Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dr, I had protected intercourse on 14th day of my menstrual cycle. However, the first few seconds were unprotected. Out of fear, I took Ipill after 15 hours. Now, it's been 7 days since I took Ipill. Still, no bleeding (neither BTB nor periods). I am very scared as I read that even few seconds of penetration can cause pregnancy and also, I was in my fertile window. Next expected period is on 19th May. Please let me know if I can take serum beta HCG test to rule out any risk? Does no BTB means I am at risk? Also, what are my chances of being pregnant.
I am married its been 5 months now my wife as no signs of pregnancy after intercourse when I remove penis out of vagina sperms come out is it common.
If you are into healthy eating, but like a dose of fat in your diet, we have a surprise for you. Not all fats are unhealthy. Saturated fats should be taken as a part of your diet while trans-fat should be banished. There are a lot of fats that are healthy and can actually help in promoting good health.
So read on to know how to eat lots of fat and still be healthy!
- Avocados: Avocados contain a monounsaturated fat that goes by the name of Oleic Acid. This also has numerous health benefits and is known as a super food that gives us Omega-3 fatty acids. It even contains plenty of potassium.
- Cheese: Remember to have a slice of cheese the next time you find yourself avoiding that mandatory glass of milk. Cheese is known as a great source of protein, calcium and vitamin B 12 as well as phosphorous. It also contains fatty acids that can even reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Dark Chocolate: A small dose of dark chocolate a day can actually keep skin damage and cardiac disease at bay. That's the result of medical studies. This superfood can also encourage better brain function thanks to the fact that it is rich in iron, magnesium, copper and other nutrients as well as essential fats.
- Eggs: The fats found in eggs do not affect the cholesterol levels in the blood, which makes it the ideal source of essential and healthy fats as well as protein and calcium. Eggs can protect the eyes from wear and tear thanks to the heavy element of choline. Plus, it also known as a weight loss friendly food.
- Fish: Fish and other seafood have proven health benefits thanks to the Omega-3 fatty acids, which can actually aid you in your weight loss journey and keep your heart healthy. This lean protein also helps in giving you essential nutrition when ingested on a regular basis.
- Seed Oil: Sunflower, olive oil and flaxseed oil have healthy fats with proven health benefits for everyone. The fats present in this kind of oil are very healthy and can actually help in retaining the good health of bones.
- Nuts: Dry fruit, almonds, figs, pistachios and raisins help in giving you your daily dose of natural fats that are healthy. You can munch on these for essential vitamins and minerals along with the fat content.
Improve your overall health as well as the quality of your hair and skin with these essential and healthy fats!
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition.
Hi doctor My periods were on time. I have taken periods postpone table 4 months back after that 2 months I had issue in my regular cycle last month it was fine and came to Normal cycle however now I am due for 45 days. pregnancy test showed negative. Can I be still pregnant or is it still effect of those 3 (norethisterone) tablet which I took to postpone. The day when I am due for my periods I had body pains. 1st week had light fever. Bolting stomach now I don't have any symptoms much but feel very hungry and poking sensation in stomach. please help.
Is there any permanent solution for pcod. I am 27 years old unmarried girl suffering this since last 7 years. Will I have problems after marriage? what are the remedies for it? in past I have consulted three doctors and all are saying there is no permanent solution.
Sir my wife's periods starts from 10th of April in night and her menstrual cycle is about 28 days. So may I know her ovulation period. And which date have very high chance for conceiving the baby.
I am married and having 1 year old kid. We decided to for next kid after 3 years. I am using condom for sexual intercourse. My partner some times have hitching problem. Any other advice for avoiding pregnancy. Also during sexual intercourse sperm comes immediately during penetration. Pls advice for having increased time for sexual intercourse.
Hiiii doctor Iam sunitha I had a sex 2months before (October) After that 1st month I got my period regularlyAnd now 2month 12days over now iam having symptoms of getting period but No period Iam a pregnant?
I am on periods but compared to last month this month periods are very less, I am worried about it. Please let me know.
At the same time take up some routine physical exercise walk at least 40 minutes a day 4 - 5 times a week. Add some strength training since it burns fat even after exercise session. Yoga has specific asanas to reduce abdominal fat. Take up strength training and yoga for at least 20 minutes 3 - 4 times a week
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.