Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Harsha VardhanYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my heart. And it increases day by day. In the night it attacks more, please help me with this.
Doctor for running nose they have prescribed a tablet of composition chlorpheniramine 2mg and paracetamol 500mg, then what is the use of paracetamol In this case. The recommendation is 1 tablet thrice daily. Over dose of Paracetamol is effect to liver then why they suggested?
Hello doc I want to ask you that my husband have problems regarding sex his sexual desire is very low. We have contact 2 to 3 times in month we r trying for baby last one year but due to his less interested in sex I think it's creating problem in my conceive. He have also erectile problems also. Please tell me how can I get pregnant.
Hi I am having piles and I am experiencing some pain and it's some what visible outside as white swelling like can any one give suggestions or medicines and how long it will take to cure.
I have viewed many time that when I eat bread and milk at morning. I got urge to go to toilet for passing stool. And when I goes stool comes in liquid form and in very less quantity. Is it any disease and how to overcome this problem.
Hello sir, I am 40 years old. I was using mintop 10 for my hair loss problem. After using four months I have seen some side effects fast heartbeat, redness and irritation on skin. I have stopped using it for last two months. Kindly suggest me some remedies still I am facing side effects fast heartbeat, redness and irritation on skin.
I have red spots on my both legs, below skin, they are only at legs 3-4 month old. Does not show any itching I have allergy with ciplox. My father is heart patient. I m not diabetic, I m overweight 99 kg, height is 6 feet. I m very lazy, does not exercise sit in office only. Sleep for 8-9 hrs daily.
I am 52 years old female , recently I got a ultrasound (whole abdomen ) done the results shows enlarged fatty liver 14 is the size .i am having problem in digestion .please help and advise whats the best medicine to bring it to normal.
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.