Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Hegde R KYour feedback matters!
Hello has a right elbow fracture at two month back and implanted two plate .but within two month one plate was broken and for resurgery to exchange the plate was suggested. Now is it safe to make resurgery within this short period.
I am having headache since 6 months or so. It's never fixed but whenever I listen to music or watch LCD for longer time or travel in metro and many other times without reason, mostly the left and right side pains. And after sometime it gets ok automatically, but it happens once a day atleast. What should I do?
Long Term Health Consequences of PCOS
You are at greater risk of developing the following long-term health problems if you have PCOS:
1) Insulin resistance and diabetes
If your blood glucose does not stay normal, this can lead to diabetes. One or two in every ten women with PCOS go on to develop diabetes at some time. If you have PCOS, your risk of developing diabetes is increased further if you:
- Are over 40 years of age
- Have relatives with diabetes
- Developed diabetes during a pregnancy (known as gestational diabetes)
- Are obese (body mass index or BMI over 30).
2) High blood pressure
Women with PCOS tend to have high blood pressure, which may be related to insulin resistance and to being overweight, rather than the PCOS itself. High blood pressure can lead to heart problems and should be treated.
3) Heart disease in later life
Developing heart disease is linked to health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If you have a high cholesterol level you may be advised to take medication (statins) to reduce the risk of heart problems.
If you have less than three periods in a year), the endometrium (lining of the uterus) can thicken and this may lead to endometrial cancer in a small number of women.There are different ways to protect the lining of the womb using the hormone progesterone. You should visit your doctor if you are having lesser number of periods in a year. She will then prescribe a medicine to help you get the period. PCOS does not increase your chance of breast, cervical or ovarian cancer.
5) Depression and mood swings
The symptoms of PCOS may affect how you see yourself and how you think others see you. It can lower your self-esteem.
6) Snoring and daytime drowsiness
PCOS can lead to fatigue or sleepiness during the day. It is also associated with snoring.
Sir im 22 year old and I use to go washroom to urinate before sleep even some times in a month (2 to 3 times) I'm making bed wetting (urinate on my bed) in my sleep. Is it normal or not? Last couple of days I was do bed wetting in my sleep at midnight after that my mom took off my wet pants & make me naked and tell me to sleep naked, even I got some itching and rashes around my private parts how to get rid from it. And when my mom was pulling down my wet pants to make me naked, I was got a little scratch from her nails on the tip of my penis. Will it occur any problem for my penis in future?
Hi! m aayush frm Rajasthan. Nd m suffering from night fall thtz making my body everyday very weak it's like out of control. I consultant with many doctors BT hve nt get the right solution till. My body s damaging with long stretched marks occurring on my joints of body like big Scratch's of any animal. I think it's signs of m losing proteins, vitamins nd calcium. Most important DETERIORATION of blood in high quantity. I need treatment which really help me in this situation!
I can't sleep at night. But I can sleep fine at day light. Should I take sleeping pills? And my left eye is blinking most of the time. What should I do?
Wife pregnate ho tb kitne weeks tk uske sath sex kiya jaa Sakta hai. Yani jaise pregnancy ke 1,2,3. Month baad sex krr sakte hai kya? Aur baby ho jaaye uske kitten week baad sex krr sakte hai?
My Dad's sonography tells that he has moderate left pleural effusion, what does that mean and what should we do now? His age is 55 years and he is not addicted to anything and he has BP problem.
For last one month I am feeling a light pressure in my forehead. It seems I will fall down. No energy, confusion and sleepy. Please suggest me how can I come over this.
I am suffering from loose motions every now and then the moment I have spicy food my stomach goes for a toss, so I kindly request you to give me a good treatment wherein I can get rid of this issue ASAP. Best Regards,
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.