Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemanth
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. HemanthYour feedback matters!
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain dueto disc problems?
Ansh my son age appx 4year having knees locking problem is there any therapy or any other method to get it rectify.
I am suffering from frozen shoulder I can not move my shoulder clock wise or anticlock wise. Suggest me homeopathic medicine for this.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS A SIMPLIFIED VERSION FOR PATIENTS UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.
In the technologically advanced era one lives in, it is pretty much easy to use up one’s entire day glued to the digital screens; right from checking the social media updates while commuting to sitting before the computer for everyday work. Yet nobody is aware of the fact that apart from creating a social gap, these electronic gadgets can take a toll on their postures too.
- You lean against your desks with your neck leaned forward in an attempt to grasp what is on the computer screen and your hand on your mouse scrunched up on one side. Sadly, human body was never designed to pose in such a consorted way resulting in adverse side effects.
- The head usually weighs 10 to 12 pounds on an average when it is balanced evenly over the shoulders. However, with each extra tilt forward, the weight on your spine might escalate up to 60 pounds and even beyond that. Excessive weight on the spine can lead to its subsequent collapse.
- Too much use of tablets and smart phones for swiping or texting can cause inflamed index fingers, thumb joints and tendons. You tend to suffer from wrist pain, enfeebled grip or popping sound while moving the fingers. Typing with one thumb without giving considerable breaks in between can also exert stress on the fingers.
- Hunched over, shoulders slumped and necks bent down are the ways majority of the people use their electronic gadgets. This can trigger misalignment of the spine aggravating your health. Spine protects the nervous system, coordinating and controlling various functions of the body. Any sort of disruption might render a drastic consequence.
- Poor posture impacts the ligaments and muscles in a negative way giving way to a series of complications such as gastrointestinal problems, back or neck pain or severe curvature of the spine, heightening the risk of arterial or pulmonary problems.