Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshitha M
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Harshitha MYour feedback matters!
If you are observing an uneven skin tone in some specific areas, you are bound to get concerned. Uneven skin tone or hyperpigmentation usually occurs due to an excessive production of melanin. Excess melanin is produced by the body because of sun exposure, hormonal changes and due to scarring. Your appearance gets affected, if you develop uneven skin tone. There are several ways to correct uneven skin tone. They are as follows:
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking lots of water leads to a beautiful and healthy skin. The skin is made of 75% water and thus, drinking adequate amount of water leads to enhanced skin health and appearance. Water helps in cleaning the skin inside out and improves your skin tone drastically.
- Apply sunscreen daily: The damage from sun exposure and the harmful rays of the sun leads to uneven skin tone. Wear sunscreen before going out in the sun for preventing further damage due to sun exposure. After using it for some time, your uneven skin tone improves.
- Keep your skin hydrated: Uneven skin tone may result from oily skin and acne, and you should use a moisturizer regularly for its elimination. Keeping the skin well-moisturized and clean helps in the management of uneven skin tone. There are different types of moisturizers available, and you must choose one, which suits your skin the best. Certain moisturizers help in balancing your skin tone.
- Baking soda paste: Baking soda is effective in the treatment of several skin issues. It exfoliates the skin and does not affect it in any way. You can prepare a paste of baking soda by mixing it with water and applying it on your skin. This helps in fixing uneven skin tone, which has been caused due to scarring and sun damage.
- Yoghurt mask: Yoghurt contains natural bleaching agents, which improve the skin tone and exfoliate the skin effectively. It helps in lightening the effects of scars, suntan and uneven pigmentation. A yoghurt mask must be applied on your face several times a week for improved skin tone. You can prepare the paste by adding a small amount of water to fresh yoghurt.
- Milk powder paste: Milk, similar to yoghurt, is used for improving your skin’s health. The bleaching agents in milk help in making your skin tone even. You need to take some milk powder and add milk to prepare a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face for getting the much improved skin tone.
Other natural remedies which are used in the correction of uneven skin tone include sugar scrub, sandalwood masks, tomato pulps, papayas and several others, which work efficiently without any side effects.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!