Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemanth SakhareYour feedback matters!
Asthma is a common disease, characterized by the inflammation of the airways. These airways are responsible for the passage of air and therefore their inflammation causes shortness of breath and extreme discomfort. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways to deal with this problem, Ayurveda with its emphasis on natural remedies has emerged as a clear favorite. According to Ayurveda, it is the stomach that is the source of all chronic diseases. The science believes that as impurities accumulate in our system, diseases like asthma come to the fore.
The different ways by which Ayurveda treats asthma are:
- Maintaining a proper diet: Since stomach is identified as the source of most diseases, any attempt to treat them should begin from the stomach itself. Ayurveda believes that those foods, which are easy to digest, inevitably helps in relieving you from the bouts of asthma. The concept that operates behind this is that easily digestible food provides nutrients, which are further absorbed by the tissues. This helps in rebuilding the strong strength as well as keeps the stomach in a sound condition.
- Herbal oil massage: A daily massage with herbal oil has always proved to have an extremely soothing and a calming effect on your system. Ideally the massage should be performed before taking a bath as it increases the blood circulation and pacify the nervous system.
- Exercise: Ayurveda is perhaps the only branch of medicine that gives equal priority to medications as well as exercises. It is believed that stretching and those exercises that facilitate flexibility can markedly reduce bouts of asthma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm 24 year old. From last 60 days I've been working in office for 14-16 hrs continuously which gave me back pain and I'm not comfortable now to sit and work. I took rest and slept two days for 10-12 hrs but still I'm not able to sit and work like before. Will it become normal after some days or do I need to take any medicines?
Sir. Mere dick kr niche Jo do goliyan hoti h unme se ek me charbi ikkthi ho gyi h, to iska kya matalab h, kya yah natural h ya fir isse koi problem ho sakti h, please help me.
Yesterday I have done sex for the first time and bleeding happens. Even today morning I found little bleeding. Is it normal?
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental illness. A patient suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. It is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. Patients suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone. They fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life.
It usually starts affecting the patient's life from early adulthood. It however seems to improve with age. The patient also has distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
The signs of suffering from BPD are listed below:
- Intense and frantic effort to avoid abandonment or loneliness
- Unstable relationships with people and changing the attitude towards them drastically. It can change from being in immense love with each other to intense hatred.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings-The patient often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis.
- Suicidal feelings and attempts
- Tendency to cause self harm or destruction by drug abuse, driving irresponsibly or be having unprotected sex
- Reflecting intense depression
- Chronic boredom
- Sudden anger and hostility
Causes for Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder can be caused due to multiple reasons. Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to patients who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the patient's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Diagnosis: There is no particular clinical test that can diagnose BPD. It can be diagnosed by a series of interactive session with the patient by a psychiatrist.
Treatment: The treatment of BPD involves three steps- psychotherapy, medications and support from peer and family. Dialectical Behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy are used in treating the patient. There are no specific medicines to cure identity crisis, boredom and loneliness. However, other symptoms like mood swings, depression and anxiety can be treated with anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Antipsychotic drugs are also helpful to a certain extent. In extreme cases, hospitalization may be needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.