Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Harish KoushikYour feedback matters!
Fluoride is a mineral which is great for teeth and takes great care of your dental health. This mineral is completely colourless and it is available naturally. It has got different forms like gas, liquid and solid. Tooth decay can be prevented so that teeth can be strengthened. You can also get this mineral in smaller amounts in the drinking water supplied by municipality so that dental health can be improved to a great extent.
Important facts about fluoride
- Maintenance of the thyroid gland: Fluoride can be used for the effective reduction of thyroid gland functions. This is how metabolism speed can be easily maintained by this mineral. Premature puberty can be invited by fluoride.
- Reduction of dental decay: Dental decay can be reduced as a result of which dental health can be preserved. Weak teeth bones can be made stronger with the use of fluoride on a regular basis. This is a medicated mineral and the experts have approved the same as the best protective element for teeth.
- Preventing cavities: Growth of cavities can be prevented by using this mineral as a result of which oral health can be ensured. Different kinds of oral troubles, especially gum swelling, pain, dental bleeding and others can be prevented. On the other hand, infectious oral diseases can also be prevented.
- Purification of drinking water: As per the researches conducted by experts, drinking water can be purified, and thus your health condition can be improved. However, make sure that limited dosage is included in water. Fluoride is absolutely safe and hygienic in nature.
- High quality toothpaste: This mineral is now available in teeth-protecting toothpastes so that dental health can be maintained with great care. The dentists often recommend using these toothpastes for preventing dental risks. These toothpastes not only protect teeth bones, but also prevent the dental nerves.
- Fluoride unsafe for kids: It is advised to keep kids away from overexposure of fluoride as that might cause severe damages. In case the dentist prescribes fluoride based products for your children, it is only then you should allow your kids to use fluoride based products.
- Fixing weak enamel: Weak enamel can create a lot of dental issues, and these issues can be easily avoided by using fluoride. On the other hand, formation of destructive acid causing tooth decay can also be efficiently prevented by the concerned mineral.
Harmful enzymes causing greater dental damages can be easily tackled along with preservation of healthy oral condition. But in this case, consistent usage of the mineral should be essentially maintained. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Occasional teeth clenching is fairly common disorder among adults and children throughout the world. But if the teeth grinding occurs repeatedly, it can cause significant damage to your teeth or gums (with chances of potential tooth loss) and overall dental hygiene. Furthermore, recurrent episodes of bruxism might cause other serious complications such as severe headaches, facial pain or disorders in the temporomandibular joints (located in the forepart of the ear).
According to recent studies, 15-33% of children tend to grind their teeth while they develop their first few pairs and generally stop with the gradual development of adult teeth. In adults, this disorder might occur as an involuntary response, completely unbeknownst to the concerned individual.
The most likely causes of bruxism are as follows:
According to the doctors, in 70% of the adults, repressed stress or anxiety might result in teeth grinding while you are sleeping.
Bruxism might also occur as a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine, sleeping pills, tobacco, and selected anti-depressants.
Bruxism might also occur due to depression and the sheer competitive nature in certain individuals.
Bruxism might also occur due to a serious disorder such as Parkinson ’s disease.
Bruxism might also occur as an axillary of other sleep related disorders such as excessive snoring, sleep apnoea, etc.
If you have an irregular structural alignment among the upper and lower sets of teeth, Bruxism is more likely to occur.
In children, Bruxism might occur as a response from to pain in the ear or tooth.
The following treatments can be implemented to treat permanent instances of bruxism:
If it is caused by severe stress and anxiety, stress management therapies can be very useful to prevent Bruxism.
If you have a habit of grinding your teeth while you are asleep, you can consult your doctor to provide you with mouth guards.
Regulated consumption of alcohol, tobacco might help prevent Bruxism if it is caused by a side effect of either one of them. Likewise, if the disorder occurs due to a side effect of antidepressants or any other psychiatric medications, you must consult your doctor to change the particular medication.
You can also opt for Dental correction procedures like night guard if the reason of the disorder is the misalignment of the upper and lower teeth or other related dental complications. A custom fit night guard will not only safeguard your comfort, but improve the quality of your smile as well.
Although medications are not common, muscle relaxants (for a certain period of time) or Botox injections are prescribed by doctors when the patient does not respond to other forms of treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.