Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish P N
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harish P NYour feedback matters!
I Went vikaram hospital on month of January 2017 he done operations to my father Trigeminal neriology he is the best surgeons
Parkinson's disease affects the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but there is a decrease in a chemical called dopamine in the brains of people with Parkinson's. There is no cure for Parkinson's, but it often progresses slowly and the signs can be managed.
The 4 most common signs of Parkinson's are:
- tremors or shaking when at rest
- muscle stiffness
- slowed movement or problems starting a movement
- problems with balance and movement
As these signs worsen, you may also have trouble walking, talking, swallowing or doing simple tasks such as bathing or dressing. As the disease progresses, other signs such as pain, bowel or bladder problems and sleep problems may occur.
When you start to show signs of this disease, you should consult a neurologist for diagnosis and start medicines. Then you should consult a physiatrist or rehabilitation physician for making rehabilitation plan to prevent early onset of disability. Rehabilitation plan contains medicines, physical therapy or specific exercises, occupation-specific advises brace, etc.
The physical therapist can help you learn exercises that can help you with movements.
You may need to work with your neurologist or physiatrist to make adjustments in your medicines to keep your signs controlled. Over time, many people have side effects from the medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease. You may also need occupational therapy or speech therapy to deal with signs as the disease progresses. As your signs get worse, surgery may be an option to reduce tremors.
Things you can do to manage your signs:
- walk slowly with a straight posture and with your legs further apart.
- Think about taking big steps to help keep your steps more normal.
- use a 4-prong cane or a walker if needed.
- if you become stuck or freeze in one place, rock gently from side to side or pretend to step over an object on the floor.
- place tape strips on the floor to guide you through your house.
- Remove area rugs and furniture from your walking path.
- stand up from a chair or bed slowly to avoid feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
When using the bathroom
install grab bars on the walls beside toilets and inside showers and bathtubs to help you stand up.
- use a shower chair inside the shower.
- install an elevated toilet seat to make standing up easier after using the toilet.
- shave with an electric razor.
- wear loafers or shoes with velcro.
- wear simple dresses or pants with elastic waistbands such as sweatpants.
When eating or drinking:
- use a cup with a large handle to make it easier to hold.
- use a bowl instead of a plate to limit spills and make it easier to scoop up food.
- Work closely with your rehabilitation team to manage your signs of Parkinson's disease. Rehabilitation can significantly improve your quality of life.
Doctor I don't know Raat ko. Sote sote achanak se aisa feel ho raha tha ki mai hil raha hu aur pata nahi ajeeb sa chakkar sa mehsoos ho. Raha tha fir utha uthne ke baad body vibrate kar rahi thi 30 second baad Relax mila body ko lekin sone ki kosis ki neend nahi aayi ghabrat si ho dahi thi 4 baje neend aayo 2 baje se mujhe 3 din pehle loose motion huye the fir parso nightfall hua tha kahi garmi ke karad ya kamjori ke karad toh nahi hai. Mujhe gardan main aur kamar dard rehta hai main graphic designer hu mera work. Time 9 to 6 hai system par lagatar baithna padata hai office mai. Simple home chair hai us par baithna padta hai ye sote time aisa feel kyu hua hai doctor ye achanak pehle bhi hua tha 1 saal pehle .aur thakan bhut jaldi hoti hai pet saaf nahi rehta body kabhi kabhi aisi lagti hai vibrate ho rahi hai kya bones bhi week hai Suggest me main kya karu?
I have mild scalp numbness or pin like sensation on the right side of head alone. I feel this whenever I comb or run my hands in that area. What could be the causes? History: Had a loop ileostomy 6 years ago that was closed within 3 months. The ileostomy had been put temporarily to treat abdominal TB and adhesion. Otherwise have been healthy and normal for past 6 years.
Hi doc, my friend has swere migran problem he had consult with many docs even in abroad also taken ayurvedic medicines, how can he get relief from this.
Dear Doc, I am sensitive to herbal medicines which works on nerves. Whenever I took herbal medicine it shows some side effect nerves tightness in throat, indigestion insomnia heart beat bp. It is all regulate by nervous system. I took green tea to oxidise these negative effect since I heard green tea to be very effective antioxidant. But since I am sensitive it has worsen my condition I have become hypersensitive to medicine allopathy too. If I took any medicine it shows some effect on my nervous system. please suggest how to subside side effect caused by green tea. I am facing problem in staying sleep, digestion nerves at throat etc high bp (sometimes)
Sir my hands are shivering without tension at am doing to cure from that one so please cure method to me sir.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!