Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harish KoushikYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old male. My teeth are very sensitive. I am finding difficult to chew and eat food. I tried several home remedies and changed my tooth paste also but still the same problem remains. Please help me with this problem. Thanks Akhter.
I am 40 year old, i've dental problem all teeth are loose not able to speak, eat, properly. I consulted doctor they said you have gum problem, I did gum operation, after that my teeth are become very loose, please help me.
My grandson is suffering swelling on lower jaw chin for the past 10 days. Initially it was informed as infection and was given medicines. Slowly the swelling got reduced but not significantly. The boy suffered a lot initially and was not able to take food but now slowly taking. Could you advice on this.
My wife is pregnant. She is now in 9 month. We actually found few weeks back tht her front teeth are widening. I. E. Noticeable distance is formed between her upper front teeth. And she is reporting tht her teeth gums are painting severely. please advise what to do.
I am 24 yr old. My canine teeth are crooked and elevated outside. Then I consulted a orthodontist, she said that your teeth size is big so they are misaligned and for the alignment of teeth your first premolar is to be removed. Removing the premolar can affect the head and created much pain, isn't it?
Hi, I am 24 years old I had all test like HIV hsv vdrl hpv and many more, Mouth sore always, I quit smoking from last 4 months back, sexually active from last 5 years, kidney stones also got now taking treatment, what's the causes please help me.
How can I remove cavity Of my teeth I used colgate closeup I have also problem mouth smell Kindly suggest me.
I had a small accident in which my front teeth broke into half, I consulted my dentist and he had root canaled it, now he is out of town for next week. I just need to know how long does it really take to make a fake tooth cap of given measurements. I have exams in two weeks I do not want to attend them like this. please help what should I do?
I am a 16 year old male and my problem is that my teeth have become yellowish. I've tried many toothpastes, but it didn't help. What can I do? I really want to make my teeth whiter again. Please help me.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"