Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Harish BabuYour feedback matters!
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Hello ma'am, I'm having a severe pain in my abdominal part and in vaginal part too. I'm not into any relationship or something. Whenever I go for urine I have a an intense pain in my vagina and there is a problem of white discharge too with a stinky smell. Please help me.
I have a 3.1 mm stone in lower ureter, will it pass its own? My doc told, I can wait 7 more days then surgery.
Hello sir, My father's age is 40 years. He suffers from Ureteral calculus and he can't control it. Please Doctor tell us how to cure this?
I have been operated 10 years back for kidney stone. Since than I get pain, on movement, on the kidney side after eating tomatoes, palak,kaju or chocolates. I take homeopathic medicine for that and get relief in 2-3 days. Homeo doctor says that is due to some allergy. Is there any permanent cure for this ailment. Pls Suggest. Ultrasound has been done 4-5 times and there are no kidney stones at present.
My mother has urethra stricture Post radio therapy she is 65 years old. What treatments she can take?
I am 56 years old lady with the problem of urine retention, slight leakage when cough, laugh, what is the remedy????
I am a ckd patient from the past two years. And I am undergoing in dialysis. Twice a week. I would like to know whether the continuous dialysis makes me die or I should go for transplant soon. Tell me.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hi i 30years male recently i examin the (urine ) the result was (4-6 rbc) and (+++cal.) please advice me for further treatment (dr. prescribed antibiotic & alycluzire)
I am 28 year old guy and suffering from kidney stone from past 3 years, some time it make lot back pain and while urinating early morning it's contain blood I mean to say that fully reddish color.
Hello! One of my friend, she is 18 years of age and her urine occurs after evry 10 -15 minutes, her water consumption and other liquid diet is normal and not in excess, So what might be the cause for this and how to overcome from this prblm?
I am 27 year old, I have problem that sometimes when I urinates, urine does not stop dripping it stays for long time but it does not stop. Finally I have to stop it forcefully but after sometime I have pressure again please provide me your valuable suggestions.
Wants to know the difference between Berberis vulgaris q & Berberis vulgaris 30ch. As my wife is taking Berberis vulgaris 30ch for kidney stone.
I have problems with my urination. There is a pungent smell from many days and recently I have started facing a new problem. I frequently get an urge to urinate but then excretion is hardly a spoonful.
Hi doctor Plzz suggest me what to do. My periods are irregular. In normal days most of the tym secretion occurs through vagina. Whitish mucus released and also I have a bad smell in my urine. Plzz suggest me how to reduce smell from vagina and urine.
Check out how you can keep your pair of kidneys functional right until you need them:
1) Increase Fluid Intake: No.1 reason for kidney stones/problems is not drinking enough water. When your fluid intake is low, it puts extra work load on the kidneys to pass toxins. Similarly excessive alcohol intake leads to dehydration and puts pressure on your kidneys making them age earlier.
2) Cut Back On Salt: Salt is anti-kidneys. If you have any chronic problem, try to aim for less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium each day.
3) Empty Your Bladder: Do not keep urine stored in bladder for too long. It majorly affects the functioning of kidneys.
4) Check On Chronic Problems: Manage your diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease well. These have direct impact on Kidneys, esp. Your cholesterol levels, sugar levels and blood pressure. Having high cholesterol, especially if you have diabetes, puts you more at risk for kidney disease, heart disease and stroke.
5) Balance your Physical Health: Keep your body active to keep organs such as kidneys in good functioning. Do at least 15 min of cardio exercises daily. Also, get sufficient rest for your body.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.