in the sun, exercise, and contact sports. So, plan for it accordingly.
Have an open heart talk with your doctor about the entire procedure before going for it! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I have acidity and anxiety. I am so confused. But constipation, chest tighten, back pain, upper abdomen pin, stomach fullness, dizziness, heartbeat racing sometime, sensation and rarely chest little pain and burning also stomach, headache and fuzzy head, cough in throat. Some kind sensation in throat. tasteless, burping, teeth eroding. And weakness, muscle pain and nervousness.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!