Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hameed MiyanYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old male suffering from high blood pressure and high uric acid and facing so much problem due to this. Please help me and suggest me to get rid out of this. Disease?
I have palpitation and quality sugar. How can I cut down sugar in diets. I take multivitamins oftenly to compensate weakness. Pain in back side of regions till feet is still gaining approximately. Musculoskeletal pain is the common disease here in family.
Is it possible to control diabetics only on Ayurvedic medicine? How? What are the medicines. Blood sugar Fasting 180 mg PP 255 mg BP 160/90?
I am 52 years old and I have high sugar- 412 and I feel restless in nights and do not get sleep until and unless I take sleeping tablets. I feel extreme weakness. And at times I also go into depression. Please assist me what to eat and not to eat also.
I have uric acid problem since many years level is between 8 to 8.5 homeopathic treatment doing but level is not coming down. I am having normal diet even going for daily walking 30 minutes. Please advice me if any suitable treatment.
Hello doctor, I am suffering from thyroid since 2008. Presently I am planning for pregnancy. For that I got to know that thyroid levels are important. Today I have done my thyroid test and got the results as TSH 4.44. I have given my blood sample in the morning after having thyroid tablets and on fasting. Presently I am taking thyronorm 75 mg and on Saturday & Sunday taking 75+25 mg tablets. 1) How much thyroid level should have for conceiving (pregnancy)? 2) How to know the exact level of thyroid? What are the tests? Only the blood test? For blood test how to give the blood sample for testing i.e after taking tablets & food? 3) Presently suggest me the thyroid dosage. Please help me on above 3 issues.
While india is racing towards the no 1 country having the most number of diabetic patients, though the knowledge regarding the general guidelines about diabetes care, or dos and dont's to follow is lacking on a very large scale patients and that includes the most literate persons also.
There are a few things that matters the most which are as follows:
1) diet: most patients are in knowledge that the diet should be restricted in sweets. But rarely anybody knows that only restriction of food that taste sweet will not do the needed.
The food high in carbohydrates also must be included in the list as carbohydrates are the first line source of the body's energy store to convert them in to sugar.
E. G. Rice, potatos, bananas, or over ripen fruits.
And advice is to take them in minimum quantity instead of completely banning them.
Again how to eat? the advise is to divide your large meals in to smaller meals at the interval of 3-4 hours. Avoid eating too much at a time. Diabetes patients also should not indulge in fasting too much.
2) exercise: now many knows that diabetes is having two types: insulin dependent and insulin independent.
In the first type there is actual lack of effective circulating insulin, while the second types does have most of the time considerable amount of insulin to be used but the effectiveness is reduced. Because of the increased amount of fat deposition around cells. In that case doing prescribed exercise will not only help build the general health but by reducing the fat layer around the cells it helps the insulin to reach its effector cells and do its functions normally. Thats why exercise is one of the crucial key points in the diabetic regime.
3) regular investigation: this a very major dilema in many patients that I have observed throughout my practice. Many of the patients don't go for investigation in the fear that what if the blood sugar level comes abnormal. At that point I could remember a saying" if a cat drinks milk with the eyes closed, it doesn't mean that world does not see it.
If its already abnormal then by going for the investigation will make you aware and you can take proper preventive steps to by pass any complications that might have fall upon you.
So advise isto go for the regular blood sugar checkup at least once every two months for those whose levels remains under the normal range and often if it is uncontrolled.
And one should also think of investigated for hba1c every 3-4 months as it will give general idea of the glycemic control.
4) general prevention of complication and specific cares:
By following the above mentioned points you could easily prevent the major complications. But there are also some specific cares you should not ingnore:
Like get examined for any underlying heart condition, or opthalmic conditions, or the like, or kidney problems, or neurological involvement.
Out of these one that I care the most and patients ingnore the most is foot care:&nbsp;
Why is this important: as our feet not being a vital organ we usually ignore but it can be a reason for a very major complication and even can be fatal.
Because of diabetes there are very chances that any injury will not heal at a normal pace and if not taken a due care then it can turn into gangrene. Which we all know that leads to amputation and life long being a handicap.&nbsp;
Because of poor supply and other vascular degeneration it can cause deep vein thrombosis means the veins in you leg gets obstructed by clotts and if such clott dislodges from there and gets in to the circulation then whenever it gets deposited it causes a grave complication like myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke (paralysis), or other organs can also get affected.
These were some important topics that I thought the general population should know so that they can educate themselves and minimize their emergency visits to the doctors.
Being a homeopath I cannot restrain myself to propogate homeopathy because it is as a true notion that a harmless and gentle treatment, less costly than any other mode of treatment (directly or indirectly), very easy to follow (just few white sugar pills and drops of medicines), prevents the above mentioned complications, and not only that also improves the general health.
There are some homeopathic medicines well proved to be very effective and unquestionable positive effects:
E. G:- syzigium jambolanum, cephalendra, abroma augusta, uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid etc.
Note: above mentioned medicines are very useful and anybody can try but the advise is to consult the specialist as the doses and the repititions needs to be regulated case specifically.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.