Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harshitha MYour feedback matters!
I have hair fall problem. I tried so Many shampoos to get rid of this. But no use of that. Please suggest one way which makes my hair healthy and long.
How to get rid of hyper pigmentation effectively
If you are having a difference in your skin tone or patches on your skin, you might be suffering from hyper pigmentation. In this article you will find all about hyper pigmentation, like (i) what hyper pigmentation is? (ii) what causes hyper pigmentation; and finally (iii) how to get rid of hyper pigmentation naturally.
Hyper pigmentation is not a serious medical condition, but it makes you look old. It's very disturbing and embarrassing when one has dark patches and uneven skin tone. Skin pigmentation can occur to anyone regardless of one's gender, race or age. It's not difficult to treat and get flawless skin.
What is hyper pigmentation?
Mostly there are two types of pigmentation abnormalities that can happen:
I) Hyper pigmentation: It's usually a harmless condition and described as darkening of certain areas of skin, which happens due to overproduction of melanin or pigment. It looks like brown or tan spots on the skin. This is also sometimes called as melasma.
(ii) hypo pigmentation: on the other hand hypo pigmentation is a condition when the melanin or pigmentation production is slowed down and patches of lighter skin or whiter in color appears.
Hyper pigmentation treatments
There are several treatments available, like over-the-counter creams, chemical peels, laser treatment, etc. For fast recovery. If your condition is serious, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist. It is also a good idea to visit a dermatologist before selecting any of the over-the-counter skin pigmentation remedies. However, for those who don't want to go for expensive, harsh or chemical loaded products, here are some natural remedies, which are quite effective and use only the natural ingredients available in the kitchen.
Home remedies to reduce skin pigmentation
1. Potato: potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
2. Lemon juice and honey: mix lemon juice and pure organic honey in equal proportions. Apply over the affected areas. Whereas lemon acts as natural bleach, the honey has moisturizing properties. However, as lemon is acidic so avoid this remedy in case you are having sensitive skin.
3. Aloe vera juice or aloe vera juice + vitamin e: aloe vera has natural soothing and healing properties. Squeeze out aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf and store this in a bottle in refrigerator. Apply this gel over the affected areas for 20 minutes. It works to slough off older skin cells and regenerate the newer ones. To enhance its effectiveness break one vitamin e capsule and add its contents to the gel.
4. Milk and honey: mix milk and honey. You may also add a little curd to this. Milk and curd have lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin. This natural remedy helps in reducing skin pigmentation.
5. Cucumber juice: cucumber juice is an effective home remedy in removing skin pigmentation, lightening dark spots and fading blemishes. Apply the cucumber juice alone or mix it with honey and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this over the affected areas, regularly once a day, for half an hour and then wash it off.
6. Orange peel: mix dry, powdered orange peel with cold milk (un-skimmed and un-boiled) and a little honey to make out a thick paste. Apply it gently over the pigmented skin and patches; let it sit there for half an hour then wash it off.
7. Tomato, oatmeal and yogurt: tomato acts as natural bleach. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber.
Squeeze out tomato juice and add 2 tsp. Of oatmeal and 1/2 tsp. Of yogurt. Apply this mixture gently on the pigmented skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes to dry and then wash it off. This mixture works as an effective home remedy for removing skin pigmentation. Try this remedy daily to see the positive results.