Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harshita RamamurthyYour feedback matters!
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Meri shade ko 10months hue he 1st time 2 months me pregnant hue thi. But baby Abbort karna pada. Wife abhitak pregnant nae ho rae he pls suggest treatment for me.
As one of the oldest tree foods to be cultivated by humans, walnuts have long since been known as a wonder fruit that can treat and manage many diseases, even as it ensures that one gets to enjoy many other health and cosmetic benefits. This is a nutrient-laden dry fruit that can be eaten in any season and can also be used as a healthy snack.
Read on to know how walnuts can help you in the health department!s
- Weight Management: One can obtain weight loss by switching deep fried and other snacks with this fruit as the snack of choice. This will help in weight loss because it is known to be loaded with many ounces of protein as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which can make your metabolism work overtime so that you end up burning all that useless fat. Regular consumption of walnuts will ensure that you get the right amount of calories in just a fistful of this dry fruit. You can also combine this with almonds and raisins for a healthy breakfast, if sprinkled in your oats or any other cereals.
- Glowing Hair: If you have been facing problems like thinning hair, and hair loss as well as dandruff, then walnuts can easily come to your rescue. Eating lots of walnuts will help in restoring the oil and moisture balance of the scalp which will make your hair rich and bouncy again. You can also apply walnut oil to your scalp in order to boost the health of your hair to a great extent. This is due to the fact that walnuts contain Vitamin B7 which is known to prevent hair loss.
- Heart Disease: You can prevent a majority of cardiovascular issues and heart disease with the help of walnuts. This is due to the fact that walnuts also contain a lot of antioxidants, which can help in regulating the cholesterol levels as well. One can actually remove the bad cholesterol and keep the good cholesterol so that lifestyle issues and conditions like diabetes and heart disease can be avoided. One should have at least 28 grams of walnuts in a single day so that these kinds of diseases can be successfully prevented.
- Fertility: Walnuts are very important for male fertility. One of the main things in male fertility is the sperm, especially the quality of the same. So, if you have had a sperm test and it does not have very encouraging results, then eating walnuts can easily solve this problem along with whatever other medication you may be having for the condition. One should have at least 75 grams of walnuts every day in order to increase the vitality of the sperm for those men who fall in the age group of 21 years to 35 years of age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Me and my wife having sex from last 6 months but still she didn't got pregnant. Can you help me please that what should be the problem there behind this?
Hi. I became mother of twins 15 days back. But the problem is my breast milk is not much. What could be the reason for it? Kindly suggest what should I do and what other substitute can be used for breast milk?
My wife took I pill and we committed unsafe sex in 24 hrs of taking pill. Will she get pregnant please help.
Top reasons for irregular menses
? Significant amount of weight gain or loss,
? Eating disorders
? Hormonal imbalance
? IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)
? PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
? Recent child birth
? TB (Tuberculosis)
Top home remedies for Irregular periods
You must be hearing about variety of complications related to menstrual problems in ladies with the age ranging from 14 years till 50. Irregular periods can be due to variety of reasons starting from hormonal disorder, food adulteration, life style changes or that of medications. If you are suffering from irregular periods, this will be ideally known as oligomenorrhea. Some girls and women gets periods irregularly after 2 months or 3 months that is very unusual and harmful for a woman?s body. According to the experts, normal healthy lady gets menstrual range within 21 to 35 days. It will be quite usual if women have 11 to 13 periods in a year. But, anything less than this can be abnormal. In order to stay away from irregular period, some home remedies will be effective.
Irregular or delayed periods, this health condition is medically termed as oligomenorrhea. It is one of the most common problems that a number of women suffer from. Pain or twinges in the breast and heaviness in the lower abdomen, bouts of nausea, lethargic feel round the clock are some of the main problems women face as a result of irregular menstruation. There can be a number of reasons that may cause periods delayed. However, the specific reason of irregular periods differs from one woman to the other.
Home Treatments for Irregular periods
banyan tree roots
Take the roots of a banyan tree. Make sure they are fresh. Boil it in a cup of water for about 10 minutes. Add 2-3 tbsp of cow?s milk to this decoction and have it at bedtime daily. This potion can also help you regularize your menstrual cycle to a great extent.
Fennel seeds or saunf can also help you regulate your monthly periods. In order to have them, you need to mix 2 tbsp of fennel seeds in 1 glass water and let it stay overnight. Strain the water using a muslin cloth or strainer and drink it. Make sure to have this potion daily for positive results.
Grapes are also considered useful for regularising irregular periods. Drinking grape-juice on daily basis can help you a great deal. Apart from that, you can also eat raw grapes and make it a part of your diet. This will help you in the long run. However, excessive consumption of grapes is not good. It can cause loose motions
I'm 23 years old female. Married. I am getting my periods late from last 2 months. And we are trying for a baby from last 6 months but not getting a baby. please tell me some solution.
Me and my girlfriend got intimated I inserted my penis a bit inside her vagina I am not sure if my sperms released in her vagina we dint had complete sex I just kept my penis near her vagina can this create a problem or there are any chance of pregnancy please help.
She is now 7 month pregnant, her haemoglobin as per her latest report is 8.8 which should be 16 according to her doctor, so please suggest what are the food ingredients she should be eat so that haemoglobin will be increase.
I am 26 year old working women suffering from PCOD. I was taking aayurvedic treatment since 2 & half years but still PCOD is there. I am not having my periods since December. I consult many doctors but not yet sort it out. My parents suggest to go for Homeopathy. Hope you will help me.
Hello. I'm 24 years lady. Please I had unprotected sex and took 2 pills of emergency contraceptive 1 hour later, then again had sex in 2 hours, please I'm I still protected.
- Lose weight if overweight or obese.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly for atleast 30mins.
- Increase the intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Choose low fat dairy products over the high fat dairy products.
- Have small frequent meals.
- Include proteins like fish, lean chicken but in baked, boiled or grilled.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Reduce the intake of salt and can use herbs, lemon.
- Avoid sugary and processed foods.
- Avoid fast food and fried food.
- Avoid saturated fats.
- Don’t take stress.