Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harneet Kaur
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Harneet KaurYour feedback matters!
I have some pain in my stomach and leg. Doctor advised me that in our stomach there are infection. What I can do?
What is aids. How it spread to others. How much it is dangerous to other. Is it a touchable disease. How can a person come to know that he has aids.
Drug addiction is one of the social menaces and in most people, what starts off as a result of peer pressure and trying to be cool ends up affecting lives significantly. It is not just social, but also affects financial, physical, emotional, and social well-being. The small periods of happiness given by the drug is followed by months and years of torment.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has identified that drug addiction causes chemical and structural changes in the brain, leading to dangerous and self-destructive behaviours. The brain’s response to stimulus like pleasure, joy, happiness, and pain are altered with constant drug abuse. For instance, the neurotransmitter called dopamine, which makes one feel good, is usually produced by the brain in small amounts. However, drugs increase this level to 2 to 10 times more, making the person feel extremely high and happy. Since the body is unable to reach the highest level of happiness on its own, the dependency on these drugs to feel good increases.
Repeated use of the drugs leads to increased dependency, wherein the brain refuses to feel good without reaching those high levels of dopamine. The issue is mostly seen in teenagers and young adults but can be seen in any age group.
October 2 is recognised as National Anti-Drug Addiction Day and nationwide campaigns and drives are done to help people overcome addiction. One of the main reasons a drive this size is required is because of the social stigma attached to the problem. Most families shun away from recognising it as a problem that can be easily treated, and so the affected person is sucked deeper into the problem.
Overcoming addiction: One of the main success factors for treating addiction is for the affected person to recognise that he or she is addicted and needs to get rid of the problem.
- There are national toll-free helplines that are set up, which can guide through the whole program. This way, if required, anonymity is maintained and support for overcoming addiction is increased.
- It involves a group effort involving the affected person, family and friends, medical and clinical personnel, and counsellors in some cases.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy: The person is made conscious of the change in behaviour and the way drugs affect it. Healthier patterns to be happy and joyful are discussed.
- In most cases, the underlying reason for reaching out to drugs needs to be addressed also to prevent relapse.
- Group therapies where the person makes friends who have faced similar issues and overcome the problem. This increases their accountability and commitment to getting rid of the problem.
Drug abuse is a national social menace and needs more free admittance and management. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I have been married for 2 years now and are looking to have babies. I wanted to ask what to do in order to have sex for a longer period of time in one shot before I ejaculate. I want to make sure that the maximum quantity of semen goes inside the vagina. What should I do? And I normally use a standing position. Should I change it to some other position or is it fine to have sex in a standing position? To have babies.
I have piles in 2 years and please give me tips and also constipation in my stomach are hard for long time.
Dear sir I have 32 years old. I want to enlarge my penis size. My penis size is 2.5 inch and my penis erect only 60 seconds. What I have do it. Please send any medicine.
I started taking whey protein a few days ago and I see some boils have started to grow between my finger gaps and they start swelling eventually. What should I do?
I delivered baby girl on 27th September. Last month on 15TH AND 26TH I got ear block dizziness and ear ringing. I went for tests haemoglobin, urine, blood glucose, lipid profile, thyroid, vitamin b12. I need to consult a doctor. Also need to know reasons for this symptoms.
Bloating is the condition you experience when your gastrointestinal or GI tract is filled with air or gas.
It is felt as a feeling of fullness, tightness, or swelling in the abdomen. Your abdomen is usually perceptibly swollen or distended and feels hard and painful during a bloat.
Bloating is sometimes accompanied by:
- Flatulence or excessive abdominal gas
- Frequent burping or belching
- Rumbling in abdomen
Bloating and gas usually occur due to what we eat and how. This is why bloating can be controlled by making a few simple changes in diet.
Causes and prevention
There are three common causes of bloating like:
- Overeating: The foremost cause of bloating is overeating. Eating smaller portions can treat and prevent bloats. Fatty foods can cause bloating. Eating less fatty and fried foods can help. Fat also takes longer to digest than protein or carbohydrates; hence it keeps the stomach full for longer which can cause a bloat. Avoid bloating by limiting fats. Eating too fast is also a cause of bloating. Eat more slowly to avoid both bloating and overeating.
- Reducing Gas: This is the second largest cause of bloating. We may not know it but swallowed air is a big cause of abdominal gas. Gas is also produced by bacteria in the gut that help digest food. The GI tract usually moves the gas through the intestines out of the body. But, if it’s unable to do so, you can experience gas and bloating.
To avoid bloating caused by gas, you should make a note to avoid these habits that increase how much air you swallow through your mouth:
- Drinking liquids through a straw
- Chewing gum
- Drinking too many carbonated beverages
- Beans and lentils: They contain indigestible sugars called oligosaccharides which have to be broken down by bacteria in the intestines.
- Fruits and vegetables: Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, prunes, apricots are all gas-producing veggies. These contain sugars and starches that may cause bloating.
- Sweeteners: These can also cause gas and bloating. Sorbitol is an artificial sweetener popular amongst weight watchers. But the problem with it is that it can’t be digested. Similarly, Fructose sugar which is a natural sugar added to many processed foods is difficult to digest. To avoid bloating, eat less of sweeteners and curb your sweet tooth.
- Dairy: Dairy products can also cause intestinal distress and bloating, if you are lactose intolerant.
- Whole grains: These can sometimes cause bloating and gassiness. This happens because of the high fibre content in whole grains. Fibre is an indigestible carbohydrate and eating lots of it suddenly causes distress, gas, bloating, and constipation.
It’s best to slowly increase the intake of fibre in your diet to allow your body time to adjust. Also, drink more water while increasing fibre in your diet as fibre absorbs water and so water helps the fibre move through the digestive tract and prevents bloating and constipation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!