Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 23 years old male and having fever from last 2 weeks. It is coming down and again going up. Whenever I try to get up from the bed I feel like dizziness and everything becomes black in front of my eyes. I can not even get up and walk. What should I do? Chat Conversation End.
I have been suffering from cough n cold since long but it comes I take meds n it goes again it come. N as if now I hav been experiencing a very bad cough which I coming from within as if my lungs will come out n my nose usually gets filled with mucus n while flushing it it smells like kind of rotten eggs. Is it TB. I am really scared. Wil any one help me identify wats gonin on. Is it really TB.
I am 19 years old. Due to shortage of platelets I have white patches on my hands and legs. I am having these patches by birth. Right now my platelets count is 25000. What medicines should I intake to cure it permanently? What other precautions should I take to avoid further growth of these patches?
Am 32 years old I have very bad spinal pain I can' t walk far n stand for even 20 mins ta pain starts in spine n down to legs what exactly I need to consult orthopedic even am anemic so please suggest me ?
I am suffering from extreme cough for last 5 months I am a daily smoker and live in delhi which has verypoor air quality.
I am 21 years old. I have fewer like sickness anytime and many a time. Vitamins and medicine cannot help me even after so many prescription by doc. Due to which o am so thin and weak. What should I do.
My Son has white patches on neck and forehead. It is spreading rapidly.I need your help to resolve this problem.
I am having nasal polyps since 3 years. I have already done with ct and pns of nose. And the local ranchi doctors are saying for immediate surgery. Bt I am scared of this and could be able to decide where is the best hospital in india or about doctor to get surgery done. Because the doctor which I consulted to told me no guarantee of full success. Some may be life risk. I m really scared of it. So suggest me sir actual feedback and advice where to get treatment. Thanx in advance.
While cooking, one ingredient you cannot be without is oil. This is an essential ingredient in all types of cooking and no matter how little you put, a significant amount will still get into your body. Thus, it is of prime importance that you choose your cooking oil carefully. There are options, which are healthier than others and it is advisable to lean more on these options compared to the normal ones available in the market.
Considerations before choosing healthy cooking oils
It is important to not get into the marketing hype of various brands, which claim to be healthy cooking oils. Basic ingredients, no matter how refined, will still dictate how healthy the oil is. Some facts to consider are:
- You would want oils which are stable at high temperatures and don't oxidize easily. If oils oxidize easily, they form free radicals, which are harmful for your health.
- Unhealthy oils, even at lower temperatures will form polyunsaturated fats and thus, look for oils which have less of it.
Here are some healthy alternatives to the commonly found vegetable oils which are high in polyunsaturated fats.
- Olive oil: One of the staples and heroes of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil has long been the favorite of healthy cooking champions. It is good for the heart as it lowers LDL and encourages the growth of good cholesterol or HDL. It is also very low in polyunsaturated fats. You should try to go for extra virgin olive oil, although other variations are still better than normal vegetable oils.
- Palm oil: Also low in polyunsaturated fats, palm oil is rich in vitamin E and many other nutrients which make it a very healthy alternative to the normal vegetable oils you would usually buy from the market.
- Coconut oil: This variety of oil tends to have the least amount of polyunsaturated fats and is being touted as the healthiest alternative to normal cooking oils. Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid which helps to improve cholesterol levels within the body and is also know to have antibacterial properties.
- Avocado oil: Another healthy alternative, it may be a little difficult to find in the shelves as it is still uncommon. Again, this oil is also very low in unsaturated fats and is thus, similar to olive oil. You can use this oil for cooking or serve it cold as garnishing for dishes as well.
Indian market offers variety in oils and one can choose from sesame, ricebran, sunflower, safflower, canola , coconut and pure ghee too. Changing or rotating oils is healthy as it gives the body different essential fatty acids which it needs; for example we need a healthy blend of mono -unsaturates (50%) polyunsaturates ((30%) and saturated fatty acids(20%). However, you should consult your physician as to, which oil will be best for you.