Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Harish K VYour feedback matters!
My father having sugar with in 2.3 and he antral his food and he doing walk also and take karela juice also but sugar is not control
I am 35 years old and suffering from diabetes and I am taking insulin and I am having poor health. My weight is 85 kg and height 163 cm. I am always getting disease often. Pls suggest some advice.
I am 22 years old male. From last year my acid increases a lot I had to take tablets for it. While taking tablets I feel normal. But when I leave tablets after a month I feel nauseous. I could not eat. And it continues . Then I had to see doctor. He gives some tablet course to do. I don't know what's happening?
I am 48 years old, and have allergic Rhinitis, for which I take septilin My sugar level is normal- it's 109. But, I feel fatigued and drowsy for a little while, and I end up taking a nap. I want to feel active and energetic, but don't know why I feel lethargic, moody and irritable at times. Please advise.
She has diabetes and thyroid suffers from severe constipation generally diabetes level is high when it is normal then her b. P becoming low what to do for constipation.
Istamet vs gluformin what is more better and effective in type 2? my pre sugar test is 200 and post sugar test is 410. I have been told to take istamet once and gluformin once. What is more better for me istamet or gluformin or both?
I'm suffering from thyroid from past 3 years. And taking 25mcg. But my weight is 75 from past 3 years. By which way I have to control my thyroid levels.
Hello sir my blood sugar fasting 105 mg & after pp 91mg with out medicine pl suggest which care me for my health.
Here are symptoms and causes of thyroid
I am 35 years old I have piles complaint what can I do to control and also I have sugar complaint. Please help.
I am suffering from the numbness of my toes and ankle. I am a bit diabetic and also BP but they are under control. I am 65 years old. I walk about 2 kms in the morning and i. I/2 kms in the evening. I also feel wetness in my feet and some times cramps in by right feet. Is there any remedy?
My father is having fever since yesterday 102" F.he does not have dengue as he had been checked for it. Sometimes fever is coming sometimes it is not there. Is there anything serious plzz help. He is a diabetic patient n on medications.
I terminated my first pregnancy 4 years ago and I did it because I was unmarried that time and my partner did it forcefully. I was shattered physically and mentally after that incident. Two years ago my parents fixed my marriage and after a year we came in physical relationship. We both got married in February and I conceived on 1st April. Since it was really very unplanned and we were just not ready for the child so we mutually decided to abort this pregnancy too. It has been 15 days now and I am recovering gradually but I am very worried about my health now. Today I went to doctor for discussing all this but she behaved very rudely with me for my two abortions. I know at the age of 23, it should not be happen. But it's really my misfortune and I seriously need help of some good gynecologist who can really help me with a good guidance. I want to know that can I suffer from infertility because of my abortions. Can't I start a family in future. Is my uterus really weak to carry a baby in future? What should I do to recover from these situations mentally and physically?
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.