Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. HarishYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from female hair loss, but Dr Harish Prasad B.R was able to handle it. He is really like god send person. From quite some time i was suffering from pain, but never gave much importance to it. I read about Dr Harish Prasad B.R on one of the social media platform. The overall atmosphere in the Apollo Clinic is very soothing. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. It was amazing, the Apollo Clinicl was so nicely made. I am so happy that I chose Dr Harish Prasad B.R for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely.
As someone I knew, consulted Dr.Harish Prasad B.R and they referred us. He is a very practical doctor. Harish Prasad has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. the problem was intolerable, as I was suffering from greying hair, but Dr.Harish was able to handle it. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. The interior of the Apollo Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean.
Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Initially the problem of pimples was not that severe but then it became worse. Dr Harish Prasad has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Apollo Clinic. he gave me a treatment for pimples issue.
Dr Harish Prasad B.R is very talented and seasoned doctor. Apollo Clinic can handle all types of emergency cases. I consulted him for my hair loss probelm. He first found out the root cause and then stareted the treatment. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience . He handled my case with patience and helped me get rid of my hairloss. i feel better than earlier.
Over the period of time the vitiligo treatment has helped me a lot. Dr Harish is really a great. He guided me to change the attitude . Due to this problem, my daily activities were suffering but his treatment helped me immensly to get back to normal self. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. I had lost hope, but the hair health treatment given by Dr Harish Prasad B.R has helped me regain my confidence.Due to my hair health my daily activities were suffering. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient.
I was bored of my tattoo so I wanted a tattoo removal treatment. I am so happy that I chose Dr Harish for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. The complete process of tattoo removal was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
I thank Dr Harish for the oevrall skin haelth treatment he provided, benefitted me to great extent. He is a known dermatologist. The treatmnet was very quick and effective. I owe him a big thank for treating my problem so patiently.
dr Harish Prasad B.R is a very talented and experienced dr and one of the best Dermatologists. I went to see him at Apollo Clinic in banglore for treatment of my acne scars
Dr. Harish Prasad B.R provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough and inspiring. Thank you
Dr. Harish Prasad B.R provides answers that are very helpful. very gud dr harish....
Dermatology is a very vast subject and many times it crosses the medical field to the cosmetology sector, where beautiful skin maintenance is concerned. The case of mole removal, for example, is handled by dermatologists. However, while examining the moles they first confirm that they do not, in any way, pose the risk of melanoma, a type of skin cancer. In fact, it has been reported that a dermatologist in Christchurch, New Zealand is offering free checkups during weekends for melanoma. Her plight is that she lost her brother to melanoma and many people make the mistake of ignoring moles on their skin and pay the heavy price.
A Professional Way Better than Trying at Home
For exactly the reason mentioned above, if you find moles on your skin, you should have the area examined by a dermatologist. The doctor would have the right instruments to identify and check whether they are only moles and then advise the appropriate removal. If the advice from the doctor itself indicates a simple procedure at home, then you can do this. There are over the counter products, such as peels available which can be used and then the moles can be removed. For other cases, you will need to subject yourself to a proper mole removal procedure.
Simple Methods For Surgeries
Chemical peels and burning away the extra growth using Cantharidin are some of the options available to dermatologists to remove moles from your skin. They may either have their own proprietary peels made or use the ones available in the market. Either way, the dermatologist will know how to prepare the skin before applying the remedy and also after treatment care. Skin is a very sensitive part of the body and no risk can be taken. If the mole removal has to be carried out only through a surgical procedure, the dermatologist will make that decision and do it as soon as you are ready.
Again, within the surgical method of removing moles, the doctor may use very simple procedures such as a scalpel to cut and remove the mole as well as a small amount of skin and dress it up. In the next level, the doctor may have to make a proper incision and then stitch up the area around the cut portion. Care will be taken regarding the scar on the skin.
Take Care of Your Skin
Depending on which part of the world you live in, there are steps you must take to protect your skin from getting damaged. In particular, the areas, like the face, neck, shoulders and hands which are exposed to the sun or cold winds or other vagaries that pose risks to the surface of the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sweat is produced normally by the body and it also helps in keeping cool and helps in waste removal. However, only people with excessive sweating know how awful it can be with constant sweating in the armpits, groins, and feet with no reason (anxiety, warm weather, etc.).
It is an embarrassing situation, both in terms of their self image with the constant urge to wipe off sweat with a kerchief and wet underarms and palms and soaked clothes. Imagine when you are meeting someone, and the first thing you have to do is wipe your palm as it is full of sweat!!
This condition of excessive sweating is known medically as hyperhidrosis. While it is normal for people to sweat in warm weathers and in anxious situations, if someone is sweating even in cold weathers and in very routine circumstances, they could be having hyperhidrosis.
How Botox can help?
Botox is a neurotoxin extracted from a type of bacteria. Its medical benefits were accidentally discovered, when it was found that it can be used to disable cells and so can be useful in controlling and preventing ageing.
Botox became the wonder drug, which was used in getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines. It helped restore youthful looks and slowly the medical usage scope kept expanding. Using the same logic of it incapacitating the nerve ending, it also found its use in controlling hyperhidrosis.
Procedure involved in treating sweat with botox:
- What it does is that it will numb the nerve endings which supply these sweat glands, and therefore sweat production is minimized.
- It is a topical treatment and so needs to be done with a particular area in mind. The armpits, palms, forehead, and groin are the most common areas that are treated.
- For instance, when treating the armpit, the entire armpit is marked out as a diamond shaped area.
- Topical anaesthesia would be used to reduce the impact of needle injections, given the thin nature of the skin here.
- Marks are then made about 1 cm apart to cover the whole area, and about 100 units of botox are injected in small amounts to cover the entire area of both armpits.
- A blow of cool air may also be used to reduce sensitivity during injections.
- The procedure is done in about less than 30 minutes and you would be able to return to normal activity.
- The effect will take about a week to 10 days to take effect, and the satisfaction rate is quite high (95%).
- It works very well for the armpits and the palms, the soles are not as responsive given the thick nature of the skin.
- Repeat sessions may be required after some months, depending on the severity of the condition.
- This is a cosmetic procedure and may not be covered by insurance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, All of you I want to ask that I have hair thinning problems since 1 year so I decided to go for hair transplant. So I want to know that it is safe or not. And what is the cost of 1000 to 1500 graft in India. Please provide me the best price rates.
All of us have the innate desire to age gracefully. We want to think like a 40 but look like a 20. Nevertheless, with few treatments, you can undo the signs of aging to restore your youthful glow.
- Laser Treatment: This method uses laser beams to generate heat energy for stimulating growth of new collagen fibers. This leaves your skin supple and rejuvenated.
- Botox Injections: One can do away with wrinkles by the use of unadulterated Botulinum toxin A. When injected in a small amount, they block the nerves and prevent contraction of the muscles. Hence, the skin appears less wrinkled and even smoother.
- Chemical Peel: Here, the doctor coats the affected areas of the skin with acid, thus causing microscopic exfoliation & new collagen formation and eliminating lines, creases and age spots.
- Dermabrasion: The procedure requires sanding the epidermis (upper skin layer) with the help of a rotating brush done with Aluminium Oxide Crystals. A new skin layer eventually replaces the old one that gets removed in the process.
- Face-lift: The method involves eliminating the excess skin and fat from the neck and the lower face, thus helping to tighten up the connective tissue and the underlying muscle.
- Soft Tissue Fillers: Soft tissue fillers including hyaluronic acid, collagen and fat can be injected into the creases on the face. This helps to plump and level out the furrows.
Anti-ageing treatments address and treat the following skin issues associated with age:
- Loss of one’s skin firmness
- Reduced elasticity of the skin
- Increased skin dryness
- Pigmentation disorders, such as uneven pigmentation or age spots
- Loss of skin radiance
- Wrinkle formation
- Increased vulnerability to rashes and bruises
- Greater translucency resulting in visibility of the veins
- Increased redness due to enlarged blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
The quest to look and feel young is never ending. Almost everybody feels they could look a couple of years younger with a few wrinkles less and firmer skin. While this was within access of only celebrities who could afford the various plastic surgical procedures a few decades ago, times have changed now. Scientists and doctors are doing researches to find more affordable and non-surgical ways of getting to look younger.
Botox was one of the wonderful results of this search. Clostridium botulinum causes food poisoning and produces a toxin known as botulinum. In extremely minor amounts, this toxin can paralyze muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines.
How Botox works
The muscles react when they receive a message from the nerve through chemicals known as neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such chemical, which is present in the face and sends messages to the facial skin from the nerves. What Botox does is prevent the release of acetylcholine and so the muscle does not receive any message, and so does not contract. This reduces the amount of wrinkles and fine lines.
Botox is one of the most powerful toxins identified to date. About 2 kg of the toxin is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race from Earth. That being its potency, the dosage and administration should be done only under experienced medical supervision.
For cosmetic purposes, they are most frequently used to reduce wrinkles on face and fine lines under the eyes and on the forehead. The wrinkles appear softened after the use of Botox, producing a younger, firmer skin. Aside from its cosmetic use, there are various other conditions for which Botox is medically approved for a number of medical ailments like:
- Chronic migraines
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Chronic neck spasms
- Excessive sweating
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Crow's feet (outer corner of the eyes)
- Urinary incontinence
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Esophageal motility disorders
The list is only set to get longer as more indications for Botox are identified. However, as mentioned, being an extremely toxic substance, it should be used only under complete medical supervision.
Side effects: Needless to say, there are side effects to this too, but when administered properly, it is an extremely safe procedure.
- Allergic reaction: Very few people might have an allergic reaction to the toxin
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
However, these are very transient and will subside in a couple of days, by which time the effect of Botox will be visible. Have a thorough discussion with your doctor before going for it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. It is tremendously important to stress upon the importance of using sunscreen. Using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun, but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness.
Two important facts about sunscreen are:
- You don't need to apply sunscreen if your makeup contains SPF - If any of your makeup products like foundation or powder contains SPF, do not assume that it can replace your sunscreen. Makeup containing SPF cannot protect your skin entirely as cosmetics are generally applied lightly and mostly doesn't cover places like T-zones, earlobes or hairline. To fully shield your skin from the sunrays, it's necessary to apply sunscreen or moisturizer with at least SPF 30 before putting makeup on. It is advisable to apply the sunscreen half an hour before stepping out for maximum benefit.
- You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or when you are indoors - Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
Following are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen:
- Do: Choose a sunscreen that is, at least, SPF 30+: That is the minimum protection that your skin requires. And if you must stay outdoors for an extended period of time, opt for a product with a higher SPF rating.
- Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors: For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
- Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face: Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Lybrate | Dr. Harish Prasad BR speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age.
Some causes that make your skin prone to acne are:
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne, especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Misc factors: Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
- Medication: Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition. Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anti convulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
A glowing and clear skin is something that we all aspire to have. Irrespective of age, gender or profession, having a skin free of acne, black heads, white heads and marks is something that is a welcome sight, for your own self as well as others who see you. A lot of people are blessed with impeccably flawless skin but they are many others who may have to go through treatments or medications to make sure that they are able to achieve the look that they desire the most.
As the year's pass, they tend to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of aging is our face. We have many ways with which we can manage to stop this wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the use of chemical peels.
How it works:
Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with help of other chemicals. It works by dissolving the dead cells of the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure reveals a new layer of skin, which is visibly brighter and younger. After the application of the peel, a neutralizer is applied to cease the action of peel. Different skin types and skin issues may require varied concentrations of and type of chemical peel and only an expert in the field may be able to decide the exact need.
Since, the skin may become a bit sensitive after the treatment, it is essential that anyone who undergoes peeling treatment ensures following precautions:
- The skin may become sensitive to soap, which is why washing the skin with soap needs to be avoided for 24 hours or as instructed by the specialist.
- If there is mild redness of the skin, a cold compress can be used to ease the irritation. However, if the irritation or redness is excessive, it needs to be brought to notice of the doctor.
- Bleaching, waxing, facials or other such treatments should be avoided for at least a week or as suggested by the dermatologist.
- It is also advisable to avoid heavy makeup for a short period of time after the chemical peel is carried out so that the skin gets enough time to recover itself.
Chemical peeling has several advantages:
- It is a safe an effective procedure with minimal complications.
- It is inexpensive and totally affordable.
- It can be easily combined with other modalities like micro-needling and microdermabrasion.
- Many peels can be done as a lunch-time procedure and patient can resume work immediately.
With advent of wide variety of peeling agents, a large number of problems can be addressed and peels can be customized according to needs of the patients. With the best medically approved cosmetic practices at your disposal, you may have to look no further for the glowing and radiant skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.