Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hareesh K VYour feedback matters!
My eye have pain in last year. I had consult a doctor early. He write somany medicine. I haven't any change. What should I do?
I have problem with my eye vision. It is like night blindness. Is there any cure? It is an hereditary came from my grand father. He is also suffering from the same. Please guide me as I want get rid of it. Thank you.
I have a cold problem from last 2 years after lots of check ups I came to know it's sinus Please suggest me measures to be away or healthy from it headache, cough and red eye are some serious problems.
Hello sir, I am suffering from short sightedness. What should I do to avoid increasing my specs number! Please tell me.
Hi Team, I'm feeling giddy since 3 days. I have consulted near by doctor and tested my BP and it's normal. But I feel the same again. Eyes feel like things around me rotating and after half an hour I feel in normal. Could you suggest me how to avoid this and medicine for this. Thank you. Regards Ganesh Jakotiya.
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eyeball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and is considered as an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD):
- Early AMD: This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD: A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD: People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss. Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasians are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contracting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable, but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.
I have red eyes for over three days and continuously tears fall so what should I have to do right now?
I went to eye hospital for eye operation. I got all tests done and the doctor said that the part of eye is not clear. There is only centre vision. I have no side vision. So operation is not useful in this case. Its the second doctor which said the same. Thing. Is there any ayurvedic of homeopathy treatment for part of eye?
Due to much stress in these days due to exams and due to continuous study of 5-6 hrs. Daily. I am having a problem in my eyes that continuously water is coming out. It seems as if everything is blurred in front of me. So it is a big problem for me in my exam time.
I am 26. My left eye has turned to red from last 3days. I do sleep for 6-7hrs but continuously work on computer for 8hrs daily. Kindly suggest the remedy and precautions to be taken in future.
I have eye pain when looking on mobile for just 2 minutes. What can I do. I can not look mobile for a 5 minutes. But I have to use it for at least 3 hrs a day.
Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and cure:
Conjunctivitis: This disease is commonly called pink eye. It involves swelling of the conjunctiva lines inside the eyelids which cover the sclera of the eyes as well.
- May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and substances, which cause irritation such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools.
- Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people.
- This disease is infectious in nature and spreads from person to person.
This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments containing antibiotics. Avoid being with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.
Glaucoma: In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time. Build-up of pressure takes place inside the eye.
- Occurs due to intense pressure within the eyes or the intraocular pressure.
- The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve.
- Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated.
Eye drops, laser surgery, and microsurgery are methods for curing glaucoma.
Ocular Migraine: This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
- Mainly caused due to health-related issues than from eye problems.
- Also occurs from regular migraines.
- It is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina.
This disorder can be cured by using aspirin, epilepsy drugs and blood-pressure medication known as beta blockers.
Retinal vascular occlusion: This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
- Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease.
- The blood flow to the retina is restricted.
Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
Ophthalmoplegia: Paralysis of the eye muscles occurs. Can occur in more than one of the eye muscles.
- Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain.
- Caused from muscle disorders.
- Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc.
Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
Eye diseases are very common, and a large number of eye diseases can occur from different reasons and causes.