Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harish B NageshYour feedback matters!
Teeth need to be maintained well be it natural or artificial. While the natural teeth have their own built-in safety mechanisms, the artificial ones do not and the onus is completely on the owner to care for them. Dentures can be fixed or removable (partial or complete). For best appearance and proper functioning, these need to be cared for as listed below.
Removable dentures, whether partial or complete, do the following with your removable dentures.
1. Remove and rinse dentures after eating: Take out your dentures and wash it under running water to remove food debris.
2. Handle with care: Especially if your denture has clasps, be sure to not bend them as it may alter the fit. While removing and wearing it, be careful to not drop it, the denture can break.
3. Mouth rinse: Rinse your mouth each time after you remove the denture and before each time you put them back in.
4. Brushing: Use a soft-bristled brush for regular cleaning of teeth and tongue. If no teeth are present, use a soft gauze pad and plain finger massage to clean the gum line and bone on which the denture sits.
5. Soak dentures: When not in the mouth, always place your dentures in a bowl of water. Solution for soaking dentures are available, to be used for overnight denture soaking. When left in open air, the material used to make the denture is affected and may not fit properly over a period of time. Rinse them thoroughly before putting it back in the mouth.
6. Clean your dentures: Rinse the dentures at least twice daily. This will help remove food and plaque.
7. Denture adhesive: When using a denture adhesive, extra cleaning around the area that fits into the gum and bone should be done.
8. Regular dental visits: Visit your dentist regularly to ensure that dentures are fitting properly, functioning as expected and the other parts of the mouth are constantly checked for general health. Ill-fitting dentures can lead to irritation, sores and infection and so should be immediately attended to.
Some things to avoid if you are a denture user are as follows:
1. Soaking the denture in hot water: The denture material can get warped when it is soaked in hot water and have spots on it, which impacts the looks of it.
2. Hard toothbrushes: Always use a soft toothbrush
3. Toothpastes with whitening agents: In most cases, the denture cleanser and normal water and sufficient to clean dentures with a soft brush.
4. Fixed dentures: These are easier to manage than the removable ones. However, periodic visits to the dentist for regular check up is a must. A visit every 6 months is ideal to maintain proper oral hygiene. In addition, regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing are to be continued.
I am a 20 years old 3rd years BDS student. My mandibular lateral incisors are a bit rotated but is not noticeable. Also I have very little overcrowding in the mandibular arch. Ortho treatment was not necessary in my case. Still I am under ortho treatment since last 4 months in my college under a 2nd year PG staff. Proximal stippling was done between lower premolars but there are no noticeable effects. I want to get my braces removed now. They are saying I cannot leave my treatment halfway like this and I have to pay for the full treatment for getting my braces removed. Is it possible to get my braces removed in another private clinic? Kindly let me know the cost of removal process and any suggestions if you like. Thank you.
Hi Sir, I am 29 years old sir my question is I drink cool water and drink some time beers 2 days onwards my neck and mouth always dry sir please tell me any solution.
Hi sir, Gud afternoon i am facing a problem of my dental .When i am drinking cool water, at that time i am feeling density and i am unable to drink cool water.The water reaches my teath and it was so painfull.Please sir solve my problem
Sir I want to know how to avoid tooth pain even brushing two time daily. I have tried many cure's method but also its not working?
this is mastan nallavula, i am suffering from teeth problem... one teeth is damaged so please suggested any toothpaste and mediation .
My daughter is 7 year old after fall of milk teeth, front 2 new teeth developed but it there is much more gap between 2 teeth and this teeth is slightly inclined outwards, please suggest let us know clips treatment is required and what age it should be done, can we start treatment immediately ?
Sir I have multiple white dots inside of my mouth on inner walls of cheeks since last 20 days. The size of dots are 0.5 mm or less than this. Please suggest what happened to my mouth. I can send pics on your contacts if required. Thanks sir.
If you are constantly engaged in sports related activities, always wear a mouthguard to protect your mouth and orthodontic appliances while the treatment is going on.