Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hari PrasadYour feedback matters!
I use to much trauma cream and now my face skin get burned just tell me how I can heel my face skin immediately.
I am 34 years old female having dark circles .applied lots of medicine but no affect. please tell the permanent solution.
I have a problem of hair fall? How I will to recover my hair and my face is so oily every time so please give the trick so solve this problem?
Hi. How long does glyco-12 takes to lighten my hands and feet? Is there any creams which does better?
I have seen an advtsmnt about radiance whitening serum in the net. I have searched about it. Its only available through their official site. Its not available in the open market .it claims their ingredients are rare and highly beneficial .is there any product worth d money we spent? Its cost is 1700 rs apx.
There is a problem in my anus it started to pain, itching and some portion of my anus become hot. Soon came out after fresh from the bathroom .This happen to me from last few days. I am really afraid is this the symptoms of piles? please refer some medicine from which I can cure..
My hands has become black due to sun tanning as I used to wear tshirts of half sleeve. The skin got burnt. What to do overcome this problem?
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non absorbable stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches heal quickly and are easy to remove. Non absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches are applied on layers which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infections.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see your doctor?
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek for a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If unfortunately you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
My forehead full of black. Even I have some black marks in my face. How can I clear it. please help me to clear this.
I have lichen simplex or lichen planus pigmentosa, it’s about 1 years and I did’t find any improvement it’s increasing. Kindly help.
I have many black spots and pimples on my face m only use himlya skin cream please teĺl me what I do.
A flawless skin is the first parameter of a beautiful appearance. No matter what is your colour, a glamorous skin with no spots and blackheads is a must for being beautiful. In fact, it is the dream of most women to get a beautiful skin. Your skin can look young forever, if you take care of it in a proper manner. Your skin can look young if the collagen that is produced by the cells in skin remains intact. It helps in keeping your skin wrinkle-free and holds it tight. But, as you get older, the collagen gets damaged and its production is reduced. Here’s how you can take care of the collagen fibre and keep your skin intact:
Take Vitamin C: According to American Journal of Nutrition women in their mid age with sufficient amount of vitamin C had wrinkle-free skin. They looked young and vitamin. Vitamin C plays a vital role in the production of collagen. It also catalyses collagen repair. You can have food rich in vitamin C. Thus, you can eat leafy green vegetables and citrus fruits for best results on regular basis.
Stop Smoking: It is always advisable to quit smoking in order to have younger and fairer spotless skin. Smoking is responsible for the release of an enzyme called metalloproteinases. This enzyme is responsible for damage of collagen fibre.
Stay Away From Sun Rays: It is a known fact that sun rays are harmful to the skin. They contain ultraviolet radiations. These UV rays destroy collagen fibres, leading to loosening of the skin. Thus, it is best to avoid staying outdoors under the sun for too long on a regular basis. Or, if it is absolutely unavoidable, you must put on sunscreen lotions or creams, which protect your skin against UV rays.
Take Retinol: You can apply retinoid creams. They boost the formation of collagen. These are prescription drugs. But, there are also some over-the-counter creams with retinol in lighter doses. These are useful for having a younger skin.
Avoid Sweet Stuff: You must not eat too much of sweet stuff as they can cause beauty disaster. Excess sugar leads to the production of advanced glycation end products by attaching itself to lipids and proteins. This would hamper your skin and its collagen.
- Exfoliate: It is important for you to exfoliate your skin daily. It removes the dead cells from the outer layer and allows the skin to breathe and look fresh. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.